Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
September Secret Pal Sign up closes 8-31 4pm CST >

September Secret Pal Sign up closes 8-31 4pm CST

September Secret Pal Sign up closes 8-31 4pm CST

Old 09-18-2012, 05:29 AM

I just had to share this bit of sewing advice from the Singer Company. I'm sure everyone on here follows it strictly - especially Krystyna. (sorry - had to pick on someone!!!)
Attached Thumbnails 1949-sewing-advice-singer.jpg  
Old 09-18-2012, 05:34 AM

I try to go by the profile, and although I can't find everything on the person's list I at least try to get 3 or 4 of them, especially if I know they want homemade things, I try hard to keep a supply of those on hand, when I am making something like that I make 2 or 3... in different colors and hope the person likes one of the colors... Books, and magazines are great if sending a box or the padded envelope and FQ's can be laid flat to make more room... All kinds of tricks... to packaging things up... and getting some of the ask for items in there... Hugs Rosemary
Old 09-18-2012, 05:35 AM
Swap Hosts

Originally Posted by SharonAnne View Post
I just had to share this bit of sewing advice from the Singer Company. I'm sure everyone on here follows it strictly - especially Krystyna. (sorry - had to pick on someone!!!)
I assure you I always sew mentally prepared, wearing my powder and lipstick -- not to mention nylons and heels -- and usually with dinner already cooking -- including fresh baked bread and a cake! Don't you?
Old 09-18-2012, 07:14 AM

Love it Sharon! Wish that even some of that was true at my house!

I try to buy the colors that my sp lists and try to find if they have something special that they collect. Then I will put stuff that I keep on hand and if there is a holiday try to find something that fits that. I also try to make a little something, I haven't been sewing as long as most of you but I will make something easy. On that note ... my sp should have received her pkg but haven't heard from her yet but I'm sure I will.

Off Topic: Have to share with you my friends! My DH and I have a adorable new Grandson he was born on Saturday in Ohio! Can't wait to see him in person and of course hold and kiss him! My DILs mother is there for 2 wks so my DH and I will go sometime after that. DH has a deadline that is due on the 8th so we can't leave until after that! So very Thankful!
Old 09-18-2012, 07:32 AM

Originally Posted by Krystyna View Post
I assure you I always sew mentally prepared, wearing my powder and lipstick -- not to mention nylons and heels -- and usually with dinner already cooking -- including fresh baked bread and a cake! Don't you?
Absolutely. But do you have his slippers warmed and Martini ready?
Old 09-18-2012, 07:40 AM

Busy at work but I have to send a quick THANK YOU to SharonAnne for such a wonderful package. Which by the way I successfully guessed she was my SP. I had a day off from work yesterday although it felt like more work running around doing errands and came home to find a fantastic surprise hanging from my mailbox!!! It really made my day and I absolutely love everything she sent. I also enjoyed reading her letter which made me smile even more! So thank you SharonAnne. I wasn't able to post a picture of ALL my goodies but will do so when I get home sometime tonight.

I want to add special prayers for everyone on the board. May God bless everyone of you and your families! We all need it even if things seem to be going well. I was extremely moved by the thoughtfullness of the quilt made for Teresa! What a beautiful thing to do! Have a blessed day!
Old 09-18-2012, 07:45 AM

Oh boy I almost forgot! SP you don't know who you are but I want to send a heartfelt apology to you for being so late in sending your package to you. I ordered something for you and it is taking much longer than I anticipated but I checked the shipping on it and it should be here either today or tommorrow. It is something you really want so I hope you will forgive me and will feel the wait was well worth it. I will be including a bunch of other goodies I hope you will like so I promise you should have your package by the end of this week. Just know it will come 007 (hint hint)
Old 09-18-2012, 08:06 AM

Originally Posted by Vanogay View Post
What a wonderful way to start the day - open the front door to get the paper and there's a big box sitting there waiting to be brought in. It was one of my packages and was from GrammyJ. Sent her a PM, but what to thank her again. The box was absolutely overflowing with wonderful things. I told her (from my profile listing) I liked holidays - she sent holiday fabrics. I told her I liked purple, she sent purple fabrics (1/2 yards, mind you!). I told her I collected elephants - she sent one. Look at the pictures and you'll see practically everything that was on my list. What a wonderful box! Yah, yah, Mine's better than yours.......

LOVE LOVE LOVE the stilletto and matching scissor fob!!!!!
Old 09-18-2012, 08:16 AM
Swap Hosts

Darlene, congratulations! A new baby is such a blessing and joy. Be sure to post photos when you can so we can all oooo and ahhhhh over the wee one!
Old 09-18-2012, 08:29 AM

Another hint for my SP, they live in the 10th largest city in the US. I will post another hint tomorrow.

Off Topic: I had exciting news yesterday. I had sent in a quilt to be approved by Quilts for Kids to start a Chapter for the State of Indiana. So now it is for me to get off and running and hope I find volunteers, and donations of fabric, thread, etc. Exciting, but scary at the same time. I just wanted to share with all of you the news.