Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 3 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Sign Up July 2013 47th Doll Quilt Swap - Self Portrait and/or Where I Live

Blog Entries
    So ... who is a good quilter in our little group and might have the time to turn around a small project FAST? PM me.
    Krystyna
    Feel the fear and do it anyway!

Blog Entries
    Just about finished with my piece for July! Now the question is.... do I mail it to my partner or keep it for me and make her another one! nah.... I like it a lot but it was made for createfourpaws so in the mail it will go next week.
    gotta do the binding and label. I hope she likes it!
    Lisa B in NC
    Quilting is my Happy Thought!
    http://www.quiltingkrazy.blogspot.com

Blog Entries
    That's the wonderful thing about having my partner bug out on me for two months. I don't have to fret about wanting to keep it because there's no one to send to! Lucky me!!!
    Krystyna

Quote Originally Posted by QuiltingKrazy View Post
    Just about finished with my piece for July! Now the question is.... do I mail it to my partner or keep it for me and make her another one! nah.... I like it a lot but it was made for createfourpaws so in the mail it will go next week.
    gotta do the binding and label. I hope she likes it!
    Don't rush on mailing, I am still working on yours, it may take me a bit longer to get it to you. I had aa hard time finding what I wanted to make. Finally found the pattern I was looking for and am working on it now. Just gonna take me a little longer than I orginially thought it would. I promise you will have it before the end of the month.

I know I will like it. Thank you for making one for me.
    Cindy R in Dallas, TX

"My day is not complete until I play with fabric in some manner......whether be sewing, cutting or just fondling for a new project."

Blog Entries
    Cindy, Take your time! I actually got one done before the end of the month as usual!

Krystyna, you had two partners not follow thru?? that stinks! heck seems like if your partner was the hostess you would be sure to send her one! geesh!! {{{hugs}}}
    Lisa B in NC
    Quilting is my Happy Thought!
    http://www.quiltingkrazy.blogspot.com

Check out this fabulous quilt that appeared in my mail today! Jaba sent me a vision of the Grand Tetons since she lives near Yellowstone. I love it! Exquisite colors and piecing!Name:  wyoming.JPG
Views: 146
Size:  154.0 KB

Blog Entries
    What a beauty! While it is a traditional block, it also feels like an art quilt since you're looking through the design at the vista beyond.
    Krystyna

Jaba, your quilt to chasezzz is beautiful. We visited the Teton mountains a few years ago and thoroughly enjoyed all the mountains and the wildlife.

Blog Entries
    How is everyone else coming along? I've been quilting my brains out. Some with good results, some not so good. See my last two finishes under the pictures section of the QB.
    Krystyna

I'm just about done. Doing some hand quilting on the thing right now. Then I"ll need the binding, but will be ready in plenty of time to mail before the deadline.
    Kathleen

Live today as if it may be your last, for who knows...

Blog Entries
    Kathleen, I can't wait to see it!!!
    Krystyna

Blog Entries
    I started hand quilting mine today...then just bind and label and off to the post office. I am really pleased with it and hope my partner likes it as well.
    "You must do the thing you think you cannot do"....E. Roosevelt

Sharon
    Yorkville, IL

Quote Originally Posted by buslady View Post
    Nice to see you posting, BertiD! I want to get started on my DQ this weekend. I have some ideas, do you like "crazy"? I love it, and since a portrait of myself or where I live (literally) would be pretty crazy. Or I can do the larger picture of where i live and it would not be so much. LOL
    I like anything you make me! Have fun! I have been doing a couple of sewing jobs last week or so and not as much computer. One pays better than the latter. I will start my July quilt before next Monday, I promise. I do have the pattern now. Now to see if I can actually make it!

Blog Entries
    Not too fast, Bertie! I any still planning. I I think this is going to be one of those I'm just going to have to start and hope it comes together as I go. lots of ideas just nothing that seems to want to go down into the fabric.. sometimes those are the best ones.
    Onalee Rose
    "There comes a time in your life, when you walk away from all the drama and people who create it. You surround yourself with people who make you laugh. Forget the bad, and focus on the good. Love the people who treat you right, pray for the ones who don't. Life is too short to be anything but happy. Falling down is a part of life, getting back up is living."

I got started this afternoon on my partner's quilt and it is looking the way I kinda envisioned it would-so far, anyway. Will have to think about how I want to quilt it. Will be done in plenty of time to beat the deadline!

Jaba-the way you used the mountain scene in the center and as a frame really looks neat. It looks 3-D! Beautiful country for sure.
    jillnjo

ok well I sent my little quilt out today,going to austraila.

Quote Originally Posted by ljdugas31 View Post
    ok well I sent my little quilt out today,going to austraila.
    ljdugas31, I am quilting your little quilt today, so hopefully it will be mailed later in the week. Can't wait to see what little beauty you made for me

I have also finished piecing and quilting the 'surprise' quilt for Cogito so that should be mailed at the same time.

Had a great weekend away - plenty of footy, wine, walking and food. Oh and us girls went and saw a fantastic musical 'Legally Blonde' - amazing talent. Could have stayed another night and saw Pink in concert, but wanted to get home to my sewing machine LOL
    QB Albums: Lynnie25's Quilts; Selvedge Quilts; Lyn's Dolls Quilt Swap Quilts

Blog Entries
    Lyn, what's footy?

Sounds like you had a wonderful time! Are you talking about Pink the Japanese girl band? About a million years ago my boyfriend's band opened for them on tour in Japan.
    Krystyna

Quote Originally Posted by Krystyna View Post
    Lyn, what's footy?

Are you talking about Pink the Japanese girl band? About a million years ago my boyfriend's band opened for them on tour in Japan.
    Krystyna, Australian Rules Football (I think it is shown in America) - there was 5 games on in Melbourne over this last weekend and we managed to see 3 games. Friday night (90,000 fans - my team lost), Saturday arvo (45,000 fans - DH's team lost) and Saturday night (85,000 fans - best team won). Sunday arvo my best friend, DD and I went to the musical.

No Pink is the female American singer. She is touring Australia at the moment. She does an amazing show.

Blog Entries
    Duh. I was actually thinking of Pink Lady- this is what happens when you get decrepit.
    Name:  pink%u00252Blady%2Brecord.gif
Views: 122
Size:  34.3 KB
    Krystyna

Okay, I finally found a recent post. I went into someone's page and then to their latest post. I will find another way. So much has happened. Yesterday I received a beautiful quilt from Sue (Skaduzy). It is done in very well matched black and white fabrics with a lone red flower appliqued over it. It's gorgeous. Then today I received another from Lyn (Lynnie25) It is the cutest quilt, crazy with inserts (fussy cuts) of animals from Australia. The colors are exceptional. Neither of these ladies were my partner. That is such a generous gesture. To top that off I haven't been able to show you the wonderful quilt Linda (Ljdugas 31) sent as my partner for the Red, White & Blue swap. You need to see Lyn and Sue's also. I missed receiving any notices of the next sign up. One of these times I will find out how to do all these posts and find the postings. Until then, I feel like the needy, whiny, and high maintenance member. You women are all fantastic. I am so grateful to know you. Today when I received a quilt from Tasmania...I was so excited. I look up where everyone is from. The weather is 35 degrees with some snow. Amazing that the area contains descendants of the ORIGINAL founders. That is incredible...! I love reading and viewing, until I can do it RIGHT! Thank you for allowing me to share on this board.

Gaiatender, so happy you like the little quilt I sent you with our cute little animals. I will post a pic if you like.

Tasmania is in the grip of some really cold weather - it was -12degC in the area where our fishing shack is on Monday night. No wonder we don't plan to go there again until early August when hopefully the weather is a little better.

Do you subscribe to the dolls quilt threads each month so you can find them easily. When you are in this thread, go to Thread Tools (just underneath the thread name) and click on it, then choose 'Subscribe to this Thread' and follow the prompts. Then when you want to find the thread, it will show up when you go to Private Messages and on the left hand side you can see the heading 'subscriptions' - if you click on that it shows all the threads you have subscribed to. It makes it so much easier to keep track of them.

Here is the little quilt I sent to gaiatender (as an angel quilt) and a picture of the frozen lake and snow (near our fishing shack)
    Attached Images Attached Images

New Fabric Line - Road 15

Thought I'd share this cute line of fabrics that is new from MODA Road 15. It's the deal of the day at Missouri Star - a charm pack for $2.75. This really fits our theme for the month.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Beautiful colors. I love the center. Lucky you!

Quote Originally Posted by Chasezzz View Post
    Check out this fabulous quilt that appeared in my mail today! Jaba sent me a vision of the Grand Tetons since she lives near Yellowstone. I love it! Exquisite colors and piecing!Name:  wyoming.JPG
Views: 146
Size:  154.0 KB

Love how you framed the animal pic with a crazy quilt design. Great idea, it looks beautiful. It not freezing here in the midwest (US) it's so humid here you just step outside and your dripping and we also have the wonderful storms every few days.

Quote Originally Posted by Lynnie25 View Post
    Gaiatender, so happy you like the little quilt I sent you with our cute little animals. I will post a pic if you like.

Tasmania is in the grip of some really cold weather - it was -12degC in the area where our fishing shack is on Monday night. No wonder we don't plan to go there again until early August when hopefully the weather is a little better.

Do you subscribe to the dolls quilt threads each month so you can find them easily. When you are in this thread, go to Thread Tools (just underneath the thread name) and click on it, then choose 'Subscribe to this Thread' and follow the prompts. Then when you want to find the thread, it will show up when you go to Private Messages and on the left hand side you can see the heading 'subscriptions' - if you click on that it shows all the threads you have subscribed to. It makes it so much easier to keep track of them.

Here is the little quilt I sent to gaiatender (as an angel quilt) and a picture of the frozen lake and snow (near our fishing shack)

Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 3 12 13 14 ... LastLast