Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Wall Hanging Swap for March - June 2017 >

Wall Hanging Swap for March - June 2017

Wall Hanging Swap for March - June 2017

Old 06-12-2017, 09:39 AM

Thank you Rhonda I will definitely try this out.
Old 06-12-2017, 05:40 PM

All printed up with your update. Will try it soon. It is so nice!
Old 06-16-2017, 06:04 PM

Hello ladies well I got my WHing from my LQS all quilted just need to do the binding. I have a question for you quilting experts should I put a hanger on the back or not I know there was a tutorial posted on how to do one but just wanted to see what the majority of you all think. I do remember a post one of the ladies made saying she did not that she let the partner decide how to hang it I know that some of you use the clip things. Ok I am just blabbering now here is a picture I laid the material for the border on it so you could get an ideal of what it would look like the quilting is actually done in blue.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]574741[/ATTACH]

Last edited by Armylady2012; 08-31-2020 at 09:08 PM.
Old 06-16-2017, 06:13 PM
Power Poster

I've been meaning to post this suggestion for hanging a wall hanging. I buy the metal picture hangers that you use nails or screws to put them on the back of a wood picture frame. I sew through the holes and sew the hangers onto the back of my wall hanging. It works just fine. It's a quick fix and isn't any more difficult than sewing on a button or a snap.

I know some like to add a sleeve for a hanger or fold a square and sew it into the top corners of the backing. I hate adding hangers to my wall hanging that way. LOL I'm just too lazy. but I like sewing on the little metal hangers. it is quick and easy. Tho I have used the corner squares idea and it works well also.

I do not require you to add any sort of hangers. I leave that entirely up to you.

To tell you the truth I staple my wall hangings/doll quilts to my wall. It is quick and easy and even tho there is a pinprick I don't think it hurts the fabric. It's no more damaging than putting pins in your quilt. I've done this for years and never had any problem with any damage.
Old 06-16-2017, 06:15 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Armylady2012 View Post
Hello ladies well I got my WHing from my LQS all quilted just need to do the binding. I have a question for you quilting experts should I put a hanger on the back or not I know there was a tutorial posted on how to do one but just wanted to see what the majority of you all think. I do remember a post one of the ladies made saying she did not that she let the partner decide how to hang it I know that some of you use the clip things. Ok I am just blabbering now here is a picture I laid the material for the border on it so you could get an ideal of what it would look like the quilting is actually done in blue.
Love it Armylady and I love that you had the stitching done in blue. I'll have to remember that. tho I'm no good at FMQ and when I stid I try to hide the stitching LOL
Old 06-16-2017, 06:16 PM
Power Poster

THanks ladies on the nice comments about my tablerunner. I am looking forward to seeing pictures of all those tablerunners! You can use it for a wall hanging too ya know.
Old 06-17-2017, 04:12 AM

I haven't been on here much, been swamped with my garden and my pond! And as much as I love quilting, spending time outside is MUCH more fun! (I spend about 4-5 months hibernating during our winters that when the nice weather finally comes along I can't stay in!)

I have been able to practice my hand quilting in the gazebo, which has been fun!

Everyone's WHs look amazing!!!

Mine has been done for a while since I knew I wouldn't be doing much come end of May beginning of June.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]574752[/ATTACH]

There are also two other blocks, but the colours didn't go so well, but I will be sending those with the WH as well as a print out of the free pp pattern that I got online!

Hope everyone is having a great summer ... and I can't wait to see whose name I get for the exchange!
Attached Thumbnails img_1556.jpg  
Old 06-17-2017, 10:06 AM
Power Poster

Very pretty WHing Marion. This palm pattern has been on my toodo list for a long time. The weather is something to take advantage of when you have only a few months to play outside. Would love to see the progression of your pond.
Old 06-17-2017, 10:22 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Armylady2012 View Post
It is wonderful armylady. As far as a hanger goes, personally I am not bothered by not having one on what I receive. There are so many options on hanging these littles. I do add them to my work because the hanger for me is more of a signature place for the info I want to add to the quilt. They can still be used as a table topper, mug rug or any other use you can think of.
Old 06-17-2017, 01:02 PM

Beautiful wall hangings -- I love both of them. Mine is far enough along that I figure I can post a work in progress. I hope to get the batting and backing on tomorrow, then I have almost two weeks to quilt it. I named it "Hanging by a Thread".

[ATTACH=CONFIG]574780[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails hanging-thread.jpg