Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 5 6

Thread: VOTE For The Next Block Swap

Well, ok, I will look forward to the next swap if choc/rasp are the chosen colors!!

I love doing the sampler blocks!! That way if I pick a difficult block, I can pick another and do a good job on it :D

Fall it is for this swap and I vote for Raspberry/Cream/Chocolate for the next one. I vote for a sampler rather than twelve identical blocks. Also, please detail exactly how you intend to organize and operate this Fall swap, since this is my first (I'm sorta a virgin with any Internet Swap).
    Thank you for suggesting and organizing what will be a fun project.
    Bellesabob

Smack dab between Dallas and Tyler, Texas
    Like Klue I'll be looking at both sets of fabric color options now.

Ok. I'm new to the official swap thing. Do I pick my own pattern or do we have an assigned one. I'd still love to be in. Thanks!

I vote for the chocolate raspberry.

Sharon

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucket
    Ok. I'm new to the official swap thing. Do I pick my own pattern or do we have an assigned one. I'd still love to be in. Thanks!
    you pick your own block.

the swap has already started and here's the link - head on over and let colletta know which block you'll be doing

http://www.quiltingboard.com/posts/list/24742.page

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by brewsa
    I vote for the chocolate raspberry.

Sharon
    the voting is officially over and we're doing fall this time and then right after that we're doing chocolate and raspberry.

here's the link for the fall block swap - if you'd like to sign up for that

http://www.quiltingboard.com/posts/list/24742.page

Yippee, it's Fall. HOWEVER, I went to a quilt show that had a beautiful quilt from chocolate and raspberries, sampler style. Here's a preview of it. (for next time - just to get ready) oops, it looks more green than chocolate in this photo. But it's a nice idea. . .
    Attached Images Attached Images

Banned
    it looks green to me.

those pieces are actually chocolate brown?

Fall colors.

OK here is my question.......if we choose a block, let you know which one...then we make 12 blocks to equal 1 set, correct? Now i think i read we can use different fall fabrics in that block, but the same block? So if we want to do 2 sets and ge back 24 blocks we choose another block, do I have it right so far? Here is the question..........i have done so many block of the months from my quilt shop near by and some of them do not have names that i know of........so........could i do one of those? or do i have to show you a pic of it and see if someone knows the name? I have lots of bom i did enjoy doing and could just SEE it in fall colors.......thanks for listening to me......my vote is for doing different blocks.......not using the same one......and secondly......for the next swap do not re vote......just go to choc/raspberry/cream. Thanks for listening.......I too will start collecting more material.......right now i am trying to finishe up my chicken quilt ha.....

community benefactor collettakay's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sew and Sew
    OK here is my question.......if we choose a block, let you know which one...then we make 12 blocks to equal 1 set, correct? Now i think i read we can use different fall fabrics in that block, but the same block? So if we want to do 2 sets and ge back 24 blocks we choose another block, do I have it right so far? Here is the question..........i have done so many block of the months from my quilt shop near by and some of them do not have names that i know of........so........could i do one of those? or do i have to show you a pic of it and see if someone knows the name? I have lots of bom i did enjoy doing and could just SEE it in fall colors.......thanks for listening to me......my vote is for doing different blocks.......not using the same one......and secondly......for the next swap do not re vote......just go to choc/raspberry/cream. Thanks for listening.......I too will start collecting more material.......right now i am trying to finishe up my chicken quilt ha.....
    You have it right. You can use one of your BOM block patterns. Have fun!

Oh I forgot to ask.....is the deadline for you receiving the finished blocks on October 31st?

Smack dab between Dallas and Tyler, Texas
    Sew and Sew - please look on the Fall Block Swap thread to find the details of the Fall Block Swap.

Just thinking ahead: On the raspberry/chocolate swap, will it be only the burgandy, browns and cream? I remember in the blue/white swap we decided to have no little yellow flowers, etc. Think we'll do this one the same way; like no little blue accent's, etc.?? I know, I know, I'm jumping the gun by several months, but it's never too early to shop!!

Colletta,
    Have you set a cut off date to enter the fall block swap. I just saw the thread but need to think about it a day or two. I'm really into fall colors right now and would love to join but need to check some things first.
    Muriel

My suggestion for one of the future block swaps would be to reduce the number in a set to 6. I think it would be fun to have lots of different block patterns (and I get a little bored with making 12 of the same block). Just a little suggestion. . .
    Thanks!

Blog Entries
    chocolate raspberry! sounds fun! although i dont like to eat chocolate or raspberries! but the colors are cool!!!

mine is chocolate raspberry

Banned
    colletta just put up the thread for the new raspberry chocolate swap

here's the link

http://www.quiltingboard.com/posts/list/28454.page

I would like fall colors please. I am new here and can't wait for whatever you choose!

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 5 6