Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins

Old 09-07-2022, 09:14 AM
Power Poster

OurWorkbench, thank you for that info!
Janice, your block is beautiful! I love Peaceful Home too. Thanks to b'stone for sharing it with us.
TG, I would love to be keeper of the birds! I hope that macaw stops being so stubborn so he can get to his day perch. Would love to see some pics of the birdies.
I am so IN on that Carribean snorkel/quilting retreat! Just say when...

I love seeing everyone chatting it up in here! Isn't it fun?

Last edited by sewbizgirl; 09-07-2022 at 09:24 AM.
Old 09-07-2022, 12:11 PM

MJP, just let me know what Island you are on and I'll sailup with my floating sewing room!

I do plan on having a sewing machine - probably two, one for sails and one for quilting/repairs. Two years....
Old 09-07-2022, 04:05 PM

Nineteen fat eights almost ready for mailing! No picture taken yet to post. All fabrics are different blenders. I'm still dreaming of St. Lucia as our snorkeling/quilting retreat destination. (Death in Paradise has made it famous but boy does it look great!).
Old 09-08-2022, 02:48 AM

travelinggramma; It sounds like an exciting and unpredictable life with those birds. Can't wait to hear about their antics throughout this Boom.

OurWorkbench; Thank you for the links for this block, I have always admired Bibliostone's abilities with quilting.

Last night I was rolling around in the floor with my German Shepard, Remy. She accidentally head butted me in the mouth. I have a fat lip the size of a large marble. I really saw stars. The swelling has gone down some this morning, but I will be doing a lot of explaining to my customers today.

Last edited by Lstew2212; 09-08-2022 at 02:53 AM.
Old 09-08-2022, 03:01 AM

The Christmas fabric is for the 2-month group. The flower and dinosaur fabric are for the 3-month group, think Baby Quilts.
Attached Thumbnails 2-month-group-christmas-fabric.jpg   baby-boy-fabric.jpg   baby-girl-fabric.jpg  
Old 09-08-2022, 08:31 AM

My DH told me I should organize a quilting workshop on a Caribbean island for all of us. Snorkeling in the morning, maybe gentle yoga too. Then quilting in the afternoon. Maybe Jayne could take us sailing to our snorkeling spots.

I sent my fabric off yesterday and I probably should have waited. The fabric is the blackbird fabric in this block. And I didn’t realize my FOCUS FABRIC IS DIRECTIONAL. I included a little bit of the polka dot fabric. Asked for cream as a color for you to use. Don’t try to match that cream exactly, I see it maybe has a tinge of green in it that would be an absolute pain to match. If you need another color use any of the colors in the fabric. I used black. All this is in my note except for the directional part.

I modified a pattern from Distinguished Dresdens ( a real pain). But I could have made this Dresden even smaller than I did. Sigh

Attached Thumbnails 5155e979-022f-4632-8614-3a54e0a40594.jpeg  
Old 09-08-2022, 08:43 AM

Lstew2212 and MJPEncinitas, love your fabrics! I look forward to working with them. The directional fabric might present more of a challenge but boomers are up to it!

I’m babysitting my eldest granddaughter today with DH. We both have head colds that Charlie gave us last week. We’re hoping we don’t pass it back to her but they really needed us today. Spending time outside just in case. And nap time is in a few minutes.

mjp, where do I book my holiday? I’m ready.
Old 09-08-2022, 10:05 AM
Power Poster

Love those fabrics, Lstew.

MJP, directional fabric is ok. I often send directional. People do recognize it and piece accordingly. It's part of the challenge!
Love your ideas for the retreat.... sign me up.

Janice, sorry you and hubby are under the weather.
Old 09-08-2022, 12:39 PM

I’d like to join the 3 month group if possible. I wasn’t sure if I had enough fabric, but I had plenty of leftovers from an elephant quilt I made for a friend so I was able to make enough fat 8ths with what I had! I’d like to have a new quilt for Spring or perhaps give to my mom, since she likes elephants.

Old 09-08-2022, 01:07 PM

Sent my email with my info in too!

This would be my first Boomerang. I've lived in Michigan my whole life, I am a nurse in a sub acute rehab facility, I have no kids, but I do have a fur baby Kitty, who is spoiled. I love sewing clothes, quilting, jewelry making, candle making, crocheting animals, hand embroidery....