Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
September Secret Pal Swap Closes August 31st 4pm >

September Secret Pal Swap Closes August 31st 4pm

September Secret Pal Swap Closes August 31st 4pm

Old 09-09-2013, 06:42 PM

Hi All-
I was determined I was going to sew for my secret pals this weekend. I got the pattern out, and that is as far as I got. I just have no energy. One of my beloved high school teachers passed away at only 65 of a massive stroke after surgery. Sunday night was the wake, they quit counting people when they hit 1000. The church was packed this morning with my former teachers, classmates, and music sorority sisters. I never knew it took so much energy to hold oneself together until this past year. I have no blood family nearby except my immediate family, so as a child I made one for myself - a grandma (my next door neighbor), 2 aunts (my other next door neighbor on the other side, and my elementary school music teacher), and a few "other mothers", my best friend's mom and my high school advisor's wife, who is the teacher who passed this week. In the last ten months, I have buried three of my chosen family - my grandma, an aunt, and an other mother, and broken up with the best friend, and her mom ignores my existence. Emotionally, I am a mess. I know I need to take time to heal, and I need to MAKE myself take care of me, because I am no good to anyone else otherwise. Time to clean house both emotionally and physically. I just wanted to let you all know how much you ladies have come to mean to me the last few months, even though I have yet to meet most of you in person. Having a board full of people who listen and care about one another is such a gift. Thank you.
Old 09-09-2013, 07:11 PM

I received my SP pkg today from Verna from Tennessee.. Lots of goodies, love the fabrics, everything 'right up my alley'..lol There isn't one item in there I won't use. The little 'apron' is a cake tester (toothpicks) holder. Cute. I even found a couple patterns in the magazine that I want to make. Thanks a bunch..

Jean
[ATTACH=CONFIG]435081[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails sp-gifts-verna-greene-9-13.jpg  

Last edited by Oksewnsew; 09-09-2013 at 07:13 PM. Reason: Add something
Old 09-10-2013, 03:21 AM

So sorry quiltingdragon. We all have losses in our lives. Sorry you are going through so much. You are fortunate you were able to choose "family members". Makes them that much more special. Please take care of yourself. You have to have the sorrow before you have the joy. Sounds like a lot of joy will be coming your way because you are having so much sorrow.
Old 09-10-2013, 05:04 AM

Originally Posted by Oksewnsew View Post
I received my SP pkg today from Verna from Tennessee.. Lots of goodies, love the fabrics, everything 'right up my alley'..lol There isn't one item in there I won't use. The little 'apron' is a cake tester (toothpicks) holder. Cute. I even found a couple patterns in the magazine that I want to make. Thanks a bunch..

Jean
[ATTACH=CONFIG]435081[/ATTACH]
So glad you like everything, I can't take credit for the homemade things. I got them in one of my packages and don't remember who sent it to me. I had it all explained in the card that was suppose to go into your package but it wasn't put in. Missed up my Rotater Cuff and not able to do any sewing.
Old 09-10-2013, 07:10 AM
Power Poster

Quiltingdragon, so sorry for your loss(s). Prayers and hugs! Take care of yourself.
Old 09-10-2013, 07:29 AM

So sorry for you losses quiltingdragon will keep you in my prayers. Be sure to take good care of yourself!
Old 09-10-2013, 09:26 AM

So very, very sorry quiltingdragon
Old 09-10-2013, 10:52 AM

SP just checked package and it says it should be delivered tomorrow so be on the lookout.
Old 09-10-2013, 11:41 AM

Okay so here are some hints SP of who you might be. You have fur babies, you like chocolate, I found the pattern book you wanted the most and you collect the thing I love the most!! You also live south of me, hehe I live in North Dakota, not too many people live north of me! And last, but not least, you have helped me in the past with one of my other SP's when I couldn't find something!!
Old 09-10-2013, 11:43 AM

quiltingdragon, you are in my prayers and my heart hurts for what you are going through. Be strong and wrap yourself in the love of those who are near to you. Remember the good times and know they will come again.