Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Valentines Day Mug Rug Swap! Sign Up Closes Jan 2nd! >

Valentines Day Mug Rug Swap! Sign Up Closes Jan 2nd!

Valentines Day Mug Rug Swap! Sign Up Closes Jan 2nd!

Old 01-14-2015, 06:55 PM
Power Poster

we were talking of food and stuff, like cupcakes and candy. are we going to do one like that for a month. a food mugrug. like a bagel or a slice of cake or pizza or a chocolate bar?????
Old 01-14-2015, 07:04 PM

Now Patchesnposies, how am I supposed to answer that Are you suggesting I somehow entice that huge box that stares at me from across the room into opening up so I can see what hides under yonder flaps? I am quite certain what you made for me will be very much enjoyed and bragged about. I hope to use my mug rug enough so that someday I sigh because it became stained from use. That's a good thing, right?

I was merely making conversation and just wondering 'out loud', is all. I went to my stash and couldn't find anything that called to me in my reds but I did find a pieced that yooohoo-ed me for the applique, so from that my, er, your piece was born. Think chocolate covered strawberries...

Now don't you go fretting, you hear? ((hugs))

best,
deb in Maine
Originally Posted by Patchesnposies View Post
Gosh Whigrose, I hope this doesn't mean you don't like what I sent!

Deb
Old 01-14-2015, 07:45 PM

Originally Posted by Whigrose View Post
Now Patchesnposies, how am I supposed to answer that Are you suggesting I somehow entice that huge box that stares at me from across the room into opening up so I can see what hides under yonder flaps? I am quite certain what you made for me will be very much enjoyed and bragged about. I hope to use my mug rug enough so that someday I sigh because it became stained from use. That's a good thing, right?

I was merely making conversation and just wondering 'out loud', is all. I went to my stash and couldn't find anything that called to me in my reds but I did find a pieced that yooohoo-ed me for the applique, so from that my, er, your piece was born. Think chocolate covered strawberries...

Now don't you go fretting, you hear? ((hugs))

best,
deb in Maine
Okay, I won't fret. (yeah sure!) I do want you to open it! I do! I do! I do!
Old 01-14-2015, 08:00 PM

Originally Posted by lynnie View Post
can we see some pictures please?
Terri, you made a great package and a great mugrug.
Kiffie, you snuck into my house last night and took
a picture of my fabric!!!!

Great mugrugs all. hoping my partner will post a picture of what I sent her.
Lynnie,
Lol. That's actually a pic of 1 of several piles of fabrics/scraps I have that I need to offer for sale. Like $10 plus shipping or something.. I'm trying to clean...and I have a lot to go through...

But, I changed my avatar pic back because dear Cheesehead messaged me and she's a lil superstitious, and said maybe my pic of my dh, ds, dgs in their Packers jerseys needed to be put back as my avatar since there's an important game coming up.

As I'm not into football, at all, I didn't give it a thought...
But I love "my" guys, and they love the Packers. So how could I deny Jan, a fellow Cheesehead??

Love the pkg you got Dfelker, Terri did a great job! And thank you for the birthday wishes.
I yike cake, ayot too!!

Regards all,
Kif
Old 01-15-2015, 04:04 AM

He he he...love the avatar Kiffie!!! Yep, the Green Bay Packers are going to need all the help they can get on Sunday. When I first noticed that you had changed your avatar I could only think uh oh. But Kif being the sweetie she is changed it back for game day, woo hoo! Besides, those handsome men in her avatar look great, I may need to get them foam cheeseheads to wear to complete their ensemble. Thanks Kiffie, this superstitious cheesehead can relax just a little more knowing your picture could help for Sunday's game!

Jan
Old 01-15-2015, 05:08 AM

I have to finish one more thing for Sue's mug rug pkg then it will be off to her! I just have to find the right little thing I'm going for? Hope she likes what I'll be sending!

P.S. I weighed in yesterday and now I'm down 45.4lbs Woo Hoo!
Old 01-15-2015, 05:09 AM

Sewred congratulations on the weight loss. You go girl!!!
Old 01-15-2015, 05:48 AM

Sewred that's great news on your weight loss!

Jan
Old 01-15-2015, 06:46 AM

The icy weather and flu season has me pulling extra shifts. Last night I arrived home after a long shift to find a package from my swap partner. I'm heading out to pull another long shift. Getting home to open my box is going to help me make it through this day. I can't wait.
I'm working on my swap partner mug rug during breaks. It's not a conventional valentine mug rug. A hint- it does have a heart on it and it's her favorite colors of blue, green and brown.
Old 01-15-2015, 06:52 AM

Originally Posted by Cheesehead View Post
He he he...love the avatar Kiffie!!! Yep, the Green Bay Packers are going to need all the help they can get on Sunday. When I first noticed that you had changed your avatar I could only think uh oh. But Kif being the sweetie she is changed it back for game day, woo hoo! Besides, those handsome men in her avatar look great, I may need to get them foam cheeseheads to wear to complete their ensemble. Thanks Kiffie, this superstitious cheesehead can relax just a little more knowing your picture could help for Sunday's game!

Jan
Lol. You're welcome!
My son has a foam Cheesehead.
I need to see if they make small ones for my grandson. That'd be a hoot...and my son would love it! My hubby, too!! They've tried the regular one on the baby..just kinda held it on him for a pic, as of course it's way too big.

As I pm'd you, they all have a lot of Packers stuff. Of course it'd be much easier to find stuff (probably cheaper too, since we're in Cowboy country) if they were Cowboys fans. I can see dh and ds shuddering and giving me ' the stink eye" if they knew I said that. Lol.

In the spirit of family and QB Cheeseheads, "Go Pack!"

In the spirit of weight loss, "Go Sewred!"
Kif