Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Spring churn dash 12.5 block swap >

Spring churn dash 12.5 block swap

Spring churn dash 12.5 block swap

Old 11-07-2017, 08:16 PM

Everyone's really getting a jump on this swap . I mean, November just started and you don't need to send them till Feb. Some people are really motivated!

My question is , is this pattern leaving enough room for the points not to be cut off? Looks like several won't have 1/4" to sew . I made a doll quilt this week using the pattern and it's definitely an issue.
Old 11-07-2017, 09:53 PM

Originally Posted by zozee View Post
Everyone's really getting a jump on this swap . I mean, November just started and you don't need to send them till Feb. Some people are really motivated!

My question is , is this pattern leaving enough room for the points not to be cut off? Looks like several won't have 1/4" to sew . I made a doll quilt this week using the pattern and it's definitely an issue.
Good question Zozee.. I am always very careful to make sure that 1/4 is there so my points don't get cut off. A couple of mine are scant 1/4 inch, but still usable.
Old 11-07-2017, 09:55 PM

Originally Posted by K-Roll View Post
All of your blocks are wonderful, peeps...they will make smashing quilts!
Here's my first set, awaiting final assembly.
I am using 2 different wows, the corners and the center different from the sides. I wanted to use all the same, but didn't have enough. In these pics, only one (the bottom square in the multi-pic) actually has the center fabric up there. The other centers feature my fuzzy design wall. I cut only 1 center square for the set ---- as if I needed just one...lol ...time to quit.
I took a closeup of one - how bright sunlight fools the eye. The colors are more true out of the sun...or it's my camera. The blue flowers are cornflower blue, not turquoise or aqua.
K-Roll... They will be super! I love the bright fabric
Old 11-07-2017, 10:57 PM

Well, I have another 3 1/2 sets cut out. I just need to get sewing some evening..
I am real excited to be piecing again, after a 3 to 4 year no sew dry spell, so I hope I don't act too gushy. But I do want to thank Armylady and the rest of you for the chance to get back in a creative groove.. I need to de-stress from work and this should help a whole ton!
Old 11-08-2017, 09:01 AM

Originally Posted by zozee View Post

zozee, I was thinking the same thing!! I'm still wrapping things up for Secret Santa and the ornament swap so it will be another week or so before I even pull out some fabric!
Old 11-08-2017, 09:20 AM

I am finding that the points are difficult but it will all be ok in the end when our quilts are completed. In my opinion the beauty of the churn dash is that of the blocks and not the points. A perfectionist I am not ......

Last edited by MaryMo; 11-08-2017 at 09:22 AM.
Old 11-08-2017, 10:14 AM

Here's my first four. I know it seems like we are early but you know how the holidays sneak up on you. As far as the points Mary
Mo I agree but again I think it will just be that very scant 1/4 in.
when they are sewn together. I have perfectionist tendencies but that sometimes holds me back! Sometimes we are too close to our work! [ATTACH=CONFIG]583547[/ATTACH]
The colors are much more saturated-(see pic of the first block)
Couldn't get close enough to get them all in.
Attached Thumbnails img_20171108_1248371_rewind.jpg  
Old 11-08-2017, 12:38 PM

I have time between quilting booms and the holidays and decided to get a jump on the swap. Much more fun when not concerned about a deadline
Old 11-08-2017, 02:57 PM

I'm not a perfectionist, either, but I try for excellence, and I would hate to disappoint a perfectionistic piecer with my blocks that might be 90 percent good. I do my best and am still disappointed sometimes.
Old 11-08-2017, 03:32 PM

Originally Posted by terriamn View Post
I have time between quilting booms and the holidays and decided to get a jump on the swap. Much more fun when not concerned about a deadline

I'm with you, Terri. I got all 5 sets plus an extra block cut out today. I'm conducting a Comfort Bag workshop at the Ag Center for our local Community Shelter tomorrow, so this gives me a jumpstart on this swap. I would rather be early and coast later. I won't sweat the deadline this way.