Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Signups for the 12th Annual Ornament Swap Closes midnight October 31 >

Signups for the 12th Annual Ornament Swap Closes midnight October 31

Signups for the 12th Annual Ornament Swap Closes midnight October 31

Old 10-11-2022, 04:04 AM

Junebillie, thanks for your comment. I have not even thought about tree size! It might be helpful if we knew if someone only had a miniature tree or a table top tree. I have settled on what to make, but just need to do it and not leave it until the last minute.

I am going back to the original post and to review the dates and guidelines for the swap so I am ready when my swapping partner is posted.
Old 10-11-2022, 04:42 AM

My tree is always a mix/match of memories! I have never been one to do a themed tree or stick to specific colors. I have vintage ornaments that were my mother's and great-grandfather-in-law, baby ornaments from my now grown children. I love everything, especially homemade. My kids tease me, that as I pull them out every year, I keep saying that "it's my favorite". I remember each one that I received in a swap. They are like Christmas wishes from a crafty friend.
Old 10-11-2022, 09:00 AM

Thank you for your reply WUMT. I kind-a thought that was the deal. Guess I better check out my Xmas fab
Old 10-11-2022, 09:44 AM
Power Poster

I used my embroidery machine to make my ornament this year. I think they are so special, being a one of a kind.
Old 10-13-2022, 09:41 AM

Tell a friend about our swap. Time is closing in. I have decided on my ornament, just waiting to see what my partner likes so I can make it personal to the request!
Old 10-13-2022, 03:38 PM

I upgraded my little tree for a big one last year. I needed the extra space!!! My penfriend in America sent my family home made ornaments for the tree every year from about 1980. I did meet her once and later her granddaughter introduced me to QB. I still hang her ornaments on my tree and remember her though sh has now passed on
Old 10-13-2022, 06:16 PM

With 2 cats that like to climb I do not put out a Christmas tree. I do have a wall hanging I made in 1993 from 'Quilt in a day' that I put up and the newer ornaments are pinned on it
Old 10-14-2022, 01:33 PM

Wow! November 19th is fast approaching and I am in panic mode. Why do I wait til the last minute to make an ornament?? Anyway, dipping into my bin of ornaments I've already made, I found one or two that I hope my partner will like. Since we haven't heard anything from Kathy about mailing, does anyone know how she is doing?
Old 10-14-2022, 01:41 PM

DUH. It's OCTOBER, not November. There is still time. I'm also a month ahead of myself. (not enough coffee today).

Originally Posted by MizMelly View Post
Wow! November 19th is fast approaching and I am in panic mode. Why do I wait til the last minute to make an ornament?? Anyway, dipping into my bin of ornaments I've already made, I found one or two that I hope my partner will like. Since we haven't heard anything from Kathy about mailing, does anyone know how she is doing?
Old 10-14-2022, 03:09 PM
Power Poster

I have a lot done on one ornament I am experimenting on. Just having fun in the evenings while watching a bit of tv.
Susan