Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
September Secret Pal Sign Up Closed >

September Secret Pal Sign Up Closed

September Secret Pal Sign Up Closed

Old 09-22-2011, 07:06 PM

Originally Posted by arizonagirl
I thought that I would share this site with everyone. If you like collecting miniature sewing machines this is the place to go to:

http://quiltingbargains.com/daintydarlings.html
Thank you !! Just love them !!!
Old 09-22-2011, 07:13 PM

I'm signing up!!
Old 09-22-2011, 07:19 PM

WHOOO HOOO October sign up! yes yes YES! I am soo there
!
Old 09-22-2011, 07:39 PM

Shane had to be taken to the hospital tonight. His father( who is a absolute moron-----he's the missing link) started his smoker to smoke his fish and just walked away and left it unattended with all the kids around and Shane walked up and put his hand on the burner. He has a 2nd degree burn on his hand. The Doctors popped the blisters at the hospital and Shane felt the pain. Which is good, it means there is no damage to the nerve. Jenny has to take him to the burn center now on Monday to have his hand evaluated some more. Jenny has to try and keep it as dry as possible until then.

Scott told Jenny that this was all her fault. He is such a creep. He is the one who started it, left it unattended while there were children around, and this is what happened........but its not at all his fault that it happened!!
Old 09-22-2011, 08:01 PM

What no more hints??

fine I will give mine. I sent my package this week. It is going to a "girl". I once drove 4 days to get to her state, just so we could go on a family trip to DisneyLAND. I drove there with 3 kids... Drove home with four (don't drink the water!)LOL My pal had a desire to raid my stash, I obligied and send two coordinates. They package feels light and I really wanted to put more in it, but didn't know what. I am hoping youll get it no later than Monday!
Old 09-22-2011, 08:01 PM

Originally Posted by lawsonmugs
I have never seen a window decal for quilting. Wonder who sells them?????? I love all the pictures of everyone.One of my grand-daughters once told me I was more comfortablefor taking a nap with than her mommy.(That's cause I'm fluffy not thin like mommy.)Really some great swaps again. Mary
Hi,

My LQS has a lot of window decals, such as "I Love Quilting", etc. I would have bought one for my SP and for me, but they were $10 each - a little steep for the swap limit. I'll be happy to pick you up one if you like. Just send PM.

SharonAnne
Old 09-22-2011, 08:02 PM

Juli sorry to hear about Shane! Hope it turns out OK for him!
Old 09-22-2011, 08:07 PM

Originally Posted by Krystyna
Originally Posted by Crafty Darlene
Originally Posted by lawsonmugs
Originally Posted by Crafty Darlene
Great pkgs again today everyone!

Hey Krystyna love your little chick! If you can't find a use for her send her my way and she can play with my real ones! LOL I have got to try and make me one, if it's not too hard.

Mary, our chickens started laying last Friday! So excited!! Fresh eggs! Our Gkids are just besides themselves. They think that they are all their pets anyway!
Darlene my hens are my pets. Even my cows are named and are my pets. I have 15 hens and 1 rooster so I haven't named them.You should get a egg every other day from each hen.Sometimes they lay almost everyday and sometimes it's less than every other day. That's just a rule of thumb.Eggs are $2 a dozen here.And the jumbo are $2.38 a dozen.Mine are jumbo size. I get about 7 eggs a day.Mostly brown eggs.I sell my eggs for $1 a doz. and make enough to pay for their feed and I get all the fresh eggs I can use.They do slow down production when it gets real cold or real hot.Good luck with your and enjoy the pretty fresh eggs.Mary
Hey Mary, Glad to know we are not the only ones. When we go in their pen they hop on our shoulders and they enjoy being picked up. My Gkids have special ones which they have named and my oldest DGD(9) hen has started to lay. She's just as proud as if it was her baby! LOL! Right now we're getting about 6 a day and we have 19 hens. I'm sure that not all of them are laying yet. Thanks for all the info!
When I was a girl one of my jobs was feeding the chickens. I hated it. They'd flap around and peck at my little legs and feathers were everywhere.
We had chickens when I was a girl, too. I wasn't overly fond of the aroma, or the mess to walk in, or plucking pin feathers after they were dunked in boiling water (yes, we ate them, too). My dad hatched chicks in the kitchen in an electric frying pan. Now THAT was interesting. My mom was not a very happy camper with some of dad's antics.
Old 09-22-2011, 08:09 PM

Originally Posted by quiltnut4ever
Since most of us are posting pics of ourselves I'd thought I'd share one taken just last night. My son finally came home and my daughter and I were there to greet him! He looks so handsome in that uniform. He's engaged now and in three weeks he'll be married! I'm on the left, my son of course in the middle and my daughter on the right!
Great photo of a very happy looking family. Congratulations to your son - I'm sure you are making them a quilt for a shower or wedding gift, right?
Old 09-22-2011, 08:11 PM

We have 16 people signed up for October now and I want to stresss again please read all the sign up sheet as there are alot of changes that have been put into place. Also if you want more than 1 secret pal you have to tell me that each month, thanks Lori