Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6 15 16 17 LastLast

Thread: September Secret Pal Swap Closes August 31st 4pm

Power Poster
    Quiltymom prayers for your son and family.

This is my wonderful package from Belfrybat. It arrived last week, but this month has been eventful, to say the least!

In this picture you can see the beautiful floral bag she made me, leaflets about the wild flowers of Texas and a fabulous stiletto - so pretty.

Name:  IMG_0874.JPG
Views: 125
Size:  1.47 MB

In this one is the rest of my amazing haul - Kaufman Hanky Panky fabric I asked for (with the fabric I got sent from Gaijin I think I now have enough to make the quilt - yay!). I also got two other pretty fabrics and some cream I wanted. On top of that, a McKenna Ryan pattern I asked for - very difficult, if not impossible to find here . There's a wonderful appliqué pattern book, Sewline pen set, notelets and something which really tickled me.............. Texan Santa fabric! I laughed when I saw the armadillo . The last time i was in Houston I brought back an armadillo in a cowboy boot (ornament), lol.

Name:  IMG_0881.JPG
Views: 119
Size:  1.57 MB

I forgot to photograph the purple 'Cutter Cubby' for holding your cutter and/or pencils. It was a marvellous and generous parcel Belfrybat. Thank you so much.
    Lang may yer lum reek. (I'm a knitter - hence - 'Knit-ette'. Confuses a lot of people!)

Happy you liked everything, hope all is well with you

Quote Originally Posted by Airwick156 View Post
    Thank you Wanda Lou for the lovely package. I will use everything. She put all of this stuff in a little plastic photo case..sewing machine needles, mini note tablet, 2 little spools of thread with matching bobbins, matching seam ripper, threader, thimble, 2 fat quarters and a package of moda 2 1/2 inch squares. And a nice note. Thank you wanda lou. I will use everything and the little container will hold a couple of quilt blocks scissors thread everything Ill need to work on them and will fut in my purse. Thank you.
    Never look down on anyone, unless you are helping them up.

Blog Entries
    Well I am also the happy SP of Wanda Lou! Just look!!!

Name:  sept sp 078.jpg
Views: 109
Size:  216.0 KB

If you look really close, you will see teeny blackbirds in the trees on the fabric!

Name:  sept sp 081.jpg
Views: 111
Size:  204.6 KB

An adorable pincushion... a golf tee with matching thread in my favorite colors

Name:  sept sp 082.jpg
Views: 113
Size:  86.2 KB

Some adult beverage accessories...VBG....a Mary Englebright note pad....wait there's more!

Name:  sept sp 083.jpg
Views: 105
Size:  88.1 KB

Glue stick, bobbins, binder clips, shout pad and the cutest little wooden clothes pin. I don't know if you can see it in the picture, but Wanda tied a bow on the black basket. It has given me ideas to decorate those baskets ( I have a ton of them) so you can look for some in future packages!!!

Wanda thank you so much. I loved everything!
    Darlene
    Blessed Be
    Darlene

Knitette -- glad you liked your goodies. It was a pleasure hunting them down for you.
    Err - just one question, was there only one Texas Santa strip or three? If only one, I'll hunt for the others and send them as I had planned on sending three in case you wanted them for borders or binding.
    Last edited by Belfrybat; 09-22-2013 at 11:32 AM.

Blog Entries
    Evening all...sorry I disappeared again...once again life gets in the way...but I got a good thing out of the deal...my grandson Bryce was born on September 6th! He was born 82 years after my father was born! How cool is that. Love this little guy already! This is my Beautiful daughter and my Grandson!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by SEGASAL; 09-22-2013 at 02:58 PM. Reason: Pic did not up load

Congrats SEGASAL! Here's my 1st grandson who was born Aug 4th. He's 7 wks now.
    Name:  1235447_10102218408838382_1041500126_n.jpg
Views: 116
Size:  51.4 KB
    Teresa
    "I collect wind chimes."

Cute babies! Congrats grandmas!
    Grandma of 5 beautiful grand kids, 4 crazy cats & 1 dog!

Secret pal I have not forgotten to send u a thank you. I ended up having to work a crazy schedule do to some one getting hurt on the job yesterday was a !5 he shift today it's going on a 12 he and I'll still be here about 4 to 7 hours depending on the rest of our kitchen crew! I keep thinking about it but I can't get the pms to send on my phone!

Beautiful baby
    GOD Bless you and family
    Ellen

Blog Entries
    Airwick156, thank you for the package I received this past week. It was very nice and I especially loved the red and white fabric and the scissor fob.
    Boom 12 - Short & Sweet

here is my great package i received. she even got my most wanted item thing one and thing 2 fabric!!Name:  1379922204278.jpg
Views: 125
Size:  1.11 MB

congratulations to the new Grammies!!! They r both adorable! Wonderful pkgs coming in!! Lots of ideas I have for the oct. Swap

Congrats segasal!
    Brenda

Power Poster
    Congrats Segasa and mscupid804 on the beautiful grand babies.

Quote Originally Posted by Grandma Peg View Post
    Congrats Segasa and mscupid804 on the beautiful grand babies.
    Thank you Sewnsewer2, quiltnut4ever & Grandma Peg!
    Teresa
    "I collect wind chimes."

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mscupid804 View Post
    Did you keep resizing until they would post? Are you still seeing the "tree icon?" The icon gives me the same option to upload from my pc or a URL....does it you? Nothing has changed that I know of, did you get a new pc or something?
    I use paint to resize down to 25% and it has always worked before. I still get the tree icon, I have option to browse computer or URL.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JuanitaBean View Post
    I received my package today from Lori Peercy. I got all kinds of goodies. Here is a picture of them. I got Fabric , almond joys, taffy, Sean ripper, Patterns, tape measure. looking forward to using seam ripper to see how it works .Thank you Lori
    Juanita I didn't send to you this month, I sent to you last month. reginalovesfabric was your sp this month.

Miss Lori, Miss Lori????? How much longer till we get to sign ups???? huh????
    Brenda

I received my SP package from reginalovesfabric last week ( but I put the wrong name. I put Lori ) Thank you reginalovesfabric, love it all. I 've been wanting to try a seam-fix seam ripper for a long time.

My oct. Sp will receive amino seam-fix ripper I got today. Can't wait for the sign ups!!!

Blog Entries
    Congrats to the two Grandma's I have a great-grandson due any day now... My youngest Grandchild is 21...LOL So looking forward to more great grand's Have 3 and the one on his way... Quiltnut4never guess we can always use one more seam ripper....Good idea that one in particular.. Gail is home from the hospital and still on the mend, serious surgery, but she is coming along...
    Rosemary

Hearing happens when the ears and the brain team up, but listening happens with the ears of the heart.

I collect Angels and homemade ornaments

TY Rosemary, and I can't wait to see a pic of your great grandson!
    Teresa
    "I collect wind chimes."

Blog Entries
    October signup is now up. Have 2 Dr. appts. today so fit it in early. I had to drop 979 keystrokes to make it fit ( another Quilting Board change.) In all the time I have posted the swap have never had to change it, other than the dates and then sometimes I didn't change all of them lol.

Super Member Nancy in Louisiana's Avatar
    I came home yesterday to find a fantastic package waiting for me to open from Knitette. I was so excited to see all the goodies. Best of all was her letter describing Aberdeen and all the interesting facts. She included two half-yard cuts of beautiful floral fabric (I know how precious that was to her) and a wonderful piece of cloth with Scottish themes. I have a friend from Scotland and will be making potholders for her and me with that piece -- too special to cut up and want to highlite each and every picture! She sent some shortbread cookies and a special "biscuit", all of which arrived in one piece. My husband, who has Scot lineage a couple generations back and has learning to play the bagpipes on his "bucket list", just loved the letter and the travel brochures. The thread and tweezers found an immediate home in my sewing basket. She also made a really cute owl hotpad, which I really love; and she included the pattern!!! Also note the little bag of safety pin markers. You have no idea how much I needed them. Paper stickers just don't stick. Great idea. Thank you again for a very special treat.

Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6 15 16 17 LastLast