VOTE For The Next Block Swap >

VOTE For The Next Block Swap

VOTE For The Next Block Swap

Old 08-26-2009, 10:37 AM

chocolate raspberry for me i doo fall all the time
Old 08-26-2009, 11:20 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by alaskasunshine
Making myself a cuppa hot chocolate and lookin' at our trees turning yellow here in Alaska. Darn I wish we had the fall colors you do Klue. :mrgreen: If I were to curl up in a blanket right now it would be a fall inspired one. All those lucious reddish,golds and touches of green that seem to try threi best to sstay just a bit longer. As long as Colletta doesn't suggest a "blue & white" block for winter (snow) I'll be fine! :shock: ....LOL :D :D :D :D
maybe we can hang out together. i've always wanted to go to alaksa.

you can come here and stay with me and i'll tour you around NY and then i'm come by you.
Old 08-26-2009, 03:17 PM

I'd like to participate in Fall colors. Lets see, sew the blocks now, wait for the exchange, get 'em back, set it all together, have it READY for next Fall! A nice schedule and I'd love it!
Old 08-26-2009, 03:18 PM

Originally Posted by saravincent
I'd like to participate in Fall colors. Lets see, sew the blocks now, wait for the exchange, get 'em back, set it all together, have it READY for next Fall! A nice schedule and I'd love it!
:lol: :lol: That's what I was thinking -- could "possibly" have it done by next fall :lol: :lol:
Old 08-26-2009, 04:16 PM

O.K. Klue don't tempt me with that one my husband would jump quicker than you think and you'd have guests. We both would love that. We took a cruise out of N.Y. for our 30th anniversary. We always wish we could have stayed there to sight see.

Gotta run my sweetie wants to go golf!
Old 08-26-2009, 07:49 PM

Ok I know I was unsure about what to vote, and to be honest I would love any of them..........I will vote for chocolate/raspberry and i think you said we could use cream with it........so that is my final answer..........but........if it does not win............i do love the fall.......that is why i have so many fall.........but it is my favorite time of year. I have not been in one of these swaps before. How does it work? Hom many do we make of the blocks? and do they all have to be the same or can they be different? Sorry for all the questions. Thanks you guys for being patient with me.
Old 08-26-2009, 08:21 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Sew and Sew
Ok I know I was unsure about what to vote, and to be honest I would love any of them..........I will vote for chocolate/raspberry and i think you said we could use cream with it........so that is my final answer..........but........if it does not win............i do love the fall.......that is why i have so many fall.........but it is my favorite time of year. I have not been in one of these swaps before. How does it work? Hom many do we make of the blocks? and do they all have to be the same or can they be different? Sorry for all the questions. Thanks you guys for being patient with me.
i'm not colletta but i'll answer the questions, i'm sure she's sleeping and i'm still wide awake.

1 set consists of 12 blocks, all the same block design, and you can use different fabrics as long as its within the color guidelines - some people like to use fat quarters to make the blocks and thats fine.

you have to wash the fabric before making the blocks.

each block measures 12.5 inches unfinished that way when people sew them into a project they finish at 12 inches.

some people do as many sets that will allow them to receive one of every blocks being made.

for example, if 36 people are in the swap you would have to make 3 sets in order to receive 1 of each block.

when your set(s) are complete you just email colletta for her address and send them in allow with a prepaid self address envelope. make sure to pin or stick a label on each block with your forum user name.

once colletta has rec'd everyones blocks she will mail back 1 of your blocks and 11 blocks from other people in the swap.

i think that covers everything but if i missed something i'm sure someone will post it.

Old 08-26-2009, 08:30 PM

Thank you Klue for all of this information. I too am up late. Went to the doctor today with my back pain, and the steroids are keeping me wired. Thanks again. Very clear instructions. I love the idea of using the same block , but can use different fabrics. How in the world by the way do you have the time to be in so many exchanges. You are super woman.
Old 08-27-2009, 04:45 AM

I vote Choc Raz if its not to late to vote
Cher
Old 08-27-2009, 06:43 AM

christmas