Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • September Secret Pal Sign Up Closed >
  • September Secret Pal Sign Up Closed

• September Secret Pal Sign Up Closed

Old 08-29-2011, 02:36 PM

Originally Posted by Lori Peercy
    I have another suggestion for new and old swapper alike. I have been guilty of not posting feedback since I took over the swap and now that I am feeling more confident and comfortable managing the swap I pledge to start putting feedback on accounts of the wonderful swappers here! Here is how it is done.

Since so many folks go to such wonderful lengths to put together such great firmies and squishies, it's always nice to use the feedback system to tell them and all other so!

Here are the directions on how to do it!

This is a great suggestion! I never think of it. Maybe you could remind us as we start posting packages so we don't forget.
    To access user's feedback listing, click on her profile and follow the "list" link next to the "feedback/rating" label. You can check feedback left for you by clicking on "My Profile" link.

To submit new feedback for a user, click the "Leave feedback for this user" link on the feedback listing page.

Swapping feedback

If you participate in swaps then please leave feedback for your trading partners. This would allow each user to build up "trading history" so that others know it's safe to trade with her, and that she mailed everything on time.

You can also leave feedback for swap coordinators to express your overall experience with how the swap was managed.

We also encourage swap coordinators to leave feedback for their swap participants. (Hence the pledge to do better by all of you!)
    Old 08-29-2011, 03:09 PM

I started to leave feedback for August but have to do each one individual so I am sorry but will start with Sept as It will be easier on me to do a few at a time instead of trying to play catchup at this late date for 175 and then do Sept also.
    Old 08-29-2011, 06:44 PM

I started to leave feedback for August but have to do each one individual so I am sorry but will start with Sept as It will be easier on me to do a few at a time instead of trying to play catchup at this late date for 175 and then do Sept also.
    Wonderful idea Lori. :) Maybe you should add this to the "updated rules". :)
    Old 08-29-2011, 06:45 PM

Originally Posted by Cheri_J
    Now that I'm not a SP newbie...I'm more excited than nervous! I'm going to the State Fair tomorrow to see what little things I can find for September's SP! I wish I could somehow send a pork chop on a stick, but it just won't work. I wonder how long chocolate covered bacon lasts....
    EEEWWW CHOCOLATE COVERED BACON....that definately turns my stomach. But thats because I do not like chocolate. :)
    Old 08-29-2011, 06:53 PM

I wanted to show you the quilt for my sister's baby. We don't know if its a boy or a girl, but my sister and her husband ever since they started dating between her and her husband, they have a bad team rivarly in football, carried over into his family and its already being passed on to the baby. She is a Big Oregon Duck fan and he is a Big Washington Huskies Fan.

Jeanette tells Levi: Our baby is NOT wearing Washington Huskie stuff. Then he tells her: Well then our baby is not wearing Oregon Duck stuff.

So my mom and I put together this team rivarly quilt to give her as a shower gift at her baby shower, made up of fabric from both of their teams.

Jeanette's groomsmen cake was a house divided: Oregon Ducks one side and Washington Huskies on the other. Now we have Baby Divided.

Back
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]248823[/ATTACH]

Front
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]248824[/ATTACH]
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-248817.jpe   attachment-248818.jpe  
    Old 08-29-2011, 07:42 PM

Cute, cute, cute!
    Old 08-29-2011, 10:12 PM

Juli that quilt is stunning.
    Old 08-29-2011, 11:08 PM

Thanks, we had a lot of fun putting it together.
    Old 08-30-2011, 07:00 AM

you cannot regulate everything and still call it fun. leaving feedback is a courtesy and should not become a requirement. not all feedback may be positive and would do nothing to enhance a swapper's profile.

for those who do not follow through on their swapping commitments, i think the hosts should leave feedback regarding this. there are some repeat offenders who participate in other swaps exhibiting the same behavior and i think it should be noted on their account.

Originally Posted by Airwick156
    Old 08-30-2011, 08:07 AM

I agree and it will NOT be a requirement. I will however be putting in feed back both good and bad starting with Sept . It will be noted if mailed late or not at all. And of noted if mailed in a timely manner. By all means leave feedback if you want to, but only requirements are that you thank sender and let me know you received packages. I don't want to make this hard just fun!

Originally Posted by Havplenty
    you cannot regulate everything and still call it fun. leaving feedback is a courtesy and should not become a requirement. not all feedback may be positive and would do nothing to enhance a swapper's profile.

for those who do not follow through on their swapping commitments, i think the hosts should leave feedback regarding this. there are some repeat offenders who participate in other swaps exhibiting the same behavior and i think it should be noted on their account.

Originally Posted by Airwick156