Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins

Old 06-21-2012, 09:20 AM

Originally Posted by Krystyna View Post
Holy mackerel, Lara! They could be sisters! Do you know what Pip is? My best bet for Daisy is chihuahua and some sort of terrier. She was a rescue also. They found her on the street in Queens - a borough of New York City -- and she was so fearful. Now she is my shadow. I just love my little girl. Daisy now has a puppy cut for the summer.
I know just how you feel! I seriously feel that Pip rescued me and not the other way around. She was a mess and fearful too, but when I picked her up and pet her head, her face transformed into such a look of sheer bliss that my hubby made his "you have no choice but to keep her" face with the wiggling eyebrows. She's still an utter affection hog. The rescue people told us that her mother was a mini schnauzer and they thought her father was a yorkie. The dogs were all split up when the Humane Society did their raid and dispersed to whatever shelters could take them in. I keep her fur trimmed short because it grows out so patchy that she looks like a wildebeast if when it starts to get long.

Thanks Brenda - your Miss Daisy caught my heart right away too.

Brenda and Nancia you are both too goofy squabbling over Krystyna's quilt, when she told you all along she is going to keep it.

This heat IS deadly... I keep wondering how the wild creatures are coping in it. Make sure your husband takes extra precautions Krystyna - that is pretty scary how he was yesterday. At the very least a case of heat exhaustion! My DD had a job in research and just read a study that the very best drink to have when you have been working hard in the heat is NOT Gatorade, but cold chocolate milk.
Old 06-21-2012, 09:42 AM

Originally Posted by nancia View Post
brenda== i'm going to beat you to it! if k sends it to you, i'll just come over to your house and get it! do you have an alarm system? you might need to give me the code.
you can't....you're stuck in philly
Old 06-21-2012, 09:53 AM

Boy, I sure hate to see grown up adults fighting like this. I will just have to settle it. Krystyna, I have PM'd you my address. There. Settled.
Old 06-21-2012, 10:05 AM

Originally Posted by nancia View Post
n2-- i've registered my quilt and am waiting for a number. btw, what happens to the quilts that don't sell?
Last October, they took 1500 quilts to the HQS in Houston where they are all marked down for sale and they sold like hotcakes! The ones that don't sell @ auction or online, the quilters at Houston get a chance to buy them at reduced prices (not sure if that's 25% off, 50% off or any and all for $10). They sell quicker when you can actually see them in person. I believe it's in November when they'll be doing it this year. Someone will love your great mini!
Old 06-21-2012, 10:23 AM

Originally Posted by Linny View Post
978Gray- so pretty..the basket and flowers you made.
ditto! I love baskets; I love big showy flowers! Great job!!!!
Old 06-21-2012, 10:27 AM

OMG....THIS is why you DO NOT post pictures of MY quilt until it has already been sent to me Krystyna! I'm fighting them off left and right!!
Old 06-21-2012, 10:45 AM

OMG, Krystyna! That quilt is WAY OVER THE TOP!! yOU GO, GIRL!
Old 06-21-2012, 11:45 AM
Swap Hosts

Originally Posted by BuzzinBumble View Post
I know just how you feel! I seriously feel that Pip rescued me and not the other way around. She was a mess and fearful too, but when I picked her up and pet her head, her face transformed into such a look of sheer bliss that my hubby made his "you have no choice but to keep her" face with the wiggling eyebrows. She's still an utter affection hog. The rescue people told us that her mother was a mini schnauzer and they thought her father was a yorkie. The dogs were all split up when the Humane Society did their raid and dispersed to whatever shelters could take them in. I keep her fur trimmed short because it grows out so patchy that she looks like a wildebeast if when it starts to get long.

Thanks Brenda - your Miss Daisy caught my heart right away too.

Brenda and Nancia you are both too goofy squabbling over Krystyna's quilt, when she told you all along she is going to keep it.

This heat IS deadly... I keep wondering how the wild creatures are coping in it. Make sure your husband takes extra precautions Krystyna - that is pretty scary how he was yesterday. At the very least a case of heat exhaustion! My DD had a job in research and just read a study that the very best drink to have when you have been working hard in the heat is NOT Gatorade, but cold chocolate milk.
Chocolate milk? I'm not telling him that. We're both on diets. However, I might tell my son since he works in a hot kitchen and can stand to gain a pound.

Love the story about Pip. She so adorable! Hmmmm. Someone should organize a puppy quilt swap! (Not me!)
Old 06-21-2012, 12:37 PM

This has been a crazy month for me, I haven't had much time to get on the computer. I think I'll be taking next month off from the swap so I can catch up on things here.

I had to stop by to share the quilt I received from psychomomquilter, the fabric has lovely bright summer flowers and cutest little ladybugs sewn on! She also sent a wonderful little pin cushion, also topped with a ladybug! Thank you so much for the quilt and pin cushion!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]343704[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]343705[/ATTACH] of course, being one, his first reaction was to chew on the pin cushion to test the quality

I finished your quilt about a week ago but have not been able to get to the Post Office!!!! I am hoping tomorrow I will get there, if not it will happen on Saturday! I am *almost* finished with my 2nd partner's quilt, just a little more quilting and the binding. I'll send it out next week!
Attached Thumbnails img_20120621_155900.jpg   img_20120621_155636.jpg  
Old 06-21-2012, 06:01 PM

my eldest daughter(56 soon) bought a Harley for her transportation to work,,, now they both have a bike, and love them.... I just pray for their safety.... ...