Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 9 of 30 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 19 ... LastLast

Thread: Sign Up for June 2012 Doll Quilt Swap Closes Noon EST May 31st

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by brenda21 View Post
    OH GREAT Abonda! She will get your June one before my May one hahah
    Some people are just a wee bit slow. And some people need to empty their mail boxes!!!
    Krystyna
    Feel the fear and do it anyway!

It"s empty!!
    Brenda

Blog Entries
    darling chicken and rooster...... set in the grass, good choice.

Asheville, Lake Vermilion, Tarpon Springs
    Blog Entries
    Lara, now you have me thinking--what would it be that it was flipped left to right? And 1" squares? Those are so tiny--my less than accurate 1/4 seam would wreak havoc with that, for sure! And the panty clothesline is just hilarious.
    Last edited by Krisb; 06-08-2012 at 09:51 AM. Reason: iPad keyboard issues again
    I arise in the morning torn between a desire to improve the world and a desire to enjoy the world. This makes it hard to plan the day.

What did I miss about a panty clothesline????
    Teresa
    "I collect wind chimes."

Almond, I just love the chicken quilt. I'm really impressed with all of you early birds. Mine is still a work in progress but it's getting there. Sorry partner to be so slow!

OK, I finally saw the panties clothesline and that was cute.
    Teresa
    "I collect wind chimes."

Blog Entries
    i notice there are no panties hung after 2006. is that when young women stopped wearing them? along with panty hose? ala britney spears and lindsey lohan.
    The only bad days are the ones you don't get.

LOL Probably nancia!
    Teresa
    "I collect wind chimes."

Here's my little mini for Nancia finally almost finished! We both decided to donate our minis to AAQI so we'll each be posting pics of our own quilts for each other and then we'll get them registered and mailed off to the charity! I just need to put the fast triangles on the back or whatever fixture I decide on. Sure hope Nancia likes my mini and especially the person who buys it and hopefully it will sell! The frame and binding fabric is black and gold and really shimmers in the light but the camera doesn't capture that. I call it "Simply Floral."
    Attached Images Attached Images

Blog Entries
    hey, n2! that is really beautiful!! i was painting yours earlier today and will be making design alterations, so it is no where near finished, but it is definitely coming along. i will start it on different fabric tomorrow, so i can decide whether it will be painted then appliqued or all painted and embellished. what media did you use on mine? did you paint the background ? it looks really lovely, like a stained glass portal! thank you for using my favorite colors! (smile!)

Blog Entries
    n2, that is really pretty. That is so sweet of you and nancia to donate to the AAQI.
    My little shinning stars. Brantley, Kaylynn, and Emmalee

n2, I concur with everyone else!! Very cute!!!
    Family is a priority, not a convenience!
    Take time to be friendly... It's the road to happiness.
    Take time to give... It is too short a day to be selfish.

Quote Originally Posted by nancia View Post
    hey, n2! that is really beautiful!! i was painting yours earlier today and will be making design alterations, so it is no where near finished, but it is definitely coming along. i will start it on different fabric tomorrow, so i can decide whether it will be painted then appliqued or all painted and embellished. what media did you use on mine? did you paint the background ? it looks really lovely, like a stained glass portal! thank you for using my favorite colors! (smile!)
    Thank you so much, Nancia! No rush to finish.....take your time!! This pic in its early stages I like better than the final, but anyway, I just drew on a clothes dryer sheet as you can see from the pic and just like working a jigsaw puzzle, put all the pieces in place (fabric) w/fab glue. Had no idea how to do an oval fabric frame but got thru it ok. I always improvise somehow. The little berries were red metal disks I cut off of a sequined fabric and they worked great and shine alot but the camera doesn't show it very well. Thought about threadpainting it, but the pieces were so micro mini to handle, I knew it'd be near impossible thread painting it so just used permanent markers for the leading. I initially wanted it to be a seamless, bindless mini but this afternoon dictated other changes. Here's how it looked yesterday afternoon: so glad you like it. It was a challenge! lol....

p.s. thanx everyone so much!! glad you like it.
    Attached Images Attached Images

n2 that is beautiful!!
    Brenda

Tammy nice quilt and love the colors.

Quote Originally Posted by n2scraplvr View Post
    Thank you so much, Nancia! No rush to finish.....take your time!! This pic in its early stages I like better than the final, but anyway, I just drew on a clothes dryer sheet as you can see from the pic and just like working a jigsaw puzzle, put all the pieces in place (fabric) w/fab glue. Had no idea how to do an oval fabric frame but got thru it ok. I always improvise somehow. The little berries were red metal disks I cut off of a sequined fabric and they worked great and shine alot but the camera doesn't show it very well. Thought about threadpainting it, but the pieces were so micro mini to handle, I knew it'd be near impossible thread painting it so just used permanent markers for the leading. I initially wanted it to be a seamless, bindless mini but this afternoon dictated other changes. Here's how it looked yesterday afternoon: so glad you like it. It was a challenge! lol....

p.s. thanx everyone so much!! glad you like it.
    WOW! what's not to like?

Quote Originally Posted by almond View Post
    ljdugas31 rec'd the DQ that I sent her today and has asked me to post the picture of the quilt. She had told me the colors of her kitchen and I thought this chicken quilt would work good for her. Chickens remind me of spring so felt chickens were a good spring DQ.

Linda, Thanks for being such a good partner.

Attachment 340475
    Very well done, nice!

For some reason, I didn't know anyone had responded on this thread as I haven't gotten any e's about it. Is anyone else having that trouble?

Jacie, It would be really neat if you could be swap partners again in October and exchange our quilts at STANS!!!!! I have to tell you a story about Stan's my DH loves to eat there and WE DO every Friday night!!!!!! We know all the waitresses!!! and all their problems!!!! It is a good family restaurant with a very good skillet steak!!

Quote Originally Posted by jacie View Post
    I have chatted with my new partner,OOWEE, and found out our travels to Florida each year bring us within 8 miles of her house!! Lucky for us! We plan to meet in October when we travel south. this will make a very pleasant meet up! I have several patterns picked out, and did make samples of each square so far. now the decision of what ones to use.... oh, and by the way, mine will NOT be in the mail this next week, WOW, some of you gals are really on the ball,,,, and so far, as usual, they are all so lovely. happy sewing...... treat yourselves well, rejoice, warm weather is here in Michigan, FINALLY!!

jacie

Blog Entries
    n2-- i'm impressed! how big is it?

Thanks, Nancia! It's 9x10. The design is 4x5. Just remembered that I'm going to ModPodge it tomorrow to seal the whole thing (just the design). The black/gold fabric was given to me and they got it in NYC and because it's stretchy, it was perfect choice to fit around the oval shape, however, it was difficult to work with getting it to cut evenly so what a fun time that was! haha. Like I said I would research the oval shape and it brought no help at all, but I just researched circles and it gave some bit of help. lol. It was a try-it-and-see technique! Kind of like what you will be doing since you said you haven't done anything this small yet. You hit the nail on the head when you called it a floral portal -- that's exactly what it is. Do you mind if I rename it Floral Portal? haha.

Blog Entries
    N2, it is gorgeous! I'm sorry to say I haven't finished my AAQI for the May donation.
    If you're not getting responses to this thread, be sure you are subscribed by email at the very top ... sometimes it just seems to stop working so you might have to unsubscribe and then subscribe again.
    Krystyna

Quote Originally Posted by Krystyna View Post
    N2, it is gorgeous! I'm sorry to say I haven't finished my AAQI for the May donation.
    If you're not getting responses to this thread, be sure you are subscribed by email at the very top ... sometimes it just seems to stop working so you might have to unsubscribe and then subscribe again.
    Oh, no...let me know if you need help. OK, NO ONE IS TO PM KRYSTYNA UNTIL SHE GETS CAUGHT UP!!! (hope that helps!) Thanks for the tip -- I checked my settings out! I'm good to go now!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by n2scraplvr View Post
    Oh, no...let me know if you need help. OK, NO ONE IS TO PM KRYSTYNA UNTIL SHE GETS CAUGHT UP!!! (hope that helps!) Thanks for the tip -- I checked my settings out! I'm good to go now!
    But who is going to stop ME from PMing!!!!

BTW I just received the latest issue of the Fons and Porter magazine and ... THERE IS A CONTEST FOR SCRAPPY QUILTS!!! If there is anyone on this board who should enter, it's you!
    Krystyna

Page 9 of 30 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 19 ... LastLast