Siggy Swap for 2011

Old 04-21-2011, 09:27 PM

Hello everyone! Everyone, please be patient! I beg of you!!
As you all can see, excluding myself, there are 3 people whom I have sent multiple pm's to please send me your blocks and they have not responded as of yet.
There was 1 person who wanted to sign up but at that time the swap was closed but now she is part of our group. she wwas fast and took only 3 days for her blocks to come to me. Thank you.
I haven't got my name filled in as of yet, due to I'm waiting to see if I have to make more blocks than my own 56, but don't worry, I will have mine done before rehensburger gets here tomorrow night to help me swap them out.
Since this is my 1st swap and as you can see, I'm running into alittle trouble getting all of our 56 blocks together.
I'm not sure how im going to do this, but I'm going to post on main for 3 people who may want to help out asap to make them and send them to me poste haste.
So, I beg for your patience. I will do everything in my power and borrow some from admin and moderators on how to handle this situation.
Thank you for understanding. I'm sorry, I feel really bad that people did not follow thru with their committment and you may end up with getting a couple more of your own back.
Old 04-21-2011, 09:56 PM

Okay, I just posted this on the main, if someone doesn't move it. Here is what I wrote. I'm letting you all know this as you all are a part of the siggy swap.

Due to not responding, I am asking 3 people if they want to join up in this siggy swap. Its easy, all you need to make are 56 blocks that are 6 1/2" x 6 1/2" unfinished with your real name, your user name, your state, country, name of swap and year written on the middle block.
If you are interested in helping me out with this, please go to that swap and check it out and let me know if you want to be a siggy angel to the rest of us!
If you have any questions, please don't hesitate on asking by pm'ing me.

Thanks, Chris turtlerouge.
Attached Files
File Type: zip
Attachment-187399.zip (54.6 KB, 2 views)
Old 04-21-2011, 10:03 PM

No,we can't wait, neither can I~! I want to see how this will play out. Patience is a virture, okay, I have little patience and looks like the virtue is going to fly the coop soon. LOL LOLL
Old 04-21-2011, 11:29 PM

Turtlerouge....first off....you do NOT need to apologize since you have done NOTHING wrong. Second, it will all be fine. You have done such a great job with the swap and the fact that you agreed to do it is SO appreciated. Now...on to the missing blocks:

1. I guess you have PMed them and are not getting a response. If that is the case, you need to feel ok about moving on without them. I know I had one person in the swap I host not answer my PMs and I also noted that she hadn't been posting as normal so figured that something came up. Sure enough she had been VERY ill so it was fine that we had gone on. She actually ended up sending her partners their magnets anyway poor thing.
2. It won't help for you to do more than 56 blocks because that will just mean that we'll end up with duplicates of yours. But....if we are only missing 3 and you can't get them replaced, maybe we could just all make 3 blocks and have friends from quilting classes, family or even friends from the board here who didn't get to participate in this swap to sign them.....or have a middle block or something.
3. Again, it will be all be fine. I can not imagine that anyone on here is totally caught up with all their WIPs and sitting around waiting for this. I know I am SO far behind it's not even funny!
Thanks again for everything you are doing!!!
Gail "Qbee"

Originally Posted by turtlerouge
Hello everyone! Everyone, please be patient! I beg of you!!
As you all can see, excluding myself, there are 3 people whom I have sent multiple pm's to please send me your blocks and they have not responded as of yet.
There was 1 person who wanted to sign up but at that time the swap was closed but now she is part of our group. she wwas fast and took only 3 days for her blocks to come to me. Thank you.
I haven't got my name filled in as of yet, due to I'm waiting to see if I have to make more blocks than my own 56, but don't worry, I will have mine done before rehensburger gets here tomorrow night to help me swap them out.
Since this is my 1st swap and as you can see, I'm running into alittle trouble getting all of our 56 blocks together.
I'm not sure how im going to do this, but I'm going to post on main for 3 people who may want to help out asap to make them and send them to me poste haste.
So, I beg for your patience. I will do everything in my power and borrow some from admin and moderators on how to handle this situation.
Thank you for understanding. I'm sorry, I feel really bad that people did not follow thru with their committment and you may end up with getting a couple more of your own back.
Old 04-22-2011, 12:51 AM

Well said Qbee. Turtle you are the hostess not their mommy.
Thanks again for all you are doing.
Old 04-22-2011, 02:29 AM

Turtlerouge,

I am not concerned. I only worried about getting mine in on time. I know I will get mine in return but the timeframe isn't an issue. It always gives me something to look forward to.
Old 04-22-2011, 06:52 AM

Dear Turtle,
You have been so kind and we see you are patient. Personally, I don't mind getting 3 extra of my blocks back. There are things I can do with the two parts of each block to use in something else. If you don't get a total of 56, I for one, don't care. Please let us know what we can do to help you out. You have run a wonderful swap.
Old 04-22-2011, 07:03 AM

I agree with the above Turtle. You have been very patient and have done everything possible. If some ppl do not turn in it is not your fault and no one will blame you. Remember there's one in every bunch and the bigger the bunch the more there will be!
Old 04-22-2011, 07:39 AM
Power Poster

Turtle- Don't sweat it - we are an understanding bunch here :thumbup: Life happens - and don't make anymore then your 56 it would all work out the same like someone else said- only we would have 3 of yours - by the way I was looking at the list and you have 57 people signed up :wink: If we get ours back we can use them as labels on other quilts :thumbup:
Old 04-22-2011, 08:00 AM

OH WOW, you ladies have brought tears to my eyes. Its hard to read and type with tears in my eyes, so please bear with me.
Yes, I have left each of those 3 people over 5 pm's and no responses from any of them.
Thank you all for being gracious in showing your support of my hostessing this swap. Up until yesterday, it was good hosting it. But, it has not deterred me away from hosting another swap or more. As I mentioned earlier, some of you know that I'm planning on hosting another siggy swap around July or maybe closer to the holiday season, any suggestions as to when would be nice. Also, if anyone has any suggestions as to what kind of siggy block to do next time would be wonderful to me. Thanks!
All of you who sent in their 56 blocks are expecting 56 blocks back. I'm not sure how this will play out, it will be interesting to see how it will.
Hey most of you don't know this, but if you do have to make extra blocks, I have an idea. Would all of you mind making 1 block for a MIA quilter and a good friend of mine. She is listed on the activity list under Quiltjax.
She lives in Bangor, North Wales. She left the 2nd week of Feb to visit her daughter and dgd in Australia. right after she arrived, Australia had that country wide flooding. I talked to her on facebook before she left and I noticed her last posting was March 3rd and then nothing. No messages, no pm's, nothing. It never occurred to me to put the 2 pieces together, her and the flood until last night someone suggested of perhaps she has gone on home to be with the Lord. That floored me, it totally shocked me. I never thought of that.
With all that said, if you are going to be adding names to those "missing" blocks, PLEASE, please put QuiltyJax's name and info on one of those blocks.
She was suppose to participate in this swap...
Here is her info as much as I know:

Ueser name: Quiltyjax
Other info: Siggy swap, 2011

Davidwent, one of the swappers for the siggy swap sent his to me 2 weeks ago and somehow they never came back to me. I pm'd him this morning if he can send me his white block with his info on it, i can cut out the other 2 blocks and sew them up for him.
Im suppose to mail them by the 1st, and if all goes as planned on my part at least, I will have them still mailed to you by the 1st, as planned.
Oh by the way, when the swap reg. was closed, a wonderful lady wanted to join up even as an alternative, I guess God does know what He's doing, I invited her to take Quiltyjax's place, since Quiltyjax is MIA in Au.
Again, thank you ladies for your wonderful understanding and making that extra block for Quiltyjax.