Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
SEPTEMBER Pincushion & Needlecase Swap - signup closes August 31 >

SEPTEMBER Pincushion & Needlecase Swap - signup closes August 31

SEPTEMBER Pincushion & Needlecase Swap - signup closes August 31

Old 09-19-2014, 02:07 PM

Starla, I really like the flower basket pincushion you go from Jan. It is so different and pretty! I also love those fabric boxes that can be used as a thread catcher. Great job, Jan!
Old 09-19-2014, 05:14 PM
Power Poster

Love the pin cush and tissue holder swap Pat. Pretty fabrics.Susan I'm still waiting for my needlebook too.
Old 09-19-2014, 05:30 PM
Power Poster

Mary we both must have something very special coming.
Old 09-19-2014, 06:32 PM
Power Poster

cute little basket there and goodies.

Talked with my son, his Dr. thinks he has Stiff Man Syndrome. Just read a bit about it.
does anyone know anyone with it and the prognosis? It's a rare disease. Dr. has only
seen 2 cases in his life. I'm scared for him.

Came home from the movies and Zoey was on the computer. It's easy for her to type, you know not having an opposable thumb and all that. Turns out Toonsis, remember him from Saturday NIght Live fame??? Well, it seems that in his old age, he opened a driving school. Zoey found out about it and now wants lessons. Over my dead body I told her, so now she's sulking. I told her, let the guys drive or fly you around. She wants independence. I told her to get a job if she wants independence. Would you let your kitty or puppy drive around at night??? I don't think so. oh Zoey
Old 09-19-2014, 07:44 PM

I am patiently awaiting to hear my exchanges were received I hope they get there tomorrow. Chewing my nails in anticipation and hoping that they will like them. Normally I am so patient but not this pm So Lynnie prayers for a successful surgery, Very cute floral pin cushion basket. I am doing the mystery train also but don't know which fabrics should be what, any suggestions?
Attached Thumbnails train-ride-7-fabrics.jpg  
Old 09-20-2014, 05:13 AM

I didn't send the package to Likethedog. Jan sent it. I'm waiting for a pc so you girls are not alone. Lynnie I had never heard of that and I hope your son is ok. It's supposed to be 80 here today. No likey. I hope everyone has a great day
Old 09-20-2014, 06:31 AM

I just got information that all pc's and nc's have been mailed. Everyone should be getting theirs in a few days. So, I will be posting signups for the October swap on Wednesday, Sept. 24. The theme will be Halloween and/or Fall. I've also decided to extend the Fall theme through November. You can have a choice of that or Thanksgiving. Think Pilgrims, Indians, Turkeys, Corn, etc.
Old 09-20-2014, 07:07 AM
Power Poster

Elayne (roserips) sent me the prettiest needlebook.. even has a seam ripper and a pretty beaded pin in it.Also a very cute mouse he's so cute. In the pictures the fabric with the oriental food on it is what she sent also. I love it all Elayne !!! Thanks so much. Well worth the wait. The beading is gorgeous. I tried to take a close-up so you all can see it. I think I will make a bun warmer out of the fabric for when I make crab rangoons.Yummy. I need to P.M. Karen now so she will know I received it and mark it off her list. Elayne, Lynnie and I are both on the train ride . I love your fabrics. I think Judy may say the stripe won't work. Like everyone else I don't know what the pattern is to tell you for sure. It's pretty so I hope you can use it. Thanks again. Hugs Mary
Attached Thumbnails dsc02777.jpg   dsc02779.jpg   dsc02778.jpg  
Old 09-20-2014, 08:40 AM

Mary, I absolutely love the beaded needlebook that you received from Elayne. What a cute little purple mouse and where in the world did she find the oriental fabric. It's great!
Old 09-20-2014, 08:44 AM
Power Poster

Elayne, i can't help.I switched my fabs so many times. Just got the clues
and now if i cut according to her requirements, i'll have a dark red next to a medium red. I'm so confused. what to do.
I'm so glad that this swap is so easy to figure out. Got next month ready to ship. and the month after. have a great Saturday everyone it's about 70* now and sunny.