Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
September Secret Pal Sign up closes 8-31 4pm CST >

September Secret Pal Sign up closes 8-31 4pm CST

September Secret Pal Sign up closes 8-31 4pm CST

Old 09-14-2012, 06:44 PM

It is a little zipper bag with a removable wrist strap, see I told you it took multiple pics!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]362790[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails 100_2736.jpg  
Old 09-14-2012, 06:45 PM

It is a little wristlet.. I didn't make that, it was from our drawer o' goodies that we pick up random stuff from the clearance aisles of places we shop
Old 09-14-2012, 07:02 PM

Originally Posted by Nexxus831 View Post
Yeah that they do Ana....my daughter opened all my envelopes again today but at least this time she did it in front of me. I thought it was funny she got poked the other day. I don't mind if she opens them when I am there but told her it was illegal for her to do it when I wasn't around. I think she thought I was joking but I will have my dad tell her it is the truth (he is retired postal worker)

No wonder you know all the laws. Remind me not to make fun of the USPS snail mail. I have to say that I was not very happy and used a major portion of my lunch hour at work today waiting in line to mail my SP's package. One of the 2 gals did not know what she was doing and it took her forever to wait on one customer. I was 5 back and wanted to suggest one line for those that were ready and another for those that still needed to start from scratch and pack their parcels when they got to the counter. OK, I've vented and I feel much better.
Old 09-14-2012, 07:28 PM

I hate that... But.. I can attest, your secret pal will love your box. I loved mine and I'm using parts of that fabric you sent me in this peacock applique I'm making for my boomerang swap
Old 09-14-2012, 07:30 PM

LOL, I love the box you packaged up for your partner, how cool! And I truly love your gnomes, they are adorable. Do you use a pattern to make them or are they your creation? I would love to try making some. We have a Gnome village in the yard, I think they would love to have some dolls to play with!

I got my DQ in the mail today so it was a good day at the PO. I hate the empty box, I love it filled with Squishes
Old 09-14-2012, 07:35 PM

I followed this http://weefolkart.com/?q=node/187 but I used clay because I didn't have the pegs they suggest and so they came out a little bigger than the dimensions so I had to just very slightly enlarge the clothing.
Old 09-14-2012, 07:43 PM
Power Poster

Teresa, what a great quilt and good luck with your last 5 treatments. Prayers.
Old 09-14-2012, 08:21 PM

Originally Posted by SharonAnne View Post
No wonder you know all the laws. Remind me not to make fun of the USPS snail mail. I have to say that I was not very happy and used a major portion of my lunch hour at work today waiting in line to mail my SP's package. One of the 2 gals did not know what she was doing and it took her forever to wait on one customer. I was 5 back and wanted to suggest one line for those that were ready and another for those that still needed to start from scratch and pack their parcels when they got to the counter. OK, I've vented and I feel much better.

oh it is always that way at the post office anymore. I complain about it all the time and I make it well known to them if it wasn't for helping contribute money to my fathers retirement I would use another service. I have no patience for ummmmmm whats a nice word....never mind you can imagine what I am thinking. I am glad you feel better, vent anytime.
Old 09-14-2012, 08:23 PM

Some cute little things we found at officemax the other day.. 2/$1 Going into the drawer o' goodies for a future swap
[ATTACH=CONFIG]362796[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails img_20120912_232739.jpg  
Old 09-14-2012, 09:07 PM

Teresa - Your quilt is beautiful and to all who contributed, I can tell it was made with a lot of love and affection.

Anastasia - OK, Ms. Bouncy - You are too cute, and being well into my 6th decade of living, I could easily and happily adopt you too. My son will be 39 the day after Christmas (and he just bought his first house last weekend - he's so excited). My daughter will be 38 in January (sadly her news last weekend for me was not good like her brother's - it seems she found out she has Lyme Disease, and she appears to be about a year into it). I wanted a 3rd child, but it did not work out, so I'm available to be an adoptive parent. Can't wait to see your peacock applique. Love your gnomies. And I should check out Office Max, although once I enter, my wallet will weigh much less when I emerge. Do you make jewelry, etc out of that new bakeable clay? I'd like to try doing that.

Melinda - Keep supporting your dad's retirement. Much as I complain, I have looked forward to receiving mail since before I could even spell it. I lived in NY and my grandparents spent winters in FL. I loved getting postcards and letters from them. My postcard collection is almost 60 years old and still growing.

Krystyna & Brenda - Please don't eat the daisy(ies). I was speaking about "animal = food" being a decadent item and was my first word as a baby - no kidding - I said cookie before I said mommy. My package is winging its way to the east coast as I type. I hope it doesn't get wet in Henry's long body of water.

I am disappointed, as all week long I anticipated going to the fairgrounds in Pleasanton, CA to a Quilt and Craft Fair tomorrow. Alas and alack, it's NEXT weekend - I read the ticket so long ago and I was positive I remembered correctly, but I guess my memory is not what it used to be. So I'll go to JoAnn's and use my 20% off entire purchase instead. Then the rest of the weekend will be spent paying attention to DH so he won't be upset about next weekend when I ditch him for a day.

Good night everyone.