Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Sign Up for November 2012 Doll Quilt Swap - Thanksgiving or I'm Thankful For ? >

Old 11-14-2012, 04:27 PM

I have FINISHED my dq for quiltingkrazy! its absolutely what I wanted with the exceptions of the little mistakes which is not absolutely what I had wished for but totally me. it is.. what it is. I am happy it got done with the old arm on vacation it was one lucky day for me all around. I have mystery cookies in the oven. Mystery as I didnt bother with a recipe had quarter a bag of chocolite chips half a bag of butterscotch, some slivered almonds some vanilla some almond extract some brown sugar some white and butter. it had better be good. and half a tsp of baking soda as I figured half a batch.. usually about 1 tsp and yes I threw the bags away before I stored the left over chips and had no recipe. who keeps a recipe for that around? I dont do cook books and they were working on the net. wish me luck either good cookies or omg skunk food .. they like most things that are not fruit or veggies. dont ask me how I know it would be secret information ..
Old 11-14-2012, 04:56 PM

Mystery cookies sound pretty good to me! YUM!
Old 11-15-2012, 05:21 PM

Love looking at the quilts so far. Getting ready to go with my daughter to afternoon tea at a friend's house. Should be lots of fun. I miss my sewing machine and sewing. The best I can do down under here is to knit. I have made 9 hats already. But I at least can come on line and look at all the gorgeous quilting all of you have done.
Old 11-15-2012, 07:48 PM

just spent a week with my adorable dgd. she is 15months old and a toot! always good, always happy, and very quick. she said "i love you grammy". i am total mush! but that made 2 weeks of no sewing! will be chaining myself to the machine! soon, lynnie, soon!!
Old 11-16-2012, 02:10 AM

ok gotta ask, if you have to be chained to something could there be anything better than a sewing machine? sign me up, ankle is out and ready get those puppies on I like the idea oh sorry cant do laundry chained to my machine right now, nope you have to cook tonight look? chains stuck here. now that.. I can do.
Old 11-16-2012, 06:42 AM

Last call for blocks for Krystyna's quilt. If they come late, they will go into a pillow case. I will send them to be assembled & quilted Monday, 11/19. Robin planned this for Christmas. If you have not had time, any small gift for Christmas would be nice. I'm a big fan of potholders. Or a card with greetings. Or, a valentine later on. Thank you all. The ravages of the storm will be felt for a long time.
Old 11-16-2012, 08:21 AM

Originally Posted by dotcomdtcm View Post
Last call for blocks for Krystyna's quilt. If they come late, they will go into a pillow case. I will send them to be assembled & quilted Monday, 11/19. Robin planned this for Christmas. If you have not had time, any small gift for Christmas would be nice. I'm a big fan of potholders. Or a card with greetings. Or, a valentine later on. Thank you all. The ravages of the storm will be felt for a long time.
Will be looking to see picture of all the blocks!!!
Old 11-16-2012, 11:45 AM

Mine went in the mail yesterday along with 3 quilts and a quilt top and two gifts for K hope you get them in time.
Old 11-16-2012, 11:46 AM

Now to get my dq finished and mailed.
Old 11-16-2012, 02:11 PM

My DQ is going to go to the PO right now! bad news thou, I can't find our camera, I did take a picture with my web cam... Although I have to admit it is a pretty bad picture... So I am hoping my partner has a camera and can take a picture! I think it turned out cute, but have to admit my free motion quilting is still in the baby stages.

Too much to do and too little time!