Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: September fq (fat quarter) swap

I wouldn't mind swapping on the side w/somebody...PM me if interested.
    Teresa
    "I collect wind chimes."

I wrote her and offered to help with next months swap. I think she must be awfully busy. We all have days months like that come on guys your not going to play because she has gone missing a day or so? really? patience is ok and worst case scenario you wait. Its ok it won't kill any of you I know because I hate waiting and look! I am alive! lol I am sure we will hear from her soon.
    Linda
    Here today... why what a lucky bunch we are.

Quote Originally Posted by Elisabrat View Post
    I wrote her and offered to help with next months swap. I think she must be awfully busy. We all have days months like that come on guys your not going to play because she has gone missing a day or so? really? patience is ok and worst case scenario you wait. Its ok it won't kill any of you I know because I hate waiting and look! I am alive! lol I am sure we will hear from her soon.
    It's not that I'm not "going to play"....side swap means just that...a swap on the side....each month members do it...most months I side swap with others. I'm happy to wait for Brenda and am most sympathetic as to whatever has delayed her. I appreciate her so much. We meant no offense.
    Kathy

A mind is like a parachute...it works best when open....

[QUOTE=kathymarie;6300788]It's not that I'm not "going to play"....side swap means just that...a swap on the side....each month members do it...most months I side swap with others. I'm happy to wait for Brenda and and am most sympathetic as to whatever has delayed her. I appreciate her so much. We meant no offense.

I 2nd that.
    Teresa
    "I collect wind chimes."

I am so glad you guys are going to stay I run another swap and trust me its a lot of work. fun but work. When life happens to us at times its hard to explain.. delays sometimes are inevitable. There was a poster who put they had withdrawn from the swap hence my comment . I side swap all the time. Its just too fun not to.
    Linda

Blog Entries

Swap

I also am open to a side swap. I have to check first to make sure I bought enough to do another swap. I am doing both Halloween and mixed.
    Well I went downstairs to my sewing room and I only bought enough Halloween fabric to do one swap but plenty of purple, black and orange. sooo, I am able to do one side swap. Anyone interested? PM me!
    Phyllis
    sunrise450

I live close to fabric stores and if needed I can buy enough Halloween to do another side swap.
    Last edited by sunrise450; 09-18-2013 at 06:45 AM. Reason: decided to add more!
    Good Better Best, never let it rest till the good is better and the better best

Quote Originally Posted by Elisabrat View Post
    I am so glad you guys are going to stay I run another swap and trust me its a lot of work. fun but work. When life happens to us at times its hard to explain.. delays sometimes are inevitable. There was a poster who put they had withdrawn from the swap hence my comment . I side swap all the time. Its just too fun not to.
    Elisabrat, that "swapper" was me that said I withdrew from the swap. BUT, it had nothing to do with Brenda, I hope she is OK, but when someone mentioned a side swap, I said I wouldn't mind doing that. I can't seem to post anything anymore on the threads w/o someone coming back and having something to say about it. It was NOTHING against Brenda, it was just MY decision to do so. I really don't have to explain myself.
    Teresa
    "I collect wind chimes."

Senior Member Aprilisslowlylearnlytoquilt's Avatar
    I would never withdraw, Brenda will let us know what is going on.....

Well I did....have a nice day everybody.
    Teresa
    "I collect wind chimes."

Hope everyone stays and plays. Side swaps would be fun also. I personally only want the orginal swap this month. Brenda please be alright and let someone know how you are.Your in my prayers. Hugs Mary
    Mary

I got a side swap but am staying in to wait for Brenda also.

Blog Entries
    Hiya Brat, I asked Yo about a side swap because it was such a fast sign up this time I missed out, and so did she. I would never "abandon" "our" Brenda! Nor you with your swaps! So just remember you're stuck with me! Bwahahahaaaaa!!!
    Kif
    Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest~Mark Twain

Blog Entries
    MSCupid,
    I agree we all have our own decisions to make, I posted once about tossing scraps that I had tried to donate, give away, etc. I got ripped by some..and much support by others. Brat hosts swaps, and I know where she's coming from, too. I think we're all a great bunch of gals!!!
    Take care all,
    Kif
    Last edited by kiffie2413; 09-18-2013 at 11:29 AM.

Blog Entries

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by sunrise450 View Post
    I also am open to a side swap. I have to check first to make sure I bought enough to do another swap. I am doing both Halloween and mixed.
    Well I went downstairs to my sewing room and I only bought enough Halloween fabric to do one swap but plenty of purple, black and orange. sooo, I am able to do one side swap. Anyone interested? PM me!
    Phyllis
    sunrise450

I live close to fabric stores and if needed I can buy enough Halloween to do another side swap.
    Just went to fabric shop, got some really cute Halloween fabric. So what I am trying to say is that does anyone want to side swap with me! I can do two, one halloween and one purple/orange/black.
    I'm cutting and getting FQ's ready tonight, then I will be ready when Brenda sends us names and also if someone want to side swap.
    I hope Brenda is okay.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sunrise450 View Post
    Just went to fabric shop, got some really cute Halloween fabric. So what I am trying to say is that does anyone want to side swap with me! I can do two, one halloween and one purple/orange/black.
    I'm cutting and getting FQ's ready tonight, then I will be ready when Brenda sends us names and also if someone want to side swap.
    I hope Brenda is okay.
    I am always up for a side swap..if someone hasn't already taken you up, pm me.. My lil granddaughter calls my fabric room "Grammy's Fabric Shop"...out of the mouth of babes...lol
    K

Thanks Kif. I wasn't picking on anyone btw. Do what you want. I was just asking the group as a whole to consider giving Brenda a bit more time. I think if you post here you can expect opinions. We are a diverse group with different thoughts, opinions and ways of doing things. I know this. I just asked for time for Brenda period. She has run this swap I hear for three years or close to it. This is highly unusual. There surely is a reason and for that I myself will be patient. I can swap or not swap one month wont be the end of the world for me (lucky me!). So if I ruffled feathers it was not my intent and therefore I apologize for any hurt feelings in my post. That is the last word on this from me I hope it is from everyone else too. sheesh.
    Linda

oh no................................ I had death in the family and missed the sign up. Hope I don't miss next month.

Senior Member Aprilisslowlylearnlytoquilt's Avatar
    I agree, something has come up....soo I will wait and if we don't swap this month it's ok... we will swap next month, Brenda is wonderful and I so appreciate her, like I do all you great ladies who I have swapped with....

Blog Entries
    Has anyone heard from Brenda? Hope she is OK

Blog Entries
    abrat;6301871]Thanks Kif. I wasn't picking on anyone btw. Do what you want. I was just asking the group as a whole to consider giving Brenda a bit more time. I think if you post here you can expect opinions. We are a diverse group with different thoughts, opinions and ways of doing things. I know this. I just asked for time for Brenda period. She has run this swap I hear for three years or close to it. This is highly unusual. There surely is a reason and for that I myself will be patient. I can swap or not swap one month wont be the end of the world for me (lucky me!). So if I ruffled feathers it was not my intent and therefore I apologize for any hurt feelings in my post. That is the last word on this from me I hope it is from everyone else too. sheesh.[/QUOTE]

No explanation needed for me, Brat... I can only imagine how it is hosting a swap for a bunch of mostly gals...Yikes!!
    Please don't harrass me anyone for stating the obvious..sometimes when you get a whole group of us ladies together it can be um, well, fun..yep, that's the word I am looking for, fun... And, agreed, we are all going to have opinions..we all know the saying about THAT..
    Last words from me on this, too...or is it famous last words??..

Now Brenda, if you have run off to a lush wonderful paradise just pm one of us so we will know you're OK, okay??..And we really won't think and say bad things about you lounging and taking it easy... I really hope you ARE on a vacay somewhere and all is OK!

Blog Entries
    Tubsfam,
    Sorry for you loss...
    Kif

Blog Entries
    Tubsfam, Sorry to hear of your loss.

Ok, SO SORRY>>>have not had computer due to virus (computer, not me)...can't use computer at work for this kind of thing because I work for a school district and would be in HUGE trouble...I will be getting names out to you all today...however, this will be my last month hostessing..it's a lot of work and too much aggravation if things are even a day late getting out... please let me know if you would like to take over the swap and I will let you know how to work things the easiest way....apologies again for the delay
    Brenda

Blog Entries
    So much for vacationing in paradise..
    Brenda, I will so miss you being our leader, that being said, as I told Brat I can only imagine the amount of work that goes into being a Swap Hostess..and for years every month, well... I can only imagine.. That's one reason when I chimed in this month that I was in for 2, then noticed it was after the cut off I messaged you "Oops, sorry, don't add to your load with trying to mix me in, and I would get back in next time."...I can only imagine the work it takes...
    I respect your decision, and I know you deserve a much needed break...I say break as maybe you will take one and decide you may want to hostess again...You have been a terrific hostess!
    Regards (and a lil sad),
    Kif
    PS I am happy it was a "sick" computer and not a sick you or a loved one!
    Last edited by kiffie2413; 09-19-2013 at 10:36 AM.

Blog Entries
    pm'd you. You rock girl. Good luck with whatever endevor you choose. I can't thank you enough for being our "hostess with the mostest."

Ellie (sewellie)

Quote Originally Posted by brenda21 View Post
    Ok, SO SORRY>>>have not had computer due to virus (computer, not me)...can't use computer at work for this kind of thing because I work for a school district and would be in HUGE trouble...I will be getting names out to you all today...however, this will be my last month hostessing..it's a lot of work and too much aggravation if things are even a day late getting out... please let me know if you would like to take over the swap and I will let you know how to work things the easiest way....apologies again for the delay
    sewellie

It takes real skill to choke on air, fall upstairs and trip over completely nothing .... I have that skill!!!

My plate may be full, but my cup runneth over with blessings.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast