Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Secret santa time!!!--PLEASE READ IMPORTANT UPDATE!!!!  REMEMBER TO THANK YOUR SENDER >

Secret santa time!!!--PLEASE READ IMPORTANT UPDATE!!!! REMEMBER TO THANK YOUR SENDER

Secret santa time!!!--PLEASE READ IMPORTANT UPDATE!!!! REMEMBER TO THANK YOUR SENDER

Old 09-30-2011, 05:17 AM

Originally Posted by lindyline
Umm hello. Where did all these other gOod at being naughty people suddenly sprout from??
Notice they only come out of the woodwork after the names are released.
Just goes to show they're not as good at being naughty as they think.
And Sharon here's th guy blowing a raspberry!!
AIN'T IT JUST THE TRUTH...
Old 09-30-2011, 05:19 AM

Originally Posted by mcdaniel023
I am so excited. The fun has begun. Now remember, I am not naughty. No sending early, no shaking when my pressie comes, and no peeking. Yeah right. :lol: :lol: :lol:
you can send it early to me and I'll check it over and send it on :)
Old 09-30-2011, 05:39 AM

Originally Posted by Moedeenie
I rec'd my Secret Santa swap partner just in time for a quilting bus trip this weekend and all of our annual craft shows!!!

Yikes... I am signed up for several holiday swaps, so how will I know which package I need to hold until the designated date...??? The Secret Pal, Ornament and New Years swaps require that we notify the senders and hosts upon receipt. Should we mark the packages Secret Santa?
Moe, last year, I wrote on the box DO NOT OPEN Until and the reveal date, which BTW, has it been decided yet? Need to go back and check if I missed it.
Also, put secret santa instead of your name. Last year, I also wrapped the gifts.

Yay! Let the fun begin! I also checked my "box" for items that I thought my pal might like. She didn't provide much information other than one tip, so hopefully, I won't disappoint.
Old 09-30-2011, 05:45 AM

Originally Posted by candi
Yay! Let the fun begin! I also checked my "box" for items that I thought my pal might like. She didn't provide much information other than one tip, so hopefully, I won't disappoint.

last night when got the name I clicked on their name and started reading responses they left to threads or subjects they started and got some great ideas of what the person likes.
Old 09-30-2011, 05:50 AM

Originally Posted by JSNOMORE
I got my SS name. I won't have to work too hard because I had her for a Secret Pal swap earlier this year so I now lots of stuff to send. Off to make some homemade stuff.
I lit up! I thought me?! possibly me?!

No... I had you for a st. patties day swap, not a SP... Oh well!

I got my name, but no info. Which means she is at my mercy (evil grin, ha ha ha)... LOL no, probably going to do a theme of some sort.
Old 09-30-2011, 05:56 AM

Originally Posted by dreamer2009

last night when got the name I clicked on their name and started reading responses they left to threads or subjects they started and got some great ideas of what the person likes.
Yup, good thinking dreamer, I did that too, but she doesn't post much. Now here is a hint :mrgreen:

I also would like to encourage swappers to update their profile, and tell us something about them, it sure makes putting a package together much easier and increases your chances of getting something you can use, :-D Just saying :P I didn't give any information, but I do have a good bit about me in my profile,and I think many of us will check there. :thumbup:
Old 09-30-2011, 05:58 AM

Yup, good thinking dreamer, I did that too, but she doesn't post much. Now here is a hint :mrgreen:

I also would like to encourage swappers to update their profile, and tell us something about them, it sure makes putting a package Fletcher much easier and increases your chances of getting something you can use, :-D Just saying :P I didn't give any information, but I do have a good bit about me in my profile,and I think many of us will check there. :thumbup:
WOW~~~GREAT IDEA
Old 09-30-2011, 06:23 AM

I also would like to encourage swappers to update their profile, and tell us something about them, it sure makes putting a package together much easier and increases your chances of getting something you can use, :-D Just saying :P I didn't give any information, but I do have a good bit about me in my profile,and I think many of us will check there. :thumbup:
Very good idea,mine did not give me much to go on and I went to the profile and there is even less so please update your profile!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-30-2011, 06:43 AM

Originally Posted by Moedeenie
I rec'd my Secret Santa swap partner just in time for a quilting bus trip this weekend and all of our annual craft shows!!!

Yikes... I am signed up for several holiday swaps, so how will I know which package I need to hold until the designated date...??? The Secret Pal, Ornament and New Years swaps require that we notify the senders and hosts upon receipt. Should we mark the packages Secret Santa?
You can mark Secret Santa on the outside of the package OR...wrap everything inside (just to torment them a bit more) and put do not open until opening day.

If you need more info about your person, PM Sharon b or myself (me before Monday) and we will get you the information.
As to what to put on the box for a date for opening...Put "DO NOT OPEN UNTIL REVEAL DAY".
Old 09-30-2011, 06:46 AM

Thanks KGoodhand, Candi, and Dreamer and tlrnhi! Sure would hate to be a spoiler, especially just before Christmas!!! Good thinking to put Secret Santa in place of our name on the package!

I am new to the quilting board this year so this is my first secret santa swap... I love these swaps so much! My 10 y/o grandson was visiting over the summer and was here when I received my July SP swap and he said "You get a package every month MoeMoe?" I said I sure do! "WOW that's cool!!!"...I got him started sewing last fall (actually I bought a sewing machine for my daughter, needless to say, she didn't express much interest in it, but my grandson was over the moon with it and he made all of his relatives and his teacher potholders, napkins and coasters for Christmas. I will cherish those handmade treasures forever!

Oh, do we give hints and clues along the way...?