Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: September 2019 Pincushion Swap

I received the cutest little friend from a far away land today. Thank you Caroline! I love it! Is it felt or wool? Is it all sewn by hand? I would love to learn this technique. I love the one made by m-Fay too. I wish you ladies could give me lessons. The one I made seems so simple in comparison. You inspire me to learn new things. What a fun swap! Name:  image.jpeg
Views: 88
Size:  1.75 MB

Blog Entries
    Nonnie4,

Do my eyes deceive me, is that a mouse sitting on your pumpkin? M-fay where do you find all these ideas for pincushions? They are just too awesome!
    Aurora

"A dying culture invariably exhibits personal rudeness. Bad manners. Lack of consideration for others in minor matters. A loss of politeness, of gentle manners, is more significant than is a riot." -Robert A. Heinlein

Blog Entries
    Nonnie4,

Do my eyes deceive me, is that a mouse sitting on your pumpkin? M-fay where do you find all these ideas for pincushions? They are just too awesome!
    Aurora

"A dying culture invariably exhibits personal rudeness. Bad manners. Lack of consideration for others in minor matters. A loss of politeness, of gentle manners, is more significant than is a riot." -Robert A. Heinlein

Quote Originally Posted by Nonnie4 View Post
    I received the cutest little friend from a far away land today. Thank you Caroline! I love it! Is it felt or wool? Is it all sewn by hand? I would love to learn this technique. I love the one made by m-Fay too. I wish you ladies could give me lessons. The one I made seems so simple in comparison. You inspire me to learn new things. What a fun swap! Name:  image.jpeg
Views: 88
Size:  1.75 MB
    Hi Nonnie4,

I am so glad you like him. Most of it is sewn by hand except sewing the pumpkin together, that I do on the machine to give it strength. It is made from 100% wool. I have recently discovered wool appliqué and love working with it.... it is even hand dyed by me.... I really enjoy all the processes.

Hugs

Caroline
    Caroline

Hi Everyone,

A little late, but here is a picture of the beautiful pincushion I received from Michelle. Cathedral Windows is such a beautiful block and Michelle has done a wonderful interpretation of it. Michelle, thank you so much... I really do love it.

Name:  Sept 19 received from Michelle Quilts 1.jpg
Views: 72
Size:  1.03 MB

Hugs

Caroline
    Last edited by CarolinePaj; 10-22-2019 at 04:35 AM.
    Caroline

Caroline - What would I search for to find the wool? I can find wool felt squares. And would I search for wool applique patterns for a beginner pattern to try? Last one...what do you use for stuffing? It feels heavier than polyfill.

Well, I am getting a little worried. By process of elimination, I have m-fay but when I took the parcel to the post on Oct 8 the clerk didn't seem to know what to do. She made me change from my box to a cushion envelope and then back to my box and then did not know how to affix the customs sheet. M-fay - I hope your gift is not lost at sea.
    Last edited by Nonnie4; 10-22-2019 at 05:00 AM.

Nonnie it arrived today and I love it. It did get flatted in the post, but I will fluff it up again before taking a photo to post. It was so well packed it took me ages to get it cut open . And I love the dish cloth you knitted to and to know that you do them while travelling in your motor home. My DH and I loved life on the road too, especially taking the back roads. And the little duck.iwill treasure it always and I will take a pic of her with my other pewter treasures. Thank you so much love it all, photo tomorrow
    "Good friends are like quilts-they age with you, yet never lose their warmth."

Oh thank goodness! Whew! I was getting stressed. I was sure she had not known how to get it to you. I love that my little old duck has found a new home with friends :-). I love it when people add a little personal info in their profile. It makes adding something especially for them so much fun.

Name:  image.jpeg
Views: 68
Size:  992.2 KBName:  image.jpeg
Views: 68
Size:  976.6 KBName:  image.jpeg
Views: 69
Size:  1.12 MBThank you again Connie. Where I live we only have mail delivered 3 days a week. So delivery is always slow but it arrives eventually.
    "Good friends are like quilts-they age with you, yet never lose their warmth."

Blog Entries
    Nonnie4,

I purchase my wool felt from Colonial Crafts.

P.S. I worked at my local Post Office for 5 1/2 years. International is so detailed, it has many specific requirements. The clerk probably did not want to make an error.
    Last edited by Aurora; 10-23-2019 at 02:55 AM.
    Aurora

M-fay - My heart swelled when I saw little duck among his new family representing NC USA and our swap group. That makes me very happy.

Hi Guys,

Next swap is up!

https://www.quiltingboard.com/member...ml#post8319631

Hugs

Caroline
    Caroline

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2