Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Sign Up for April 2013 Doll Quilt Swap Spring Has Sprung Closes March 31st Noon EST

Super Member Nancy in Louisiana's Avatar
    [QUOTE=Elisabrat;6006078]Nancy in Louisiana is in Texas with her new grandbabies (twins I believe)
    ----------------------------------------------------

Not twins, just totally inexperienced parents who are getting a crash course on the care and feeding of infants. But no worries -- there are "apps" out there for just about everything they need to know or chart, from keeping track of the first labor pain all the way thru medication, breastfeeding, pumping, burping, diaper volumes, etc. How did we manage back in the stone age? Going home this weekend, I hope.

By the way, I received a baeautiful little quilt from LJDugas. I will post pics when I get home to my real computer (this one is a wanna-be, I'm afraid). Hers was sent out on its way yesterday.

Blog Entries
    No TATS on this old body...needles are not my thing for sure! Be well everyone. So sad about Boston...love the place and hate the terrible thing that happened there. I think we should all lobby for stiffer penalties and demand that justice be carried out immediately after sentencing!
    "You must do the thing you think you cannot do"....E. Roosevelt

Sharon
    Yorkville, IL

Luvstoquilt, that's the way that justice is carried out in many other countries. A trial, you're found guilty and taken out and shot. No twenty appeals and no room and board for the next 40 years on the taxpayers dime. Guess I'm getting cynical in my old age.
    Kathleen

Live today as if it may be your last, for who knows...

Blog Entries
    Going to be MIA until Sunday ... my son is getting married this Saturday and there is so much to do!
    Krystyna
    Feel the fear and do it anyway!

I got my top done!! Quilting it is now in process I'll take it to Quilt Group on next Tuesday and then it will be on it's way to it's new home!! So excited!

I pray for whoever done this awful thing in Boston, I pray they get right with Jesus and turn from their wicked ways!!!! Hell is very hot and very real!

I'm praying for the families I can't imagine the pain and sorrow they are in!!

Krystyna, I wish you a special wedding and lots of love and joy for all of you. I am excited to see some pics so take a thousand maybe a new album in the making! what a grand idea. we can all check it out, like going to a virtual wedding. save some cake.
    Linda
    Here today... why what a lucky bunch we are.

Quote Originally Posted by Elisabrat View Post
    and no tatoos for me either my nephew is a tatoo artist. he does amazing tatoos. he says Auntie Linda! I will give you any tatoo you want for free. I want .. nothing but thank you. come on Auntie Linda just one? my son gets them and I want to choke my nephew. NO MORE. it better stay under a shirt level kid or your in big time trouble.. no one listens to this old chicken. here is a pic of the last tatoo he did its lovely croak be thankful your daughter in law doesnt have these. I had to actually write him and say wow those are ..colorful! always try to be nice right?
    Attachment 408233Attachment 408234Attachment 408235

Hmmm nice tatoos. I really like the dragon and how it fits on the lady's back. He did a great job! I am jealous. He will give you a free tatoo? I want a nephew like that. No tatoo yet but I am pretty sure I will get one and maybe soon. I would like a string of swimming turtles on my right foot and up my leg with tropical flowers. I am not sure if I want color or just plain blue or black. I just need to find the right person and some money. My DH does not like it and I feel kind of bad about that. I wished he would get a tatoo with me. For some reason that seems romantic to me.
    Anna Quilts

Quote Originally Posted by Krystyna View Post
    Going to be MIA until Sunday ... my son is getting married this Saturday and there is so much to do!
    Best wishes krystyna!! Post pics!!!!

Cool Update

My brother in law sufferd a massive heart attck april 7. He received a stent and then experienced arithmias and other medical problems. He was resuscitate 11 times between April 7 and 8. (no typo 11 times) He was then sedated intubated and put on continuous dialysis due to complications. April 12 he was taken off sedation and he took 5 days to wake up. He recognized us all. He can not move, is still on dialysis and might loose some toes but it is a miracle. We were told that medically to expect a bad out come but he woke up. All of us are so happy. He has a long ways to go. Thank you for all the prayers and well wishes. We all believe this to be a miracle and to God be the glory. Please keep remembering him in your thoughts and prayers as he has a long ways to go. He has a wife, son 20 (who has a wife and baby) and a little 11 yr old son. He is 52. I plan to go home tomorrow after being here for a week.
    Last edited by Annaquilts; 04-17-2013 at 05:27 PM.
    Anna Quilts

wow God Is Good all the time!!!! I will pray for you and your family.

Got a beautiful doll quilt from Nancy in Louisiana,LOVE IT!!!!!! THANK YOU......

Blog Entries
    Anna, so glad to hear that he is pulling through. Continued prayers on the way.

Linda, show us!!!
    Krystyna

Anna your family is in my prayers.
    Never look down on anyone, unless you are helping them up.

Blog Entries
    Whoop! Whoop!! I had a package in my box last night. Beautiful!! LeBrat outdid herself. How did you know yellow was my favorite color, I don't remember mentioning that. LOL Would you like to see a picture? I'll take a vote. Lets see who wants to see a picture.
    Onalee Rose
    "There comes a time in your life, when you walk away from all the drama and people who create it. You surround yourself with people who make you laugh. Forget the bad, and focus on the good. Love the people who treat you right, pray for the ones who don't. Life is too short to be anything but happy. Falling down is a part of life, getting back up is living."

Blog Entries
    Really, do I need a vote? I know everyone likes to see the DQ's. So why the vote? Cause I can, that's why.
    Onalee Rose
    "There comes a time in your life, when you walk away from all the drama and people who create it. You surround yourself with people who make you laugh. Forget the bad, and focus on the good. Love the people who treat you right, pray for the ones who don't. Life is too short to be anything but happy. Falling down is a part of life, getting back up is living."

Blog Entries
    Ok, I think I am there. and here is the picture!! Also 2 beautiful FQ and some cute little chicks. I just love the mousie theme!! She reallly blinged it up with lots of pretty beads. Notice the wheels on the carraige. I love love love it.
    Did you see that I wanted the top of the page? LOL
    Attached Images Attached Images

Last edited by buslady; 04-18-2013 at 05:32 AM. Reason: To add comment after confirmation
    Onalee Rose

Blog Entries
    Brat, that is tooooo cute!
    Krystyna

Blog Entries

my dq I received yesterday from Debbie Moore

these are so pretty, I whis I could put MY points like that!! and Like the dragon material, haven't decided what to make with it ,yet anyway, kids pillow?? hmmmm
    Attached Images Attached Images

we don't meet people by accident.Everyone is meant to cross our path for a reason.

Blog Entries
    hey Debbie/ will be sending yours by the weekend. I was going to take it to the goin postal ,near by me,Monday, and they moved! so will take to the post office, which isn't too far.
    we don't meet people by accident.Everyone is meant to cross our path for a reason.

Blog Entries
    Elisabrat...love that quilt...lucky you, buslady!!!

Anna still praying for your BIL...I am positive your sister loved having you with her!
    Last edited by luvstoquilt; 04-18-2013 at 08:31 AM.
    "You must do the thing you think you cannot do"....E. Roosevelt

Sharon
    Yorkville, IL

The mousie quilt is the cutest darn thing I've seen in a while. Great imagination, Elisabrat! Lucky recipient! I love whimsical!

What are the lil chickens that came with the mousie quilt? Buttons? Something edible? Hmmmm?

Blog Entries
    I think they are like for scrapbooking. Very Cute, and I love to use that kind of stuff all the time. I also have a DGD that comes over cause she just loves to use my supplies. I love to see what she comes up with!!
    Onalee Rose

I really like both the mousy quilt and the square in a square doll quilts. Great job ladies! Now I am home I need to work on gettting a doll quilt out to the beautiful island of Tasmania to Lin.
    Anna Quilts

Blog Entries
    I am vasilating between a couple of patterns. I hope to get my DQ done for my partner this weekend and mailed out by Wednesday. Going to Montana and after back surgery, little slow. All else failes, will do the binding in the car to Montana with an addressed envelope so I can mail.
    Life is short, live it while you still can. QuilterMomma

Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2 11 12 13 ... LastLast