Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins

Old 07-04-2013, 04:43 AM

I figured BuzzinBumble for a replacement before I saw her picture. Love the picture! And the discussion of where honey comes from. Krystyna, have you been in my kitchen while I was sleeping? I have a little bear with honey and I use some every morning in my tea. I love honey on hot buttered biscuits, too. I used to have a little Indian maiden who held honey but she disappeared one day and I haven't seen another one in the stores since. We will all try our best to carry on but I'm a wee sad.
Old 07-04-2013, 05:35 AM
Swap Hosts

Miss Bertie, better watch out or you'll be next! Bwaaaahahaha!!!!
Old 07-04-2013, 06:04 AM

Not me! I volunteer for things I CAN do. Like make a quilt for someone who didn't get theirs. In this case, it was LisaLisa for Spring has sprung. So I made a lil blue bird and sent it to her and the other day I received a lil birdie from LisaLisa. His unofficial name is Turkock but the label says "Bertie's Birdie". and if you want to see him, I posted a picture on the April 2013 mini doll quilt swap.
Old 07-04-2013, 06:12 AM

Still laughing over this kooky conversation over whether bees poop or spit up honey. And i second Linda's "egad!" Sometimes ignorance truly is bliss.

Thank you for being so nice and not rising up in revolt you all. I still have to pass a couple more details with Krystyna I think before it is 100% certain.
But I will have you all know that I do meet one very important criteria for DQ swap hostess continuity. I have a matching doggy. Behold: Daisy and Pip! (Actually I have four doggies, so the odds were a little tipped in my favor for finding a match.)
Attached Thumbnails daisy-mae-pip-2.png  
Old 07-04-2013, 06:38 AM

Oh my gosh! The matching doggies are twins! See....it's kismet.
Old 07-04-2013, 06:46 AM

Thank you BuzzinBumble for buzzin in an taking over our swap; you as well as others on the thread are always positive in your comments and encourage others. Krystyna - I understand and respect your reasons for retiring as hostess - thank you for doing such a wonderful job. I started DQ's in December 2012 - Lynnie25 was my first swap partner - my something blue will always be special as it was the first time I participated in a swap of this nature. I look forward to future little quilt swaps and our new hostess.
Old 07-04-2013, 07:04 AM

Thanks Dabbler & Cogito!

Well I told Krystyna and my hubby this:
I figured out something. Do you know in the movies and TV shows when they show a platoon and a drill sergeant is yelling "I need a volunteer" and the whole platoon takes one step back, except for one poor oblivious dummy? That guy is me... LOL!

My DH went on to tell me something that his father told him about that happened to him during WWII.
That particular sergeant yelled "Who here can type?" So of course, a dozen guys raised their hands, thinking it would mean easy duty. So then the sergeant shouts "Good! Go grab those shovels - You're just the Type to dig a latrine!"
Old 07-04-2013, 07:37 AM
Swap Hosts

So ... here is what I'm doing with my "spare" time. http://www.quiltingboard.com/picture...o-t225112.html

Many thanks to Nancy in Louisiana who sent me the yummy Benartex pack of fabric months ago ...
Old 07-04-2013, 08:55 AM

Well I step on down to the beach for a day and look what happens! Krystyna, you've done a fabulous job, and I look forward to your continuing contributions from the peanut gallery. BuzzinBumble, a big THANK YOU for steppin' up. You'll do great! Jaba, even while at the beach I continued work on your July DQ. Here is a teaser...I trimmed many many blocks. Still not sure I'll finish it before the Alaska trip...but trying to![ATTACH=CONFIG]422458[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails trimmings.jpg  
Old 07-04-2013, 09:05 AM
Swap Hosts

Wow. Those are going to be tiny blocks!