Winter 2018 I Spy Swap

Old 04-11-2018, 05:09 PM

Originally Posted by redstilettos View Post
I had so much fun with this swap. I can't wait for the next one. When do they normally happen? Quarterly? Or more often?

I'm going to Nancy's Notions big quilting weekend, and she always has fq's at great prices. Now I'll start looking for novelty fabrics, too. Well...along with everything else!
Red - I must have skipped over this part of your comment...Guess I got stuck on grandbabies, fun and whew.. king sized quilts!

I have tried having 4 or so swaps in a year. We just have not had the participation to do them monthly as was done a couple of years ago.

Have fun at the Nancy's Notions weekend - would love it. And fat quarters are great for this - gives you plenty plus a couple to keep.

Will PM everyone when I have the next swap posted. Will do it in the next couple of weeks - I like to give 6 weeks or so time to get fabric, charms cut, and then mailed.
Old 04-20-2018, 04:01 PM

How is everyone getting the itrader to work. I tried following the directions and still can't get it to work-uggg
Old 04-20-2018, 06:23 PM

I have been wondering the same thing!
Originally Posted by Bullock2us View Post
How is everyone getting the itrader to work. I tried following the directions and still can't get it to work-uggg
Old 05-06-2018, 06:32 PM

What I have had to do to get it to work is - go to the person's posting on a page (or go to their profile and click on last post etc), then at the bottom on the left side, click on feedback score, then on the right hand side of the page, click leave feedback. Fill in Trade, Rating - then this is where I had problems - I couldn't not get it to work when I put in a link to the swap.
Then leave a comment.

If anyone has an easier way to leave feedback, please let us know!
Old 06-22-2018, 02:57 PM

Just checking in to see how everyone is doing, and to see if there's going to be another I-Spy swap.
Old 07-13-2018, 07:00 AM

I think Rena is having some health problems (or at least she was a few weeks ago).

If there is enough interest right now, someone can PM Rena and see if she's up to hosting at this time. Someone could sub for her if she's not up to it.

There's a lot of work involved in hosting. Mostly, it's getting the word out that a swap is in progress. We're stuck away in this little corner of the internet, so few people know there's a swap going on. If you mention it on the main forum, your post will be deleted or moved unless it's part of a larger post. So even publicizing it on this forum is difficult. Rena sent PMs to all the people who have participated before. She seems to come up with enough participants to make them successful, however she does it.

In addition, you have to deal with the people who don't mail on time, or don't cut correctly, or don't like the way the swap is set up or send in fabric that doesn't meet the criteria. Doing the actual swap is easy. Getting the people to participate and follow the rules is the difficult part.

Of course, you have to respond to all the questions which involves checking the website almost daily.

If anyone wants to substitute host for Rena, I suggest you check with Patrice J (the moderator for this swap) and ask her what procedure to follow before PMing Rena. I believe that all hosts have to be cleared by Patrice J.

bkay
Old 07-13-2018, 02:30 PM

I noticed that Rena was posting on Facebook. She must be OK.

So, if people are interested in a swap at this time, post here that you are ready.

bkay
Old 07-14-2018, 05:45 AM

As bkay said - I have quite ill for the last several months. I have posted a little on FB, but I am not up to hosting a swap at this time. I am not dependable to keep on top of the forum, and sending out all of the pm's I send out to try to let people know the swap is up and posting wherever I can to get new participants, etc.

So if anyone wants to step in for me for a bit, you are welcome. I will help to get you started.

Rena