Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Winter/Winter Holiday Block Swap >

Winter/Winter Holiday Block Swap

Winter/Winter Holiday Block Swap

Old 10-18-2014, 04:44 PM

Received my blocks today also, and are they beautiful!!! There are alot of extremely talented ladies in this group and I would love to thank each and every one of you for the blocks. I know that nothing will be made this year with the blocks, but with the help of my quilting buddy I know that I will be able to make a good size quilt. We both have design walls and I will just gather all the blocks I received in this swap, plus what I have set aside and we will spend a few hours planning something. I usually go at things willy nilly and Mary is great at the math part.

Also, I don't smoke and thank goodness, no one else in the house smokes any longer - they use those vapor things, but I didn't smell anything when I opened my package, but then my friend Mary says that I am used to the smell and probably wouldn't notice anything.

And last, but not least, a really big THANK YOU tgo Red Garnet for being such a great hostess.
Old 10-18-2014, 05:05 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Judith1005 View Post
Ya know, I would love to host a few swaps next year. (There are very few hosting different block swaps this year.) I am an active member. I have the time and am extremely organized. But, I probably won't volunteer because, I don't want to offend anyone. I keep my fabrics separate, I wash everything. I put a lot of thought into my blocks. I try to make them as perfect as I know how. I follow through with every commitment I make on this board in the swaps to the very best of my ability. And the argument for smoking/non smoking offends me.

Now girls ... all is good, don't worry. It could have come from the huge northern California forest fire that blanketed my area (all of reno really) for a week and a half or better. It blew in here and just stayed like a London fog for a while. It was terrible, I could hardly breathe. Check with the tv station news, it was bad!

I don't want you to be offended Judith. I didn't smell any smoke while I was swapping out. I did have the whole house open that day (not smoky outside) and it was a pleasant doing it with that sweet breeze blowing though.

I know sometimes I do smell something, but I think it is fabric that lives in a different state. Does that make sense? I know north Carolina fog always smelled to me like cooking broccoli in Fairview where I lived. LOL!

And one more thing ... I love the sparkly fabric, but it sometimes smells funny to me. Maybe that is what she smelled.

Last edited by RedGarnet222; 10-18-2014 at 05:11 PM.
Old 10-18-2014, 05:10 PM

I didn't mean to cause such an uproar. I was just stating my feelings and if I offended anybody, I'm truly sorry.
Old 10-18-2014, 06:44 PM

Yippee! I got my blocks today! CookyIN, I fear I might have left my name off my blocks...I sent a cardinal in aspen trees, a red and green granny square, stamps fabric with a letter to Santa, a pieced gift block (wrapped in Santa paper - with sunglasses) and....hmmm, thinking, thinking, a pink and turquoise candy jar? One more? Isn't that terrible...

anyway, here is what I received. Thank you everyone! And thank you, Red! Seriously fun.
Attached Thumbnails image.jpg  
Old 10-18-2014, 07:07 PM

What a beautiful assortment. Can't wait till mine arrive.
Old 10-18-2014, 08:05 PM

I received my blocks today. Thanks to everyone. I love my blocks!!

RedGarnet222 Thank you for hosting and all the work that goes into it. I know how much you do for all of us. Thank you!
Old 10-18-2014, 08:06 PM

I will post my blocks in the next couple days.
Old 10-19-2014, 04:53 AM

Thanks so much everyone. I got my beautiful blocks yesterday. I was just too tired to post last night. I am excited to put the quilt together. Great Job!!
Sandy, thanks so much for hosting, you did a wonderful job.
Old 10-19-2014, 08:39 AM

Originally Posted by PeginCO View Post
Yippee! I got my blocks today! ...
PeginCo, thanks for posting a photo! Gosh, what a great assortment. Should make a lovely quilt.
Old 10-19-2014, 12:04 PM

So it turns out I did receive mine yesterday. Silly husband left the mail in his truck!
Thank you ladies for all the lovely blocks! While this is not the final layout - I was having so much fun playing with them. Adding a couple I made but didn't send as they were a little off measurement.

Attached Thumbnails received.jpg