Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Sunbonnet Sue & Overall Sam - Sign ups Close Aug 15, 2011! >

Sunbonnet Sue & Overall Sam - Sign ups Close Aug 15, 2011!

Sunbonnet Sue & Overall Sam - Sign ups Close Aug 15, 2011!

Old 08-29-2011, 06:48 PM

i know her computer is not down because she posted on her website yesterday so she must really have like our blocks i hope she will turn the swap over to someone else and let them finish the swap. i contacted the administrator and she said she would look in to it she probably wont respond to her either i hope if there is not a good explanation that she will not be able to swap on this forum again which is a shame because she does a good job on her blocks
Old 08-30-2011, 02:29 AM

I sent her 3 sets. What is her etsy account ? We all need to bug her on all her sites. I want my blocks back.
Old 08-30-2011, 02:40 AM

I sent her a message. I looked on her Blog. She posted 8/29/2011 so there is nothing wrong with her computer. She just took our blocks for herself. She's not going to send any ones back. So what can we do about this?
Old 08-30-2011, 03:28 AM

maybe she just got overwhelmed and is trying to get it sorted out? I believe she posted somewhere that she teaches? she may just be swamped with the start of school?

Originally Posted by JanetWall
I sent her a message. I looked on her Blog. She posted 8/29/2011 so there is nothing wrong with her computer. She just took our blocks for herself. She's not going to send any ones back. So what can we do about this?
Old 08-30-2011, 03:34 AM

Originally Posted by Short an Sweet
maybe she just got overwhelmed and is trying to get it sorted out? I believe she posted somewhere that she teaches? she may just be swamped with the start of school?

I hope that is correct but we held up to our part she could at least acknowledge that she received them I don't think we will see any blocks on sept 9 the deadline if do not hear I am going to contact her attorney general office this is considered mail fraud
Old 08-30-2011, 04:23 AM

I'm trying really hard not to think that. Surely someone wouldn't post 3,500+ times on a forum just to make off with a bunch of quilt blocks and postage stamps. At least I hope not. :?

However, if it is the case, I can't think of much we can do except utilize the feedback system ... but if she's left the board, feedback would pretty much be pointless. I suppose filing mail fraud is a possibility.

I will mail all blocks back to the participants NO LATER than September 9th.
I guess I'll wait until after Sept. 9 for her to send our blocks back (swapped or unswapped), allowing a few extra days for them to arrive, and then go from there.

If she'd just take 30 seconds to post that she's been busy and is trying to get caught up (or whatever the reason is), it would sure help alleviate folks' concerns. I guess posting on her blog is more important. :hunf:

So frustrating. :cry:
Old 08-30-2011, 04:43 AM

We may just have to swap with just a few of the people we can trust to do the right thing this is a shame that would leave out all new comers the post office will not go after her for the blocks but since we sent a flat rate postage paid that does amount tomail fraud hope she realizes this this really hurts the swaps on this forum I was counting on these blocks to make lap quilts I am going on a mission trip in oct and was going to take to an orphanage but I got to think she was doing something more important than this sorry just venting I could have just kept mine and already have them made let's hope she reads these messages and responds maybe if enough of us post she will respond
Old 08-30-2011, 07:12 AM

I would think with her being contact on her blog. Her etsy and in the mail she would pop in for a few seconds to at least say hi.
I have 6 sues I am going to send them to fromzstore I owe her a block and haven't sent it yet. Then you can use it for your trip.
Old 08-30-2011, 07:16 AM

Originally Posted by Crafty3790
I would think with her being contact on her blog. Her etsy and in the mail she would pop in for a few seconds to at least say hi.
I have 6 sues I am going to send them to fromzstore I owe her a block and haven't sent it yet. Then you can use it for your trip.
thanks but wait and see if it really does not happen dont want you to miss out if the swap goes off

Linda
Old 08-31-2011, 03:01 AM

One more day before there supposed tos be there I guess mine are not going to her.