Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Through the Looking Glass Swap

Blog Entries
    i'm thinking alice's dress and pinafore, dinah the kitten, the mad hatter and the dormouse and a chesspiece, oh, and my favorites- the flamingoes (with or without the hedgehogs!) thanks for the list moonrise! it was a great jog to my memory!!
    The only bad days are the ones you don't get.

You're welcome! Sounds like some great ideas!

I wonder if one of the mods could "sticky" this swap thread so that it stays on top with the other open swaps? It keeps scrolling off to page 2, where it's not as likely to be seen.

We need more folks to join in on the fun!
    Have a wonderful day! If you need to contact me, please use the e-mail address on my profile page. Sometimes I don't get notifications that I have a PM here. Please note that I'm usually unavailable on weekends, but I'll get back to you on Monday.

I've been looking for patterns....don't give up on me yet.
    Adulthood - when you wake up from a nightmare and realize there is no bigger bed to climb into

Keep in mind that it doesn't have to be strictly Alice in Wonderland. You can use cats, there are 3 in the books, tea cups/pots/sets..... mushrooms..... playing cards, hedgehogs, flamingos....... That's all I can come up with just off the top of my head. If I really thought about it I'm sure I could find more

Mailing in the morning!
    Have a wonderful day! If you need to contact me, please use the e-mail address on my profile page. Sometimes I don't get notifications that I have a PM here. Please note that I'm usually unavailable on weekends, but I'll get back to you on Monday.

great ideas, thanks
    Adulthood - when you wake up from a nightmare and realize there is no bigger bed to climb into

Darn... life is being a pain in the rear and I still haven't be able to make some blocks. Do I have any more takers so far?

This is really a swap that gets your creative juices flowing!

I noticed that MSQC has a FQ set that's Alice In Wonderland-themed. It was too pricey for me, but I thought it was cute!

http://www.missouriquiltco.com/adven...-517-16fq.html

It has a 30's-look to it.

I agree that is nice fabric.
    Never look down on anyone, unless you are helping them up.

Hoping more people get in on this fun swap!

How is everyones sewing coming along?

There's still roughly 3 weeks left to sign up! C'mon and join in, folks!

Banned
    Blog Entries
    tempting!!!!

Found this on page 3. How many swappers did we end up with?

Well, as it turned out, I was the only swapper, and I got all of my own blocks back. However, I figured that I may as well make the blocks into a quilt, seeing as how I'd already put a ton of time and money into the swap (embroidery patterns, fabric, postage, etc.). So I made some more blocks to go with the ones I sent in.

Photos of the top are below. The colors are a little off. It's still early in the morning here. They're bright 30's prints on a white-on-white floral background. Not sure yet what I'll do with it. I think it turned out fairly cute.

Name:  alice1.JPG
Views: 42
Size:  410.8 KB

Name:  alice1b.JPG
Views: 44
Size:  351.1 KB

Name:  alice2b.JPG
Views: 41
Size:  366.3 KB

Name:  alice3b.JPG
Views: 43
Size:  366.6 KB

Name:  alice4b.JPG
Views: 43
Size:  362.3 KB

Name:  alice5b.JPG
Views: 47
Size:  364.7 KB

Name:  alice6b.JPG
Size:  354.5 KB

Name:  alice7b.JPG
Size:  346.8 KB

Name:  alice8b.JPG
Views: 47
Size:  366.2 KB

Name:  alice9b.JPG
Size:  370.3 KB

More pics to follow ...
    Last edited by moonrise; 03-27-2013 at 04:35 AM.

Name:  alice10b.JPG
Views: 41
Size:  367.9 KB

Name:  alice11b.JPG
Size:  374.3 KB

Name:  alice12b.JPG
Views: 40
Size:  378.7 KB

Name:  alice132b.JPG
Size:  378.7 KB

That is fabulous!
    What a shame no one else joined you but it is evident you didn't need them anyway!
    Not even the hostess?
    "Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"
    Susan

Blog Entries
    I had decided with my new job i wasnt joining anymore swaps then I saw this one and I thought maybe I could swing it, then I realized it was 2012 not 2013 ROFLMAO maybe I should look at dates FIRST. LOVE the finished quilt
    Live, Laugh & Love, for tomorrow may never come.
    Veronica

Blog Entries
    I wonder if anyone has done a Wizard of Oz swap?
    Live, Laugh & Love, for tomorrow may never come.
    Veronica

moorise quote-Well, as it turned out, I was the only swapper, and I got all of my own blocks back.-quote

I had looked at possibly doing this swap but wasn't sure how to make the characters plus I was in several othert swaps that were going on at the same time. Moonrise you did a wonderful job! I can not believe the host did not participate. I must say that seems strange especially since she had you send it in. Oh well you have a wonderful quilt and atleast got your blocks back.
    Anna Quilts

Quote Originally Posted by Annaquilts View Post
    I had looked at possibly doing this swap but wasn't sure how to make the characters plus I was in several othert swaps that were going on at the same time. Moonrise you did a wonderful job! I can not believe the host did not participate. I must say that seems strange especially since she had you send it in. Oh well you have a wonderful quilt and atleast got your blocks back.
    If I remember correctly, I think I sent my blocks in early, so the hostess couldn't have known at that time that I'd be the only one. It wasn't her fault.

I'd originally posted that I wasn't sure what I'd do with the quilt top (no kids or grandkids or other young family members), but to my surprise, another member PM'ed me about it, and it'll be going to a new home soon.

My husband really liked the "floating blocks" pattern, so I'm going to eventually make another quilt like it, only in a "manly" theme.

Quote Originally Posted by Short an Sweet View Post
    I wonder if anyone has done a Wizard of Oz swap?
    That's a neat idea!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2