Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Thread: Sign Up for November 2012 Doll Quilt Swap - Thanksgiving or I'm Thankful For ?

oh Lv2sew I think you should put up Christmas. It is so magical and you dont need a lot to make you smile and enjoy the beauty of it all. I was going to put up a lighted garland and hang my ornaments off that but yesterday my hubby suprised me with an 8.5 foot tree and we put the lights on it last night.. its oh so pretty. I will do ornies today and now I think do I need to do the rest? probably not this is a major statement lol.. I love it but it is a STATEMENT. Hello Christmas! Your doll quilts and little treats to each other show such a spirit of friendship. I think the relationships we form here are so incredibly wonderful. Like presents we gift to ourselves. love it!
    Linda
    Here today... why what a lucky bunch we are.

Blog Entries
    No time to read just wanted to post a think you to Cuppy for my wonderful DQ. If you took a picture can you please post it? I am going to run, have to deliver the stuff this afternoon and I still have place mats to finish!

Life should be back to normal by Monday! I will catch up then for sure! really I will....
    Give a smile away today, someone you meet might need one!

Doll quilt made for me by oldcatlady!! Thanks! I LOVE it!!

Name:  100_3548.JPG
Views: 215
Size:  32.2 KB
    Name:  100_3549.JPG
Views: 264
Size:  29.2 KB
    "Some people have bunches of WIPs (works in progress) and UFOs (unfinished objects)....I prefer to think of them as PhDs (Projects Half Done)!!" ~Elena Boen
    "Just keep in mind that your function here is to have fun and not to be someone else's interior decorator! So ... go forth and have fun!" ~Krystyna
    I cannot count my day complete 'til needle, thread and fabric meet.

Blog Entries
    QuilterMom that is a great Reversable little mini! You got two in one!
    Oldcatlady awesome job!
    Lisa B in NC
    Quilting is my Happy Thought!
    http://www.quiltingkrazy.blogspot.com

Back home in NY and had a lovely DQ made by CTipton waiting in the mail for me...Love all the diff fabric's used. Great size for a table topper also. Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Senior Member Crazy Quiltin Robin's Avatar
    All the quilts coming in this month are so awesome .... just love them all ..... great Nov swap ladies .... I am afraid
    the Dec swap isn't going to work for me this time .... Cat scan and drs Appts are in order to see if we have lymphnodes going crazy again .... please say a little prayer that all is good in lympnode land .... I'll be checking in to see all the Dec. beauty .... hugs and happy quilting ... CQRobin
    Crazy Quiltin Robin

Muv
    Hugs and kisses Robin, take it easy xxx Muv

Blog Entries
    Hey y'all, here is the fabulous dq I received from crazy quiltin Robin! Ain't it so cute! And the leaves look and feel almost real. Thanks Robin for the extras too! How did you know I needed embroidery needles??
    Attached Images Attached Images

Lisa B in NC

Blog Entries
    just wondering if anyone is missing their DQ for Nov?? Please send me a pm
    Lisa B in NC

Senior Member Crazy Quiltin Robin's Avatar
    Am so happy you like it Lisa .... thanks so much for being my partner this month ..... hope to join the fun again in Jan .... I have 6 mini quilts to make for Christmas presents as everyone who walks into my sewing room wants one like this one or that one they are going to get whatever I make lol .... Everyone have a wonderful Christmas and I will post results of cat scan and let you guys in on the verdict ..... hugs and happy quilting to all ...... CQRobin
    Crazy Quiltin Robin

Blog Entries
    i'm tattling! lynnie25 has not rec'd her dq! her partner is slow and not too bright, but inside is a basically nice person, i think. also, the month got cut in half by sandy. i'm sure she's sorry, and the dq will go out on monday. thanks for understanding!
    The only bad days are the ones you don't get.

Blog Entries
    Nancia we might just have to punish you for being late with the Nov dq, by asking you to sign up for Dec swap!
    I need an extra player as Psychomomquilter wants to play this month. I have you as an alternate. just let me know, if you can't, i fully understand.

I think Lynnie won't mind at all for it being a bit late, just will consider it an extra little Christmas surprise in the mail when it arrives!
    Lisa B in NC

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by QuiltingKrazy View Post
    just wondering if anyone is missing their DQ for Nov?? Please send me a pm
    Eagleoneowl2u2 has communicated with me and her DH is mailing out her DQ to me on Monday, so I should get it next week sometime. I will post when it comes.

Pretty, pretty DQ's ladies! Love the creativity!
    Ronda

Nancia, you are a bright, beautiful person inside and out and I don't mind at all that you are still working on my DQ, it will be extra special when it arrives because of the work that has gone into it and I know you have had a topsy turvy month. But I do like QuiltingKrazy's punishment

The postie always looks upset when he delivers my packages now and I don't open them up there and then so he can see what I get 'this month' - he knows there is a little quilt inside. Maybe one day I will show him one I have already received so he knows what he is delivering safely to me.

Quote Originally Posted by QuiltingKrazy View Post
    Nancia we might just have to punish you for being late with the Nov dq, by asking you to sign up for Dec swap!
    I need an extra player as Psychomomquilter wants to play this month. I have you as an alternate. just let me know, if you can't, i fully understand.

I think Lynnie won't mind at all for it being a bit late, just will consider it an extra little Christmas surprise in the mail when it arrives!
    QB Albums: Lynnie25's Quilts; Selvedge Quilts; Lyn's Dolls Quilt Swap Quilts

I am home from down under and I am so jet lagged and time is so topsy turvy. I got my DQ from Wanda Lou. It is so adorable. She posted a picture earlier. I love it Wanda, Thank you for being such a great partner.
    Dreaming of New England while being stuck in So. Calif.(the asphalt jungle of the world.) But hey the Happiest Place on Earth is here.

Wow, urgodschild2, that time went so quick, hope you had a great time. We will definitely have to try and catch up on your next visit though.
    QB Albums: Lynnie25's Quilts; Selvedge Quilts; Lyn's Dolls Quilt Swap Quilts

Urgodschild2 I am so happy you liked it. I always worry about that.
    I hope you took lots of pictures, you will have to post some.
    Never look down on anyone, unless you are helping them up.

Blog Entries
    That is so the truth! Pretty soon my neighbors will not hear a sound from our house since the walls will be padded with dq's! And it should be warm inside, too!

Blog Entries
    I never thought of that! My DQ's hang on an interior wall, maybe I should rethink that one! LOL
    Onalee Rose
    "There comes a time in your life, when you walk away from all the drama and people who create it. You surround yourself with people who make you laugh. Forget the bad, and focus on the good. Love the people who treat you right, pray for the ones who don't. Life is too short to be anything but happy. Falling down is a part of life, getting back up is living."

Blog Entries
    thank you , lynnie, you are so sweet! i had hoped it would go out today, but i stalled on the label. you should get it before x-mas--oh, pleez! i hope so!!!! -- this is the worst time of year to get anything to anyone on time!!

i am waiting for an order from zuillily. i bought an outfit for my dgd, olivia , age 16months's, and my daughter's boyfriend's daughter, olivia, age 6 is getting a matching outfit, and it comes with a my-doll outfit (for 18" dolls.) i hope they will all get together and send me a picture! can't wait!!

Blog Entries
    Hi Ladies! I received the most adorable little quilt yesterday from Just a Quilter. I sure hope she took a photo since my cameras gave out after photographing every teeny bit of 25 years of collecting. I love it and just want to say thank you. We are plugging away. The walls and floors and ceiling have been torn out of the house and I now have a lovely decoration in my front yard - a bathtub and toilet! There are lots of cracks in the joists and mounds of sand and fish and other dead stuff down there. Frankly it is scary to look at. Tomorrow I am meeting an architect and an engineer and we'll figure out where to go from here. My little apartment is full of garbage bags of what little we could save and I have a new plan for my life: If I don't love it, out it goes! I miss you all and miss the simple pleasures of quilting more than I can say. Will check in as I am able. Love and Hugs to all.
    Krystyna
    Feel the fear and do it anyway!

Blog Entries
    Wonderful to hear from you Krystyna!!! Keep plugging along, we miss you and can't wait for your return.
    Onalee Rose
    "There comes a time in your life, when you walk away from all the drama and people who create it. You surround yourself with people who make you laugh. Forget the bad, and focus on the good. Love the people who treat you right, pray for the ones who don't. Life is too short to be anything but happy. Falling down is a part of life, getting back up is living."

Great to hear from you Krystyna.
    I love to collect roosters of any kind. I also love embroidery thread for my machine. My favorite color is purple and i am just a plain old country girl.lol

Blog Entries
    Krystyna, It's so nice to hear from you!!! Hey maybe you can put some flowers in the bathtub and toilet!!!! LOL
    Hugs , Hugs, Hugs
    Barbara

May all your ups and downs be with needles and thread.

K so good to hear from you.
    Never look down on anyone, unless you are helping them up.

Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5 14 15 16 ... LastLast