Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Summer 2012 Postage Stamp Squares Swap-Sign up closes 9/15/2012

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mariposa View Post
    *Anyone who wants to send their squares, anytime is fine! **
    did u receive mine yet?
    My Quiltboard Blog
    ~Joy is what happens when we allow ourselves to recognize how good things really are..(Marianne Williamson)
    ~If you can't change your fate, change your attitude.(Amy Tan)
    ~As long as one keeps searching, the answers come.(Joan Baez)

Wow - Looking at all those little pieces was making me dizzy! Amazing stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Havplenty View Post
    here are a variety of pics of postage stamp quilts (psq's) and here is a chart of the numbers of squares needed per the size you cut them. i hope this generates enough interest for you to join us.
    Shannon

Havplenty-- yes, I did. Thanks!
    Be a blessing to others, as you may entertain angels unaware!

Well, I've decided to change from 20 sets to 30. I must be losing my mind. Sending PM to you Mariposa.
    If you choose the behavior, you accept the consequences...Dr. Phil

Twisted - so glad you came to your senses!
    Quote Originally Posted by Twisted Quilter View Post
    Well, I've decided to change from 20 sets to 30. I must be losing my mind. Sending PM to you Mariposa.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sew4nin View Post
    Twisted - so glad you came to your senses!
    Welcome to the looney bin! So glad you could make it.
    Fraew

"I don't buy vintage quilts. By the time I finish the quilts I've started they've already become antiques." ~ Mark Lipinski
    Link to my albums: http://www.quiltingboard.com/members...85-albums.html

Blog Entries
    I am done! yippie skippie, I am done... mailing them to you in the morning!
    Give a smile away today, someone you meet might need one!

Not losing yur mind.. More of having fun with a great bunch of friends.
    Quote Originally Posted by Twisted Quilter View Post

You're just in with all the rest of us that enjoy creating wondrous things with all these little gems!

Blog Entries
    I tried to send you a message needing your address, but your box is full. I have mine ready to go.
    Marcialee

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by marcialee View Post
    I tried to send you a message needing your address, but your box is full. I have mine ready to go.
    sending you a pm now with the mailing address.
    My Quiltboard Blog
    ~Joy is what happens when we allow ourselves to recognize how good things really are..(Marianne Williamson)

marcialee-- I sent you a PM as well~ Thanks Havplenty!

Hi! I'm a "newbie" to your group but I'm really looking forward to playing with you all! I'll be sending in 30 sets from Australia! ...and posting early! LOL

Blog Entries
    Well I really tried to mail my package out today~ but it was not to be! I got to the Post office late, I had no idea that it was almost 5PM, I would have waited, well the mail lady was in a hurry to start her weekend! I wanted to send it to you with a note and I did not have time to write it?! So now I have finished my note and I found a envelope that is going to be reused and will work perfectly... So first thing tomorrow morning when I wake up it will go in the mail! I have to get up in time because the PO is only open for 1 1/2 hours tomorrow...

We only have PO Boxes here in Crestline so you can, and usually do see everyone at the post office, it is a hot place to pick up town gossip, since I hardly know anyone, I am not one to hang out there, I just found out today that the PO is only open from 11:00 to 12:30. Can you imagine driving to work to work just 1.5 hours, maybe they work in the back for a little while too. So If I get up in time I will put it in the mail tomorrow. If not... When is the deadline again?
    Give a smile away today, someone you meet might need one!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Samantha67 View Post
    Hi! I'm a "newbie" to your group but I'm really looking forward to playing with you all! I'll be sending in 30 sets from Australia! ...and posting early! LOL
    Welcome aboard newbie from Northern California! We snagged another one ladies and gents (if applicable). Woo Hoo!!!
    Fraew

"I don't buy vintage quilts. By the time I finish the quilts I've started they've already become antiques." ~ Mark Lipinski
    Link to my albums: http://www.quiltingboard.com/members...85-albums.html

How exciting! Glad you joined us!
    SheriR~

~If you can't turn the corners of your mouth up...let the middle sag!~

"Be not afraid, only believe."

Hi Sam,
    Welcome aboard.

Quote Originally Posted by marytoddliz View Post
    Well I really tried to mail my package out today~ but it was not to be! I got to the Post office late, I had no idea that it was almost 5PM, I would have waited, well the mail lady was in a hurry to start her weekend! I wanted to send it to you with a note and I did not have time to write it?! So now I have finished my note and I found a envelope that is going to be reused and will work perfectly... So first thing tomorrow morning when I wake up it will go in the mail! I have to get up in time because the PO is only open for 1 1/2 hours tomorrow...

We only have PO Boxes here in Crestline so you can, and usually do see everyone at the post office, it is a hot place to pick up town gossip, since I hardly know anyone, I am not one to hang out there, I just found out today that the PO is only open from 11:00 to 12:30. Can you imagine driving to work to work just 1.5 hours, maybe they work in the back for a little while too. So If I get up in time I will put it in the mail tomorrow. If not... When is the deadline again?
    That is pretty scary. We have six post offices within four miles. My P.O is three blocks away. All our mail gets delivered to the house. There are no mail boxes at the curb. Mine is open on Sat from 9-2:30. VS p.o is open late all week, and Sat until 5:00.. Lawrence p.o. is open on Sun 9-1:30.. Some have three people working at a time.. Mine only has two.
    Even though we have the post offices, you probably have air quality!!!!!

marytoddliz-- you have plenty of time!

Our PO is only open M-F 9-5. I'd have to drive 20+ miles to find one open for a few hours on Sat.

Blog Entries
    Welcome, Samantha! I hope I get one of your baggies. I just received one today from one of your countryquilters in another swap. I love these swaps and wish there were more international participants.
    "I keep my end tables full of needlework and quilting so I don't have to dust them." ~ Author Unknown but I agree!

Blog Entries
    hey barri i see you have joined the yahoo postage stamp group. it looks like you and i along (and perhaps others) have been cutting 1000's of these little squares for the various swaps. well i am happy to report i have cut and mailed all of my squares for the 3 different swaps (yahoo, curious quilter, quilt board). now all i need to do is sit back and wait for my little gems to roll in. what anticipation!

mary
    My Quiltboard Blog

Well thank you! I'm sure there would be more of us if people "Down Under" knew about this group. I found it by "chatting in cyberspace" to Barri via another swap (Curious Quilter). Don't worry anyone who swapped with me there...I'm pretty sure 40 of the 50 charms are ones I haven't swapped before!
    I finished packaging them all up last night so they will be in the mail tomorrow morning (Monday). We don't have post on weekends!

Quote Originally Posted by Havplenty View Post
    hey barri i see you have joined the yahoo postage stamp group. it looks like you and i along (and perhaps others) have been cutting 1000's of these little squares for the various swaps. well i am happy to report i have cut and mailed all of my squares for the 3 different swaps (yahoo, curious quilter, quilt board). now all i need to do is sit back and wait for my little gems to roll in. what anticipation!

mary
    Hi Mary,
    I joined the Yahoo swap, but haven't gotten anything about being accepted. I must be insane. I have the envelope for Mariposa ready, but have to hit the P.O... Mom volunteered to go for me, but I hate to impose. She's 84.. I won't have a chance this week, as I'm in one office, and I'm covering.. In other words, working for two. I am hopefully going to Haiti in Oct, and need to save up time.. I also got two new boxes of scraps. I do have a major concern.. I'm not thrilled with my accuracy of cutting. Sheri was nice enough to do a demo on how to cut, and hopefully I will get to try it..

Well thank you! I'm sure there would be more of us if people "Down Under" knew about this group. I found it by "chatting in cyberspace" to Barri via another swap (Curious Quilter). Don't worry anyone who swapped with me there...I'm pretty sure 40 of the 50 charms are ones I haven't swapped before!
    I finished packaging them all up last night so they will be in the mail tomorrow morning (Monday). We don't have post on weekends!
    Sam
    How about spreading the word down under that the US people have squares to swap.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by barri1 View Post
    ....I am hopefully going to Haiti in Oct, and need to save up time.. I also got two new boxes of scraps. I do have a major concern.. I'm not thrilled with my accuracy of cutting. Sheri was nice enough to do a demo on how to cut, and hopefully I will get to try it..
    what will you be doing in haiti? i interviewed with an organization last week with a business in haiti and am just waiting to hear from the director, yeah or nah. i need to get some of these boxes of scraps your receiving. what joy. if you find a solution to cutting your squares more efficiently then your accuracy will follow. there are so many ways to cutting 1.5" squares even from scraps. using the 1.5" corner of a ruler template with scraps should work wonders.

here's hoping you find a good solution for you.
    My Quiltboard Blog

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 ... LastLast