Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Summer 2012 Postage Stamp Squares Swap-Sign up closes 9/15/2012

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SheriR View Post
    Wow I lost count how many of us got nasty ripped squares lol. YES I live Mariposa's swap!
    outside of the ripped ones, i got great squares from my other swappers. i am also in the yahoo group swap so i am looking forward to receving those squares also. yeppers i am in square swapper heaven.
    My Quiltboard Blog
    ~Joy is what happens when we allow ourselves to recognize how good things really are..(Marianne Williamson)
    ~If you can't change your fate, change your attitude.(Amy Tan)
    ~As long as one keeps searching, the answers come.(Joan Baez)

Thanks for reminding me of that one. I just asked to join it. I used to do their swaps earlier. I also swap on another board.

I mailed for the yahoo one Friday. CuriousQuilter is coming up again. And the "candy" swap. I nearly need a cutting break lol.
    SheriR~

~If you can't turn the corners of your mouth up...let the middle sag!~

"Be not afraid, only believe."

SheriR, Aren't you running the candy swap?
    I think I might have to give up trying to keep up with you all.. I'm becoming obcessed with SCRAPS.. I was in Joann's looking for some stuff that you put on the thread to make it do something better. Acutally, I'm not even sure what it is supposed to do.. Anyway, I was talking to another quilter, and she mentioned a fabric store that was not to far from where I was. We are talking 40 miles from home.. I had extra time, as the dog was at the groomer, so I checked out the store. She was trying to sell me a machine, but she realized I wasn't buying. We ended up talking, and she mentioned that she sold scraps for $5 a lb. Need I say more. I'm the proud owner of another pound of scraps to cut up for a swap. Ughhh

Barri.....yes....lol and JEALOUS OF $5. A pound for scraps!!
    SheriR~

~If you can't turn the corners of your mouth up...let the middle sag!~

"Be not afraid, only believe."

SheriR I guess $5 is a good price. I wasn't sure. The woman mentioned it was about 4 yards of fabric. I couldn't believe the fabrics that I picked. I wish I was doing your swap, but I am inundated with stuff to do. I'm afraid to get involved with your swap yet, as I think I remember it was 2.5".. I want to get a major four quilt project done before I get involved with anything else. So much I want to do, but so little time.

Blog Entries
    did mariposa mail out the packages yet? and yes $5/lb is excellent. i hope you got some great fabrics. enjoy.
    My Quiltboard Blog
    ~Joy is what happens when we allow ourselves to recognize how good things really are..(Marianne Williamson)

OMG, is it time for those little monsters to arrive! I've been busy cutting for swaps and forgot all about them.

How did we all end up getting the same person in that other swap?
    If you choose the behavior, you accept the consequences...Dr. Phil

Blog Entries
    [QUOTE=Twisted Quilter;5550462]OMG, is it time for those little monsters to arrive! I've been busy cutting for swaps and forgot all about them.

I just checked and it says that the charms will be mailed by Oct. 10th. I got all excited thinking about charms in the mail! I took a deep breath and said I can wait a few more days. LOL It will be fun to go through all those "little monsters"! Sue

Hi Ladies, In what group on Yahoo are you swapping ps squares? I've been using my Accuquilt for cutting the squares using the 1 1/2" strip die and it really works well...now I have a whole bunch of squares left over...most of which have been used in this current swap...How do you keep track of the ones used and not used?

Blog Entries
    here is the link for the yahoo postage stamp group http://groups.yahoo.com/group/postagestampquilts/ .

also i keep my leftover cut swapping squares in a large plastic zipper bag (think bed sheet packaging) so i can see what i have cut and sent before. there are always new swaps, new groups, new participates joining so i do not worry quite so much with dups. plus as quilters we know how to make things work for us and can certainly make a new project with any dups or start another psq for that matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Honchey View Post
    Hi Ladies, In what group on Yahoo are you swapping ps squares? I've been using my Accuquilt for cutting the squares using the 1 1/2" strip die and it really works well...now I have a whole bunch of squares left over...most of which have been used in this current swap...How do you keep track of the ones used and not used?
    My Quiltboard Blog

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Twisted Quilter View Post
    ...How did we all end up getting the same person in that other swap?
    perhaps she signed up for 100 swap baggies to reek her chaos on other quilters.
    My Quiltboard Blog

I cut out scraps as I make things during the weeks, and I have a bin of 1 1/2"strips that I can cut into when I need to. I keep a large bin of my squares, and I have a smaller bin, where I put all of my squares to swap with others. For this last swap, I was amazed that I already had enough cut out from just my projects, and I didn't have to cut any out at the time of the swap.. I just counted and bagged them. And that was for 30 sets! I think I've turned into a factory!

Quote Originally Posted by Havplenty View Post
    To be honest, I have a feeling that she didn't know better, and she beleived what she did was correct. I presume that for the next swap she will do it correctly. I am a softly on the first offense, and if it happens again after someone taught her, then there is no excuse. I'm just grateful it wasn't my squares causing the chaos.

Blog Entries
    According to Mary, our hostess in "that" swap, "that person" had 14 swap partners. Aren't we the lucky ones?
    "I keep my end tables full of needlework and quilting so I don't have to dust them." ~ Author Unknown but I agree!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Honchey View Post
    ...How do you keep track of the ones used and not used?
    Hi, Honchey. I always keep a baggie of each swap for myself. This allows me to keep track of what I have sent out and gives ME more stamps. The ones I haven't yet used remain in my sorting ice cube trays.
    "I keep my end tables full of needlework and quilting so I don't have to dust them." ~ Author Unknown but I agree!

Hi, I have taken a photo of most of the stamps I sent out cause I still have a bunch of each and don't want to send out repeats for the next one...Will there be another one soon?... is it okay to have Holiday stamps in the mix? I signed up for the Yahoo swap...Honchey

Sign ups are coming soon......just need to let this one finish first. Holiday prints are fine too~
    Be a blessing to others, as you may entertain angels unaware!

I love the idea of holiday stamps. I'm Jewish, and wouldn't buy the Christmas holiday fabrics for myselff, but still would love to include them in my quilt. For some reason I have been really lucky in getting scraps from all over, and can't wait to share them with everybody.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Evie View Post
    Hi, Honchey. I always keep a baggie of each swap for myself. This allows me to keep track of what I have sent out and gives ME more stamps. The ones I haven't yet used remain in my sorting ice cube trays.
    i try to remember to keep a baggie for myself but i dont always. i was trying out the ice cube trays as a sorter until one of my furbabies decided that it would be fun to turn them over. no more ice cube tray sorters.
    My Quiltboard Blog

Barri, I'll remember to include some Jewish Holiday stamps for you..I purchased a couple of clear plastic cases that have 1-1/2" sections in them from Joanns..they sell for $3.99 and used a 50% off coupon...the stamps fir perfectly flat or standing sideways...what's nice about the case is that it has an attached clear lid that snaps closed and they can't slide around and if it falls the lid stays closed.
    Last edited by Honchey; 10-02-2012 at 05:21 AM.

Super Member frustratedquilter40's Avatar
    i try to remember to keep a baggie for myself but i dont always. i was trying out the ice cube trays as a sorter until one of my furbabies decided that it would be fun to turn them over. no more ice cube tray sorters.
    This would happen at my house for sure if my to fluff muffs got into my sewing room I try to keep them out it is up stairs and we have a gate but sometimes one of the kids does not get the gate closed then they get up here. One of them loves to grab a spool of thread and run and hide under my king size bed where he knows I can not reach him
    ​Christine

I thought I had finally decided on a pattern until I saw this one.

Link didn't paste. I'll be right back!

http://weddingdressblue.wordpress.co...e-is-a-flimsy/
    Last edited by Twisted Quilter; 10-02-2012 at 10:45 AM.
    If you choose the behavior, you accept the consequences...Dr. Phil

Blog Entries
    I use the styrofoam trays that meat come on, the big ones hold exactly 20 stacks, then I cover with plastic cling wrap and put in bookcase where the cats can't get, well they haven't found them yet!

My male indoor cat Stewie, loves knocking over the beads when I am making necklaces, and I think he hides waiting for me to get up and leave them alone for 1/2 a second. All over the floor in no time, I don't work with beads much anymore. Bella is the one who will make a mess of the thread, or rolls of ribbon. I finally figured out that she thinks she is helping, so she has her own roll of ribbon, and she is so smart she knows where I keep it!

Both of them will find ways into the sewing room no matter what we do, so I have given up and just let them roam freely, they are good company at night when I sew and they are so funny! if they get to close to the sewing I get out their laser light, they will chase it for hours.
    Give a smile away today, someone you meet might need one!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Twisted Quilter View Post
    I thought I had finally decided on a pattern until I saw this one.

Link didn't paste. I'll be right back!

http://weddingdressblue.wordpress.co...e-is-a-flimsy/
    Cute! I've seen a similar one with 100 patch squares. Thanks for sharing.
    Fraew

"I don't buy vintage quilts. By the time I finish the quilts I've started they've already become antiques." ~ Mark Lipinski
    Link to my albums: http://www.quiltingboard.com/members...85-albums.html

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 ... LastLast