Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Spring churn dash 12.5 block swap >

Spring churn dash 12.5 block swap

Spring churn dash 12.5 block swap

Old 11-25-2017, 03:15 AM

I usually safety-pin on a piece of paper with my board ID on it, or use a basting stitch to sew the paper on. In some past swaps, there have been a few labels stuck to the front of the block that left sticky residue when they were removed, so maybe removable labels (vs permanent labels) would be best? Or maybe put them on the back of the block instead?

I haven't had a chance to make any more blocks, but I do still intend to sign up in a day or two. I've got one more craft fair on December 9 that I'm scrambling to get ready for. My other block sets are cut out ... just need a few hours to sew them together.
Old 11-25-2017, 12:12 PM

I've been holidaying - and just reviewed what I missed. I could not choose a favorite, they are all so nice.

Yesterday went hunting for my wow fabric that I'm using for the centers and corners...it had disappeared and I was frantic as my other wow fabric is not big enough for the pieces. Could not find it...this morning I found it wedged between a table and my design wall: fell off the table and stuck on the flannel halfway down. I rescinded the Amber Alert
Old 11-26-2017, 10:25 AM

Oh! forgot about doing a simple basting on the labels.. good reminder! I just use a very long machine stitch on them.. easy to remove.
Well, I hope to get more done today, but I have to run to the office for a bit, so I may not get much of anything done that's fun. If I get more completed I will post pics. I have picked out a companion block to use in the quilt top.. I will be working on those soon too.
Old 11-26-2017, 03:13 PM

[ATTACH=CONFIG]584373[/ATTACH]
Helloeveryone! I am a new quilter and this will be my first swap. I love how the churn dash block looks but have not yet attempted to piece one, so I am very excited. These are the floral prints that I found in my small stash. I can't wait to get started!
Attached Thumbnails image.jpg  
Old 11-26-2017, 04:38 PM

Very pretty fabric, but that purple just POPS for me! Welcome to the swap world. You'll be hooked in no time.
Old 11-26-2017, 04:46 PM

I love to purple also!
Old 11-26-2017, 07:55 PM

Originally Posted by 5Pints View Post
Helloeveryone! I am a new quilter and this will be my first swap. I love how the churn dash block looks but have not yet attempted to piece one, so I am very excited. These are the floral prints that I found in my small stash. I can't wait to get started!
Emily(5pints) Welcome and I think your fabrics are wonderful and they are going to add to our block swap, I do believe you are going to enjoy yourself. If you have any questions feel free to ask it here the ladies are awesome at helping each other out.
Old 11-26-2017, 07:57 PM

Originally Posted by 5Pints View Post

Pretty florals. I love the purple best of all.
You might reconsider the large scale floral, though. When it's cut into small pieces, not every piece will have flowers. Some might actually look solid or have part of a huge leaf on it. Play around and see.
Old 11-26-2017, 07:59 PM

Marcia, I hope that you are doing much better now. You can baste stich a name tag or a piece of paper with you board name on it to the block or you can use a safety pen also, I usually use an address label and add my board name to it but I put it on the back of the block so that there will not be an sticky residue on the front of the block.
Old 11-26-2017, 08:08 PM

Originally Posted by QuilterMomma View Post
Hmmm, this looks like fun and can use up some of the pretty florals I have. Going to have to see if I can get them done before I totally commit. I have an Accquilt die for the 4 1/2" hst which works really slick for me. Think I can get them done that way real easy.
Was it confirmed to be white on white, or cream background. I see a couple of each. Please confirm.
QuilterMomma, not for sure if I responded to this post but I do hope that you are able to join us. Lucky for you to have the Accquilt system and dies I want one so bad. If you pull your fabrics please post pictures for us curious swappers that love to see the fabrics you are going to use. It is White on White for the background.