Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins

Old 05-25-2013, 03:07 AM

CQRobin, Krystyna and others who are facing life's challenges - my prayers are with you. I try to be that prayer warrior - off and on all day sending little prayers heaven-ward, so I am the greasy wheel prayer - and you know the saying "greasy wheels get fixed!" Or at least, they'll be heard. You all here are my friends and I think of you all and talk about you to others I know - we look after each other, no matter how far the distance between.....
Old 05-25-2013, 04:36 AM

Terrific hair stories, kids in kilts and of course doll quilts! speaking of those i received a beautiful dq from Annaquilts she calls it a wonky house doll quilt. Its so colorful and quilted so beautifully with bright rainbow thread and I absolutely adore it! I need hubby to photo it for me so you can all enjoy it. She also kindly sent me a pretty fat quarter, a lighting key chain AND this so cute pen with flowers on it and a bunny clip on the cap. I think its a terrific wonky quilt an I hope we can trade swap again sometime. She is a marvelous funny partner and its been a pleasure getting to know her

oh on hubbys saying you cant have that? hah taught the first man of mine. He said NO dogs, I brought home a puppy. He said no more pets.. we got a rabbit. Then he said no more cats, next day went right out and brought home a kitten. he said ok this is it so I went out and got another one. He swore right then and there never to tell me no again and I shared this story with the other men in my life who said they were smarter than to tell me no. ah the power of selective hearing.
Old 05-25-2013, 05:48 AM

Have a good holiday weekend everyone......daily prayers to each and every one of you going through some difficult times right now.
Old 05-25-2013, 06:04 AM
Swap Hosts

This gave me a good laugh. For the first years of my marriage and motherhood I referred to my husband as Mr. No. I never ever listened and there were a big old pile of battles that I now regret. As I aged and mellowed I started asking him about stupid little things. He felt empowered, I guess, and life got easier.

Originally Posted by Elisabrat View Post
oh on hubbys saying you cant have that? hah taught the first man of mine. He said NO dogs, I brought home a puppy. He said no more pets.. we got a rabbit. Then he said no more cats, next day went right out and brought home a kitten. he said ok this is it so I went out and got another one. He swore right then and there never to tell me no again and I shared this story with the other men in my life who said they were smarter than to tell me no. ah the power of selective hearing.
Old 05-25-2013, 06:39 AM

Cindy...I am your partner...don't do it over, cover with anything. It will be beautiful I know.

Well Krystayna...bet YOU DO have a lot of interesting stories...been there, done that huh? Do you still do Yoga? I've been trying to stay with a routine, use the DVD "Yoga for the Rest of Us," yoga styled for people who don't have a lot of mobility. When I do it, I do feel better but am hard-pressed to stick to anything these days!

Know where you are all coming from with hair. Have always had straight and very fine. Let it grow awhile once and French braided it which actually gave some volume. I like the way it looked although not as full and beautiful as people with actual hair.

A few years ago I let my hair go completely gray...it was white but shinny and I think quite nice. My girls did not like my natural look and hounded me to color it. My mom colored her hair for years...when I was going gray, kept asking when I was going to color it. When she had cancer she announced she was NOT going to color her hair...seems my step dad was the reason she did. Even when her hair fell completely out, she was beautiful, very young looking all her life. All the medical staff kept asking if she were my sister. It was then I colored it.
Now...I am letting it grow back gray...long process. My hairdresser (very young) insists I will look old...you know what? It is me and this time I won't be swayed. I am 66 and it's taken this long...to final accept who I am and be happy with what I want! Bet you all have the same awakening...hopefully at a much younger age.

Also have a pool, only exercise I am comfortable doing and don't want to mess with my hair. A hairdresser told me years ago...if you want color, don't swim. She also said with super-fine hair decide if you want color OR a permanent...that my hair would not tolerate both.
Love this board, have a great holiday weekend!
Remember Cindy...do NOT start over.
Old 05-25-2013, 06:43 AM

Originally Posted by Krystyna View Post
This gave me a good laugh. For the first years of my marriage and motherhood I referred to my husband as Mr. No. I never ever listened and there were a big old pile of battles that I now regret. As I aged and mellowed I started asking him about stupid little things. He felt empowered, I guess, and life got easier.
And when you asked him, Krystyna, did you follow his answer? I think it just takes a while to figure out your man, haha. I asked DH if I could drive to Ohio and meet a quilting friend and go on a bus trip to N. Hampshire with her. He said "well, if I said No, you'd go anyway." Wise birdie said "No, I wouldn't. I told her I'd ask you if I could go with her. She doesn't have anyone to go with her." So then he said he didn't care if I went so I went. My friend was so happy. Sometimes I ask and sometimes I just do whatever it takes! LOL! Have a great weekend everyone!
Old 05-25-2013, 06:56 AM

Well, will try to post picture again.[ATTACH=CONFIG]415389[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]415390[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]415391[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails dollbed1.jpg.jpg   dollbed2.jpg.jpg   dollbed4.jpg  
Old 05-25-2013, 06:57 AM

Originally Posted by gaiatender View Post
Cindy...I am your partner...don't do it over, cover with anything. It will be beautiful I know.

Love this board, have a great holiday weekend!
Remember Cindy...do NOT start over.
I may not start it over.......will find a way to cover the small thinning piece of fabric. If I decide to make another one, it will be just a great. I can always hang this one in my cubicle at work.

It will all be good
Old 05-25-2013, 06:58 AM

Whoohooooo! It worked. I've been punching buttons for days trying to fix my computer. Must have punched the right one finally. Six spools at each corner on top of base, and two spools each corner underneath base for mattress. There is a 1/2" wide by 1/4" thick rectangle glued to top of spools and canopy is a rectangle of cloth glued to that with lace edging glued around the edge. Now you all can make a spool doll bed with those wooden spools.
Old 05-25-2013, 07:00 AM

The rectangle on top for canopy is like a picture frame -- open in the middle -- not a solid piece of wood or cardboard.