Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
September Secret Pal Sign Up Closed >

September Secret Pal Sign Up Closed

September Secret Pal Sign Up Closed

Old 09-21-2011, 05:45 PM

Originally Posted by lawsonmugs
Originally Posted by MDMPanther
Hello my fellow swappers. Here I am...I know I look like I'm about 16, but I am sitting comfortably...okay maybe not so comfortably in my mid-40s.
Wow you look great. mid forty's isn't that old but still you look way younger. Good for you Mary
Arizonagirl, Krystyna and Mary...I always say to my folks...."You should see my parents!! Funny thing is...all of a sudden I can't see a darn thing :shock: ...so about a year ago I discovered "readers" and have 4 pair and can barely keep track of one of them!! :lol:
Old 09-21-2011, 06:16 PM

Originally Posted by fayzer
Originally Posted by Crafty Darlene
Love seeing everyones pictures, so I thought I would be brave and show you mine. This is me and my DH at the beach.
Gonna have to change your name to pretty Darlene. Found a great, fab, fabric store in P'Cola. You may have been there. If not, lets plan a trip.
Hey Faye and thanks! Are you talking about A&E Pharmacy? I've been there 1 time but would love to go again! Give me a call and we can go!
Old 09-21-2011, 06:25 PM

This is about the only picture I have of me, since I'm the camera bug in the family. I probably have a bajillion of my son LOL. This was taken on a shop hop last month. Left to right is Marlys, peachrose, bigsister63 and me.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-260369.jpe  
Old 09-21-2011, 06:29 PM

I love being able to put faces to names. My avatar is pretty small so here's a couple of larger ones.

#1 - Ready for Captain's dinner on Germany Christmas Cruise - 2009 = Age 59
#2 - My DGK's, my Mom (age 83), and me (now age 60) posing for a Christmas gift for my daughter

Unfortunately, I'm deathly allergic to hair dye - hence the grey hair per doctors orders. Oh well!!!!

I expect to be able to post SP photos soon since my SP sent my package today. Yippee.

Dec, 2009
[ATTACH=CONFIG]260423[/ATTACH]

One year later - Dec, 2010 - 3 of the 4 generations
[ATTACH=CONFIG]260425[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-260370.jpe   attachment-260372.jpe  
Old 09-21-2011, 06:52 PM

Originally Posted by Havplenty
all www.whittlesfabrics.com is still having their grab bag fat quarter sale at 10 mystery fat quarters for $5.00. see below:

"We also have the Mystery Fat Quarter Bags - 10 Fat Quarters for $5.00 (limit of 3 fat quarter mystery bundles per order). It is the item with the big blue question mark.

That is right. Only 50 cents a fat quarter. But it will be a surprise what you get. Great for those fat quarter giveaways at your guilds and clubs, or just to add to your stash."

once on the site, click online catalog, in the search bar type in fat quarters, then click on the blue question mark. the order limit is 3. happy shopping.

here's a link to their online store

http://www.whittlesfabrics.com/
Thanks for the tip. I have placed an order for 2 bundles. Can't wait to see what I get. Very reminiscent of my childhood boxtop orders. Yes, that IS dating me. But I'm drinking Coco Vino (chocolate wine) and I'm feeling quite happy and carefree, so the fabric could be ugly and right now I wouldn't care. SharonAnne
Old 09-21-2011, 07:27 PM

Glad to see that so many of us are being brave and posting pictures of ourselves! Aren't we a good looking group???
Old 09-21-2011, 07:34 PM

I have already received my wonderful package but made extra lasagna and garlic bread so will bring over to the bench for anyone interested!
Old 09-21-2011, 07:47 PM

Originally Posted by Lori Peercy
I have already received my wonderful package but made extra lasagna and garlic bread so will bring over to the bench for anyone interested!
I think some of us hanging out on the bench are enjoying the company and food and waiting patiently for the October sign-up.
Old 09-21-2011, 08:15 PM

Originally Posted by Havplenty
all www.whittlesfabrics.com is still having their grab bag fat quarter sale at 10 mystery fat quarters for $5.00. see below:

"We also have the Mystery Fat Quarter Bags - 10 Fat Quarters for $5.00 (limit of 3 fat quarter mystery bundles per order). It is the item with the big blue question mark.

That is right. Only 50 cents a fat quarter. But it will be a surprise what you get. Great for those fat quarter giveaways at your guilds and clubs, or just to add to your stash."

once on the site, click online catalog, in the search bar type in fat quarters, then click on the blue question mark. the order limit is 3. happy shopping.

here's a link to their online store

http://www.whittlesfabrics.com/

thanks for the tip...i went to the website and ordered three sets!!!!!
Old 09-21-2011, 08:32 PM

Wahooo. I got my package today from LLWinston44. Its awesome. I'm so happy with everything. It all came in a wonderful chocolate tin box which will come in handy. My favorite thing is the pincushion/thread catcher. Kim (yes we are both Kims :thumbup: ) did such a beautiful job on it and love the fabrics its made out of. She sais she hasn't been sewing/quilting long but you sure can't tell by the great job she did on it. Love everything. Thank you so much Kim. Off to read the magazines. :thumbup:
Attached Thumbnails attachment-260405.jpe   attachment-260406.jpe   attachment-260407.jpe