Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • September Secret Pal Sign Up Closed >
  • September Secret Pal Sign Up Closed

• September Secret Pal Sign Up Closed

Old 09-12-2011, 08:44 AM

I for one am not going to be eating any chocolate airwick156 sends to me unti lI see swapfox post on thread that he is alive and well lol! Here is something I started but had to set aside until I am better and my mind is clear, well as clear as it used to be any way!
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-255422.jpe   attachment-255423.jpe  
    Old 09-12-2011, 08:46 AM

ok mailed my packages out sat and my spers will recive them by next sat, here are my Hints MO GA 12 15 and they both have 1 or more cats. thats all for now.
    Old 09-12-2011, 08:54 AM

Originally Posted by IrelandDragonQuilting
    Originally Posted by soniboo
    Today I hit a estate quilt and scored two very old quilts, and lots of wooden and OLD spools of thread, I thought if I knew my sp liked this type of thing I would include them in the package. So perhaps next month I will get one who likes the older items and I can so set them up! ;)
    Oh my goodness, what wonderful finds! I'm not as generous as you 'cause if I scored that I wouldn't be sending it to my swap partner. I'd be sweet talking the quilts and the spools would be in a jar...okay, I could share some spools. Now I feel selfish, sigh. But not so much that I'd pass my treasures on lol.
    LOL, no don't feel selfish at all! I have a huge glass jar filled with wooden spools and that is plenty for me, I have to be honest these quilts are incredibly well worn the one is very very comfy feeling, I might just find myself being attached to it. I will have to think about the quilt but I definitely will share my wooden spools and other antiqueish sewing notions that I have come up on. I just don't want to send something to someone who would not want them, they can pay them forward but would hate to ever know if they were just thrown away when there is always someone who would want them... OK enough rambling!! :mrgreen:
    Wendy, If you get me for your SP I definitely would want the old spools and antiqueish sewing notions. I recently got a project sheet at Joann's To make a wreath to hang on the wall using spools of thread and a measuring tape and other things. I really want to make one for my wall and maybe for a future SP so that they can have one too.
    Old 09-12-2011, 08:56 AM

Originally Posted by Krystyna
    Wish I knew you gals liked wooden spools. Just tossed a pile. I have tons of vintage thread on them, so I'll start saving again.

Just tried to help a friend tonight with her Yamata piece of junk sewing machine that someone gave her. Told her to throw it out. I then gave her my Tailor (Singer made in Poland for school use) but I couldn't figure out the tension. Told her to take it to the nice ladies at Joann tomorrow. And ... happily the decluttering continues! Couldn't get her to take the table. I'm down to five machines. Now to get rid of the treadle.

Krystyna If you have an embroidery machine that needs a good home I will happily adopt it.
    Old 09-12-2011, 08:57 AM

Trying to figure out how to fit a treadle into a squishie for next month.
    It will just have to be a firmmie. And I'll be happy to adopt it too...lol
    Old 09-12-2011, 09:00 AM

Originally Posted by candi
    Originally Posted by mscupid804
    What's up with people getting 2 and 3 SP's??? :| Is this the work of Lori's drugs??
    Some of use sign up for more than one SP. This is the first month I did it, I just asked Lori for two SPs, and sent out two packages this month. I am doing this to do siki a favor, because she really really want to get my name...so I am trying to increase her chances, aren't I nice? :mrgreen:
    Candi you are always looking for everyone else. Your just to good for us. Maybe next month you can do 3 and increase her chances and mine too...lol
    Old 09-12-2011, 09:13 AM

Originally Posted by Patty Patches
    Got to run friends,we;re doing the fireworks at tonights 911 rememberance.WE REMEMBER!!!!
    Thanks for remembering. We saw the towers fall from across the bay. I remember frantically looking for my sister and nephew that horrible day. She was on her way to her secondary office in the WTC, heard a horrible noise and dove under a pizza counter then caught the last subway out. Her entire department was killed. My nephew ran a green market stand at the base of the WTC. He forgot something at his stand in Soho and left to get it. Both were saved by the Grace of God. We remember and pray for those who were lost that day and for those who suffer now from breathing in that dust.
    I also was someone who was grateful for fate intervening on that day. My brother and his childhood best friend were coming back from Amsterdam and agreed to be bumped for a later flight which saved their lives as their connecting flight was flight 93 had they took the original flight. My thoughts and prayers go out to everyone affected by the tragedy of 911.
    Old 09-12-2011, 09:14 AM
    Swap Hosts

Well, no hints for me, so I guess my big surprise is that I have NO SP! Very amusing. Ho ho ho. Goodbye.
    Old 09-12-2011, 09:14 AM

Originally Posted by arizonagirl
    Originally Posted by soniboo
    Today I hit a estate quilt and scored two very old quilts, and lots of wooden and OLD spools of thread, I thought if I knew my sp liked this type of thing I would include them in the package. So perhaps next month I will get one who likes the older items and I can so set them up! ;)
    Oh my goodness, what wonderful finds! I'm not as generous as you 'cause if I scored that I wouldn't be sending it to my swap partner. I'd be sweet talking the quilts and the spools would be in a jar...okay, I could share some spools. Now I feel selfish, sigh. But not so much that I'd pass my treasures on lol.
    LOL, no don't feel selfish at all! I have a huge glass jar filled with wooden spools and that is plenty for me, I have to be honest these quilts are incredibly well worn the one is very very comfy feeling, I might just find myself being attached to it. I will have to think about the quilt but I definitely will share my wooden spools and other antiqueish sewing notions that I have come up on. I just don't want to send something to someone who would not want them, they can pay them forward but would hate to ever know if they were just thrown away when there is always someone who would want them... OK enough rambling!! :mrgreen:
    Wendy, If you get me for your SP I definitely would want the old spools and antiqueish sewing notions. I recently got a project sheet at Joann's To make a wreath to hang on the wall using spools of thread and a measuring tape and other things. I really want to make one for my wall and maybe for a future SP so that they can have one too.
    Me too. That project sheet sounds awesome. I will have to see if I can find one. Sounds like it would look great hanging above my grandmothers treadle.
    Old 09-12-2011, 09:17 AM

OK, I have put down the names who have expressed they would like to receive the old spools and other older notions, which is awesome, cause I do have plenty I think to go around. So if I get one of these names for my SP, well guess what they are getting?! :D