Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 10 of 41 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 20 ... LastLast

Thread: September Secret Pal Sign up closes 8-31 4pm CST

Blog Entries
    Hey! You pickin on me? I hope so, I love to be included! LOL
    I did take 2 this month. If you add their zips together it totals 66,398. I hope that hint doesn't give it away. LOL They both own a sewing machine and they both like to make quilts. Hummmmmm chocolate covered jawbreakers.
    Onalee Rose
    "There comes a time in your life, when you walk away from all the drama and people who create it. You surround yourself with people who make you laugh. Forget the bad, and focus on the good. Love the people who treat you right, pray for the ones who don't. Life is too short to be anything but happy. Falling down is a part of life, getting back up is living."

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Krystyna View Post
    I went shopping yesterday for my SP. She likes scissors. She didn't say as much, but I'm thinking she likes to use them to cut fabric.

I use them for cutting dog hair.
    Everything important in my life, like naps, I learned from my dog.
    http://foldedspindledquilted.blogspot.com/

Blog Entries
    A hint or two for my SP.

She has no pets. I figure she has UFO's that make up for them.

She also likes a certain type of fabric line, which I'll see if I can find at my LQS.
    Everything important in my life, like naps, I learned from my dog.
    http://foldedspindledquilted.blogspot.com/

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by reeskylr View Post
    A hint or two for my SP.

She has no pets. I figure she has UFO's that make up for them.

She also likes a certain type of fabric line, which I'll see if I can find at my LQS.
    Oh! It's Buslady!
    Krystyna
    Feel the fear and do it anyway!

I also took 2 SPs this month and hopefully I can get them into the mail tomorrow.
    Clues for my SPs. Both of you have dogs and love to read.

SP #1- your zip code adds up to 26, your town has had 3 different names, and there was a major fire in the early 1900s that destroyed almost all of the town. I have seen you post on here alot.

SP #2- your zip code adds up to 22, your town was named after the founders, the mill in your town supplied meal and flour to the Confederate States Army. I don't think I have seen you post on here.
    I collect Seraphim Angels

Just thought this would bring a smile to some of you...Name:  295259_10151039672571641_54749686_n.jpg
Views: 197
Size:  26.4 KB

Sp hint....your favorite color ...is the color I just painted my livingroom & it looks beautiful!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mscupid804 View Post
    OFF TOPIC: I am looking for the following quilt pattern. I find pics of the quilt all over the web but no instructions and nowhere to get the instructions. If anyone knows, please PM me. Also, I know it's an ez pattern but I'm not good at just looking at a pattern and developing one myself, that's why I need help please! Thx in advance!
    Attachment 359852
    Looks like some HST in the corners and then strips around a center square... put on point and then 2 rectangles, and a square with strips between them... Doesn't look too hard. Graph it graph paper is your friend!
    I'm so tired of being tired.
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Beeboop71 View Post
    Was able to pick up a few goodies for my SP yesterday, boy was that fun!!! She is a much more experienced quilter than I am and from the sounds of what she is working on I can only hope to get to be as good as her one day. I will be leaving on my roadtrip Thursday night and my kids start school tomorrow so no real time to make anything until I return on Wednesday. I will find a way to have my package ready to go by the deadline so my SP doesn't have to wait too long.
    This could be me. I listed a couple of projects that can be a little difficult. I like the challenge. A few more clues would be nice.

A couple of clues for my sp. She has a pet, she reads, doesn't drink tea or coffee.

Are they both Buslady? She will be so excited!
    Tell me it isn't so, K. I know for a fact grammyj has ME since I am wayyyyyy west (or it could be Hawaii, I suppose).. Never mind!!!
    "Sew Happy" Sharon

Quote Originally Posted by TOOMANYUFO'S View Post
    A couple of clues for my sp. She has a pet, she reads, doesn't drink tea or coffee.
    Well darn...that leaves me out...I love coffee & tea

Quote Originally Posted by TOOMANYUFO'S View Post
    That eliminates me. I don't have any pets anymore and I love coffee.
    Bernice
    City girl with a country heart!

Power Poster
    Mailed my package today. This is second time I have had this SP. Hope she likes her package.

Catching up here and past my imposed bedtime again. So far none of the zip clues are mine, I'm west of you Cheryl so I can scratch you off as my sp, I'm west of grammyj but not waaayyy west. scratch. However my sp is west of me-a good bit. I love all the colors so I don't usually list a favorite. I love surprises-but doesn't everyone in this swap? So that one could be me unless she listed the zip total-if so it couldn't be me (see above)

Are they both Buslady? She will be so excited!
    Wouldn't that be a hoot if someone signed up for 2 and another person signed up for 2 and one of them got the other one's name twice ~say if Lori drew names from the bowl or hat or popcorn bag, and she left it as it was. LOLOLOL, hahahalol.

Krystyna i bet you have Scissors Queen. Nice job on the send off QAYG sorry I couldn't manage a square for this one, but I'll owe you one in the future.
    Last edited by starshine; 09-04-2012 at 08:16 PM.

Blog Entries
    Well I like Pink and I like Chocolate, I wonder how pink chocolate would taste???
    Quote Originally Posted by brenda21 View Post
    Another hint-both of my pals like pink and chocolate-the candy, not the color
    Give a smile away today, someone you meet might need one!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by buslady View Post
    Hey! You pickin on me? I hope so, I love to be included! LOL
    I did take 2 this month. If you add their zips together it totals 66,398. I hope that hint doesn't give it away. LOL They both own a sewing machine and they both like to make quilts. Hummmmmm chocolate covered jawbreakers.
    Ha ha... now that is a funny clue... Are you sure, really really sure she has a sewing machine!... the statistics are pretty much against me since my zip is more than both of those combined! I am sad~

Blog Entries
    I am sending out 2 SP boxes this month... I feel like sending out pink chocolate! I always worry about sending chocolate because what if it melts, it is so hard to get it out of the baggie if it melts. I guess you could put the baggie in the freezer and get every last drop that way!

I am going to be Visiting in the same State as one of the recipients of one of my SP package??? I would love to go to the other State also but I am waiting for an invitation!

I think maybe they both garden, not sure but I am hoping so. I have some really cool gardening stuff I want to add to the package.

Today was a shopping trip for my quilting buddies and I, we had so much fun. I love going into the city to buy fabric, we always look to see if we can see a movie star. But very few of them hang out in fabric stores. But I did see a limo on the freeway today, we tried to guess who was in it. (The fun things to do while stuck in Southern California traffic jam)

Ok I am going to bed now, this night owl has had a long day~

sweet dreams~

Quote Originally Posted by marytoddliz View Post
    I am sending out 2 SP boxes this month... I feel like sending out pink chocolate! I always worry about sending chocolate because what if it melts, it is so hard to get it out of the baggie if it melts. I guess you could put the baggie in the freezer and get every last drop that way!

I am going to be Visiting in the same State as one of the recipients of one of my SP package??? I would love to go to the other State also but I am waiting for an invitation!

I think maybe they both garden, not sure but I am hoping so. I have some really cool gardening stuff I want to add to the package.

Today was a shopping trip for my quilting buddies and I, we had so much fun. I love going into the city to buy fabric, we always look to see if we can see a movie star. But very few of them hang out in fabric stores. But I did see a limo on the freeway today, we tried to guess who was in it. (The fun things to do while stuck in Southern California traffic jam)

Ok I am going to bed now, this night owl has had a long day~

sweet dreams~

I know that you will be visiting the Seattle area soon, will you be able to get out and visit some quilt stores? My dogs ate all my plants that I started so I gave up on gardening. I can let you know the most interesting stores to visit
    Melinda
    Let us help a local QB member Elisabrat even a dollar can add up

http://www.youcaring.com/medical-fun...kidney-/144120

Quote Originally Posted by marytoddliz View Post
    Well I like Pink and I like Chocolate, I wonder how pink chocolate would taste???
    Delicious! Usually it's raspberry flavoured
    Lang may yer lum reek. (I'm a knitter - hence - 'Knit-ette'. Confuses a lot of people!)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by susansomethings View Post
    Just thought this would bring a smile to some of you...Name:  295259_10151039672571641_54749686_n.jpg
Views: 197
Size:  26.4 KB
    How did you copy my machine's manual? Hilarious!
    Krystyna
    Feel the fear and do it anyway!

...........and they're off!

Before I go any further, I'd just like to say - Kystyna, neither of them are for you.............

My first SP has two furbabies and two SPs. She wants patterns for something I just made last week (pity - no pictures up). Something she collects is winging it's way to her............ She's a cheery person who doesn't post a lot...........

My next SP is a cat lover, has a new furbaby and still has time to cook! Doesn't like the same fabrics as me - too bad I didn't mention what they were in my profile............ Bit of a sweet tooth........... Doesn't post a lot, but I know she'll be reading this......
    Lang may yer lum reek. (I'm a knitter - hence - 'Knit-ette'. Confuses a lot of people!)

Hmmm I have an SP who doesn't want candy?!?!? She lives west of me, unless you want to go the long way and then she lives east of me. I want to hand deliver her squishy because she lives in a place I have always wanted to visit. Do you suppose my new boss would mind if I took some time off?
    Join the JUNE Pincushion & Needlecase swap:http://www.quiltingboard.com/member-...t-t247379.html

One of the advantages of being disorderly is that one is constantly making exciting discoveries A. A. Milne

Packages being sent out already...WoW some of you ladies put me to shame! I haven't even collected my thoughts for one yet. Another hint for my pal....She has been sewing for a long time. How many of you does this include? Have a seamless day ladies

Page 10 of 41 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 20 ... LastLast