Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
September Secret Pal Sign up closes 8-31 4pm CST >

September Secret Pal Sign up closes 8-31 4pm CST

September Secret Pal Sign up closes 8-31 4pm CST

Old 09-17-2012, 05:44 PM

Originally Posted by LAQUITA View Post
Just wondering, how many of you actually try and send things off the SS questionaire ? Or do you just send what ever you have on hand with out trying to send according to her likes / dislikes?

I usually try to send things my SP mentions on their questionnaire except in the case when I've had the same person again with hardly a change in their answers on their questionnaire. Then it gets a bit difficult to remember what you sent before OR finding different items while satisfying their answers on the questionnaire.
Old 09-17-2012, 06:15 PM

I received a lovely package from Celia Brown, she made me the nicest needle holder and a little container for wipes. (Going to come in very handy with the grand babies). She also send me a CD with some embroidery Girls for my embroidery machine and a pin cushion that my daughter didn't get in the photo. She is a wonderful SP, thank you again Celia.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]363733[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails dscn0248.jpg  
Old 09-17-2012, 06:24 PM

Laquita - I'm so sorry about your DD. I had no idea she had such severe and painful medical issues. And, if I'm not mistaken, weren't you also facing surgery yourself? I thought you mentioned a qualifying event last month. Will you also be a patient soon? In any case, you both have many people sending thoughts and prayers.

I also try to fulfill as many profile items as possible when I send SP packages. For some people who have given much valuable and fun information, I wish I could send one of each thing they mentioned. It is fun to try to fill their "Christmas" lists. I feel like Santa!! The problem with customizing so much is that it takes time, and often I run out of time and need to ship by the deadline, ready or not. Still, I usually have much of what is wanted in my stash just waiting to go to a home that will love it. (At least I hope the majority of it is usable and liked). And if I send duplicates of what they have, I would hope they would pass it along to someone else and not just put it in a drawer and forget about it. I have no problem with re-gifting- I think it is the wise thing to do. Maybe not the handmade special things, but other things like tape measures or the like.

OK, I'm off to crochet. Looking forward to October already and I don't even have my Sept package yet. This is the first time since I have rejoined that I did not receive early. Later delivery kind of builds the anticipation for me, actually.
Old 09-17-2012, 06:28 PM

PS I use my RAK list and have modified it to write down what I sent and to whom and what month. That way, if I get the person again, I won't duplicate there, either. But that's a new thing for me. I did not do this when I first got involved in the SP Swap.
Old 09-17-2012, 06:38 PM

I received a delightful pkg from AdellaH. She made me a beautiful Fall tablerunner,a notebook/pen case, and a really cute "spider" pincushion. Also got fabrics, Christmas panel, wooden spools, scissors,etc. A fun package indeed ! Sara (saraaev)
Old 09-17-2012, 06:50 PM

Laquita, your daughter Shea and your family are in my prayers. I know the next week or so will be tough. Please keep us posted. Hugs, Faye
Old 09-17-2012, 06:53 PM

Dear LaQuita, Please know that your DD and your family are in my prayers.
Old 09-17-2012, 06:54 PM

[QUOTE=SharonAnne;5522403]Laquita - I'm so sorry about your DD. I had no idea she had such severe and painful medical issues. And, if I'm not mistaken, weren't you also facing surgery yourself? I thought you mentioned a qualifying event last month. Will you also be a patient soon? In any case, you both have many people sending thoughts and prayers.

Sharon ANne,
Thank you so much for your prayers & thoughts for our DD and myself. You are right, I was 'to have' gastric sleeve surgery. And I did, on August 16th. One month ago, I've lost 22 pounds so far! I feel great too. This surgery for Shea was not exactly what we had planned, The extensiveness of it nor the recovery time. Just a mis- communication on the nurses part. Now my husband is having knee surgery on the 22nd. He has a torn meniscus and severe arthritis. The Lord has blessed me with the ability and desire to be a caregiver to those I love. I am thankful that I AM the one able to do this, as my family has been so generous and loving towards me during my recoveries.
Thanks again for your input.
Old 09-17-2012, 07:25 PM

Originally Posted by CherylW View Post
I am ready to add another hint - She is a long time quilter, like vibrant colors (so do I) and wants a surprise.

I just ordered her something that I think will make her chuckle! Can't wait to get it and send my package off.

I also have a 2nd SP who lives very far away from me over water, likes batiks and bolds. Right up my alley!

Well that is it for the night. Back to work tomorrow after having 5 days off. Sigh!! Have a great day everyone.
Cheryl..................you did make me chuckle and then some.........Thank you..............tomorrow I will write a much longer post.............telling everyone what you sent me...........bed time is calling me.........
Old 09-17-2012, 07:41 PM

My package went out today, sorry SP but I ordered your item on your wish list and it arrived late afternoon Saturday. I think you might be happy with the delay though. A hint for my SP is your zip adds to 21 and you live way West of me. I will post another hint tomorrow.