Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins

Old 08-27-2022, 09:16 AM

Default Can’t wait!

Hi all, this is the fabric I am sending. I ordered it for the last boom, but it didn’t arrive in time. I have a white on white with little stars/space theme that will be the main fabric and this will be the inspiration, and I’ll include a little 6x6 piece to use or not. I love folk Nordic patterns and sci fi and cats and dogs, LOL. Hugs!
Attached Thumbnails 093fe7a9-c4dc-4d01-acf8-3dfe043ed773.jpeg  
Old 08-27-2022, 11:13 AM
Power Poster

What fun fabric, Reba! Can't wait to create something with that.

Previous swapper Cheesehead is back! She will be joining us in the 3 month group...YAY! Welcome back, Cheese.

Glad to have you in both swaps, Lstew2212!

So here is our list, as of this morning:

2 month swap;
Terriamn
Sewbizgirl
Hav4boys
RebaQuilts
Travelinggramma
Petthefabric
JaniceMcC ??
Lstew2212

3 month swap:
JaniceMcC
Terriamn
Sewbizgirl
Bibliostone
Hav4boys
MJPEncinitas
RebaQuilts
Ibex94
Travelinggramma
Petthefabric
Lstew2212
Cheesehead

Marcialee, where are you? Hope you will send me that email and get signed up.

I will be emailing everyone soon with my mailing address to send F8s to. In the meantime, pick your fabrics and prepare your 19 F8s per group you joined. Instructions are in the first post, but I will remind you when I email.

A word about 'notes' and accents sent with your F8s... If you have color preferences for your blocks, please say so in your notes included in your baggies. Also, if you have a particular theme in mind for your quilt, add that info to your note, too. Block makers should try their best to meet those requests, however they are not bound by them. BUT, if you go your own way, your block may not make it into the finished quilt. : ( Just something to think about. Added accent fabric should not be bigger than a 6"x6" piece, for reasons of space in the packaging. Block makers generally try to use those accents if provided, but are not under any obligation to.

Leftover fabric is kept by the block maker. Sometimes leftover scraps are requested back if the owner is short and may need them, but it's up to the block maker whether they wish to comply.

Remember to choose baggies without zippers. Space in the packages may be just that tight that it makes a difference.

Just some things to think about. (And why you need to read every post!) Now have fun finding your fabric.

Old 08-27-2022, 11:43 AM

Lovely fabric Rebaquilts! A touch of retro, a touch of Nordic, and a very modern fabric! I better find a good block to make for this one!

I am still playing with fabric and I've decided not to go with any particular theme, just colors with white or black or more of the same color range as you wish (example, you get a blender green fat eighth and you can add other greens and/or accent the block with white or black). If you want to use fabric with patterns, that's great. Whatever YOU think is the right level of creative for you. Is that challenging or boring to you?
Old 08-27-2022, 05:03 PM

Originally Posted by ibex94 View Post
I am still playing with fabric and I've decided not to go with any particular theme, just colors with white or black or more of the same color range as you wish (example, you get a blender green fat eighth and you can add other greens and/or accent the block with white or black). If you want to use fabric with patterns, that's great. Whatever YOU think is the right level of creative for you. Is that challenging or boring to you?
challenging is good ;-) gets the creative juices flowing….that will look really cool when its done, for sure! Do you have a recipient in mind? Black and white and color tend to be striking esp when the colors are arranged in succession. This will be a really good one.
Old 08-27-2022, 06:03 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by ibex94 View Post
I've decided not to go with any particular theme, just colors with white or black or more of the same color range as you wish (example, you get a blender green fat eighth and you can add other greens and/or accent the block with white or black). If you want to use fabric with patterns, that's great. Whatever YOU think is the right level of creative for you. Is that challenging or boring to you?
I find it an interesting challenge. Your quilt will be wonderful!

Marcialee and I have connected by email and she's IN for the 3 month group! Her name will be in the list the next time I post it.
Old 08-28-2022, 07:32 AM

Rebaquilts, I have no one in mind for these blocks. I may spread them between a couple of quilts I intend to make for my grandkids using their old minkee baby quilts. I'm thinking Minkee on one side and the blocks on the other. We shall see what ultimately ends up happening. Thank you for asking!
Old 08-28-2022, 10:50 AM

My 3 month fabric is all packaged up. Still trying to decide on the 2 month group. I want to do it but it may be an overcommitment for me. SBG, I’ll let you know soon.

Have a great rest of your weekend!

Old 08-28-2022, 12:23 PM
Power Poster

Hi Everyone,
I thought while we were waiting for the swap to begin we might introduce ourselves and share a little about our quilting. (OPTIONAL!) Most of us have been swapping for years, but it's still fun to do this. We learn a little bit more about each other... Remember the year that we shared our wedding pictures here? Wasn't that fun? You can share whatever you like about yourself, including pictures. In fact, pictures would be great!

I'll go first:

I'm Sewbizgirl from Mississippi. This is the first Boom swap I have hosted, but I've been participating in them since Boom 17. One Boom and I was hooked!
My home contains lots of Boom quilts, and I've also used the blocks to make beautiful donation quilts for children and adults going through organ transplant and sometimes chemo. Five years ago I bought a Juki sit-down longarm at the Paducah AQS show, and have been learning to quilt my own quilts since then.
I am married and have three grown children. Two of these have given us the most wonderful grandkids anyone could hope for. We have a pair of three year old girls (cousins, not twins) and one sweet little boy. Another little boy waits and grows in his momma's tummy until next January when he's set to make his debut! So... two of each. Since the GKs came along, I share my quilting time with making clothes and toys for them. And quilts, of course. It's my joy.
I love to be able to reach out to people I will never meet, with a donation quilt. The majority of the quilts I make are for donation or gifts.
Last year we bought a second home in Memphis TN with our unmarried son. He lives there full time and we go visit several times a year to be able to spend time with our granddaughter. I am making a "houses" quilt to give as a gift for our realtor who helped me buy the house.
Attached Thumbnails img_2067-1-.jpg   img_2024.jpg   peht6985.jpg  
Old 08-28-2022, 12:45 PM

Smile

Looking forward to joining this first ever swap for me. All you "super members" in the 2 month group hope you are welcoming this newbie. I am excited and have some fabrics already for the group members choices. I think I will focus on a Ukranian theme using bright blue and bright yellows. This sunflower print is my inspiration.
Attached Thumbnails resized-sunflowers.jpg  
Old 08-28-2022, 01:52 PM
Power Poster

Welcome, Duckling! Glad to have you and I promise we are kind to newbies! Just ask questions and we will help you.

Duckling will be in the 2 month group... yay! Our numbers are growing every day.