Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • Winter Themed 12.5 Block Swap >
  • Winter Themed 12.5 Block Swap

• Winter Themed 12.5 Block Swap

Old 09-07-2017, 04:51 PM

My 4 sets were mailed today : )
    Old 09-07-2017, 07:12 PM

Linda thank you I will keep an eye out for them and let you know when they arrive.
    Old 09-07-2017, 07:15 PM

cuppy please be safe and keep us updated on how you and your family are doing, sending prayers your way and prayer for anyone else who may be in the path of Irma.
    Old 09-08-2017, 10:21 AM

I signed on to wish cuppy well and safe - and everyone else in Irma's way. My sister is in central FL and staying put. I've got the weather channel on everyday.

My blocks: in progress. Had cataract surgery yesterday, with more to follow in 2 weeks. Plugging along at a snail's pace. I should make a snail pattern The Christmas snail, who arrives in July. My snow owl block is almost done.
    Old 09-08-2017, 02:25 PM

This is snownannie. I plan to send 20+1 block. Been having problems with my CHF so a little slow going. I have 3 sets done. Working on the 4th. Will post pictures later.
    Old 09-09-2017, 12:41 PM

Here's my "snow owl" sample block ... totally understand making sample blocks now!
    On this one, which is applique and embroidery, the pieces making up the design need to be streamlined. Was winging it (no pun intended) finishing the branch. Idea was to make it not a cartoon, to make a more realistic depiction. If I make a set of these, they will look a little different.

Oh, and the color in background is as a mauve purple...on my screen it looks slightly brown but it's not.
    Attached Thumbnails 20170909_120733.jpg  
    Old 09-09-2017, 01:04 PM

Linda and Javin I received your blocks today and ladies they are more beautiful in person they are going to add to everyone's beautiful quilt.

K-roll I really love the snow owl. I hope you heal quick from your eye surgeries.
    Old 09-10-2017, 05:32 AM

Hope everyone is staying safe! And, K-roll, hope your future surgery goes well too.

I am just about done with my final set of blocks. About midnight I decided to work on the final set, but didn't have access to a printer. So, I designed my own paper pieced block, with just paper, a pencil, and a ruler (I did have access to a copier). I got it all pieced before it was time to put stuff away, but didn't get to see the finished block quite yet. I plan to pull off the paper tonight and then add any edges to get it to the 12 1/2" size. I did make the mistake of cutting the top off one side before putting them together (the other side didn't have a corresponding cut off point, just the top of the paper), and the only seam to match was one at an angle. So... that may be off just a touch, but it looks like they didn't turn out too bad for something I just came up with!

I'll post pictures tonight when I can work on them again. I had to use a different color than I wanted, but mostly because the only workable background I had was white, and couldn't have that in both spots. So, it coordinates with the presents
    Old 09-10-2017, 07:40 AM

K-Roll I think your snow owl is very clever for the winter swap and adorable too. I hope your surgery goes well.

I'll look forward to seeing your paper piece block sleepy hollow. I know paper piecing takes time. I'm posting my last set.

Here is my last set a snowman globe. ArmyLady please put me down for 4 sets +1. Thanks!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]580305[/ATTACH]
    Attached Thumbnails snowman-globe.png  
    Old 09-10-2017, 08:46 AM
    Power Poster

Oh my gosh K roll! I love your snow owl! I am crossing my fingers that I get one for my own.