Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Winter/Winter Holiday Block Swap >

Winter/Winter Holiday Block Swap

Winter/Winter Holiday Block Swap

Old 01-25-2015, 05:42 AM

Red, you're a wonderful hostess, and I just have to chime in here. You are in no way to blame for the PO's errors. Please don't let it eat you up inside that a package went astray -- and yes, I realize that it has happened on both your Halloween and Christmas swaps. It looks like angels have jumped in here to make up the missing blocks. Maybe if you host future block swaps -- fingers crossed -- everyone could be encouraged to include just one extra block in their packages to you (that wouldn't have been any problem at all for me to do at the time and wouldn't have added to the postage). That way if someone doesn't get theirs, you'd have blocks to send. If no one needs them, you could either keep them as a thank you for hosting the swap, donate them, or give them as a prize in a final group game. Please consider this as an option.

Last edited by CookyIN; 01-25-2015 at 05:43 AM. Reason: change
Old 01-25-2015, 08:39 AM
Power Poster

I am very pleased to hear you girls have enjoyed my swaps. You are very sweet to comment and help me to get over the stress of these last mishaps of the swaps. Thank you all so much.

We still haven't heard from donna whether she got the replacement block package and the other angel blocks. Have you donna? Inquiring minds want to know... LOL!

Last edited by RedGarnet222; 01-25-2015 at 08:42 AM.
Old 01-25-2015, 02:33 PM

This is a wonderful idea to send in a couple extras in case of mishap. I believe, I will be doing this every time.
Originally Posted by CookyIN View Post
Red, you're a wonderful hostess, and I just have to chime in here. You are in no way to blame for the PO's errors. Please don't let it eat you up inside that a package went astray -- and yes, I realize that it has happened on both your Halloween and Christmas swaps. It looks like angels have jumped in here to make up the missing blocks. Maybe if you host future block swaps -- fingers crossed -- everyone could be encouraged to include just one extra block in their packages to you (that wouldn't have been any problem at all for me to do at the time and wouldn't have added to the postage). That way if someone doesn't get theirs, you'd have blocks to send. If no one needs them, you could either keep them as a thank you for hosting the swap, donate them, or give them as a prize in a final group game. Please consider this as an option.
Old 01-25-2015, 08:05 PM

The package has arrived! Woot~Woot! Thank you Red. But I still wish they would find the first one......but oh well! Thanks again for the blocks they are lovely....

I am still appealing the first package! they need to be responsible for the loss! I was also told by one of the PO employee's that the first package was damage. Well maybe they need to start being a little bit careful when handling the mail....

Last edited by Lv2sew2011; 01-25-2015 at 08:11 PM.
Old 01-26-2015, 06:41 AM

I am so happy you received the second package. I agree with you and keep the appeal going. They do need to be more careful.
I love the idea to send in a couple extra and it wouldn't be a problem for me either. Like you said it wouldn't cost us anymore to ship them.
Old 01-26-2015, 10:10 AM
Power Poster

Well.... after months of trying to straighten this out, the post office had better send you the fifty dollar insurance at least! For heaven's sake donna, I can hardly believe you have received it. After all, they delivered the first package to the wrong person somewhere, didn't they?

Did any of the the other girls send to you? I am curious to hear if you got your original 24 amount of blocks. I could only come up with the 17 as extras from my stash to send you from my left overs from years of swaps.
Old 01-26-2015, 01:39 PM

No they haven't and I'm ok with that. No biggie. They don't need to go out of the way to do more blocks...Besides I didn't even give them my address....LOL I'm good!!!

Originally Posted by RedGarnet222 View Post
Well.... after months of trying to straighten this out, the post office had better send you the fifty dollar insurance at least! For heaven's sake donna, I can hardly believe you have received it. After all, they delivered the first package to the wrong person somewhere, didn't they?

Did any of the the other girls send to you? I am curious to hear if you got your original 24 amount of blocks. I could only come up with the 17 as extras from my stash to send you from my left overs from years of swaps.
Old 01-26-2015, 04:36 PM

Originally Posted by RedGarnet222 View Post

I am glad at least that one got there, what a nightmare. a few of us asked that she pm her address and we would also send blocks I never heard from her, I don't know about the others.
Old 01-27-2015, 09:14 AM
Power Poster

You are very sweet to help her out billi. And the other gals too! I am thinking donna was waiting to see if the other package would show up by some miracle.

Thank you to everyone who has been so kind to her and me during this stressful time. It means a lot to me.
Old 01-31-2015, 06:47 PM
Power Poster

Whoever sent a package to lv2sew with my return address on it was so sweet. Thank you so much mystery person!