Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: "A WOMAN"S FAVORITE THINGS" funky swap... sign up closes August 15th

I love that purse hoppyfrog! Like I said before, wouldn't it be fun to have a real one to wear?
    RedGarnet222

"Take your needle, my child, and work at your pattern ... It will come out a rose by and by. Life is like that ...one stitch at a time, taken patiently."
    *Oliver Wendell Holms

Blog Entries
    Okay, I am so jealous and now kicking myself. I had dh talked into purchasing an embroidery machine and I then decided to wait till next tax season to get one. Why oh Why did I do that. Looking at all the embroidered blocks on her makes me wonder did I make the WRONG decision. Now wishing I would have bit the bullet and my blocks would be done instead of trying to carve out the time to try and hand embroider some of the ones I would like to do. Ever wondered if maybe you responsible side is taking some of the fun out of things. I do.LOL Green with envy in West Virginia.

I know mdall. But, I suppose there is nothing to be done about it now. Right? I wouldn't want you to agonized all year over that.

In the mean time, if you know you are going to for sure get one, you could begin to read up on the machines and get the one that will do all the things you are dreaming about. Also, I suggest that you go ahead and begin buying some of the threads, stablizers and designs (if you know which one you will be getting). Those all cost good money too.
    Last edited by RedGarnet222; 06-14-2012 at 06:54 AM.
    RedGarnet222

"Take your needle, my child, and work at your pattern ... It will come out a rose by and by. Life is like that ...one stitch at a time, taken patiently."
    *Oliver Wendell Holms

Blog Entries
    Also mdall there is an embroidery thread on the QB that you can start reading abouthe different things to learn and which threads and stabilizers are better to buy. one I just piced up at the viking dealership (stabilizer) is so faburlous and has a grid on it to help line things up. I just can' remember the brand. I have to go and buy some more. The best part of it is that it dissolves in water so all the stabilizer will be gone once washed and it is soft but firm. I am not doing all my blocks with embroidery because I love the variety of pieced as well so a set of mine will be just pieced fabric. And HAND EMBROIDERY will be an awesome touch to our beautiful quilts. I am envious when ladies get to do that beautiful hand work. I have difficulties with it.
    Life is short, live it while you still can. QuilterMomma

Second set finished. Now off to figure out what set three will be.
    Attached Images Attached Images

hoppyfrog, that is cute.

Blog Entries
    omgoodness, hoppyfrog, both of those blocks are so cute!!
    My little shinning stars. Brantley, Kaylynn, and Emmalee

Blog Entries
    Be sure to do your part and vote on the Best Block Contest over in Challenges category.

Quote Originally Posted by RedGarnet222 View Post
    Hi Robbi!,
    I hope you join us and share your blocks if you can. :~)
    Hi, I've been doing graduations (one from high school and one from The Ohio State Univ. and now on to the finish up details for the party) have to do this stuff, then smooth sailing to do my blocks. I have them floating in my mind as I finish my graduation gifts. Goal is by the end of the month for the pics. Robbi
    Robbi

Quote Originally Posted by hoppyfrog View Post
    Second set finished. Now off to figure out what set three will be.
    Love the block, is it paper pieced and if so from where, cuz its too cool and I plan to do at least one flamingo for me (PP) and what a cool wallhaghing that would make.
    Robbi

Blog Entries
    Hi mdall, I don't have one either. But my mom has one. It's just a simple one. It does have a nice selection of interesting stitches. But, she's a good sharer. But, it will not do what these ladies can do. That's why it's nice to join the swaps. Because sometimes, I get some of the embroidery ones. And they get some of my pieced and applique one.

Quote Originally Posted by mdall View Post
    Okay, I am so jealous and now kicking myself. I had dh talked into purchasing an embroidery machine and I then decided to wait till next tax season to get one. Why oh Why did I do that. Looking at all the embroidered blocks on her makes me wonder did I make the WRONG decision. Now wishing I would have bit the bullet and my blocks would be done instead of trying to carve out the time to try and hand embroider some of the ones I would like to do. Ever wondered if maybe you responsible side is taking some of the fun out of things. I do.LOL Green with envy in West Virginia.

Quote Originally Posted by Robbi24 View Post
    Love the block, is it paper pieced and if so from where, cuz its too cool and I plan to do at least one flamingo for me (PP) and what a cool wallhaghing that would make.
    Robbi, Thanks, the block is in my EQ7. I changed the sail a bit, I wanted a mast on the boat. I don't know if I can link it to the site or not but I'll try later.

Hi Everyone! Gardening and summer home projects have been keeping me busy. Which is pretty hard because my dang knee is giving me serious trouble the last couple days. :~(

I just love the sailing boat! How cute is that. Reminds me of the song christopher cross sang about sailing. Anyone remember that ?? Sailing takes me away.....

I just bought three more machine design cards for the bernina artista. It seems like they are begining to phase out the cards and have put lots of them on sale on ebay. I figure, while I can, I will buy them. Normally they are sixty dollars and up! I don't know about you gals, but that is a lot of money to me! Then there is needles, stabilizers and threads. This is not an inexpensive hobby. I can tell you that.

I hope everyone is loving working on this swap. I look forward to seeing all of your favorite things, girls.
    RedGarnet222

*Oliver Wendell Holms

Blog Entries
    I must count my blessings then, because when I bought my machine in 2006, they were closing the model out, 165, so I got a great deal, the machine, embroidery module, thread, and the program V4, all together for $2k. Was a smoking deal and there is no sales tax in Montana so did not have to pay that. I get to buy the designs online and I sit and wait till they are $1 or $1.20 per design or packs are half price. I know OESD are expensive but have some pretty designs I like to buy. No cards though. You might want to consider buying the program so you can download designs a bit cheaper. Just a thought.

I have another newer bernina aurora 440 that is a downloadable embroidery machine too. But, I wanted to have these cards to make the artista 180 as functional as possible. I also bought a majic card maker/converter that you can download onto a blank artista card and I can use the downloadables on the 180. I guess you can say, I caught the embroidery bug... LOL! Now to find the time to use it all.
    RedGarnet222

*Oliver Wendell Holms

I have and Artista and and Aurora Bernina too. I should look at the numbers on them. LOL. I have a question.
    I would like to do tea pots. If I do one set in one color and then another set in a different color etc. Is that ok? or do the sets have to be completely different? I will be embroidering these so I would like to know before I spend all that time working on them.
    Dreaming of New England while being stuck in So. Calif.(the asphalt jungle of the world.) But hey the Happiest Place on Earth is here.

I think two sets of different colors would be great, urgodschild2. Any more than that and it is too much. Maybe you could find something else you "love" to make besides these two sets, ok?

Do you buy the cards too?
    Last edited by RedGarnet222; 06-15-2012 at 10:03 AM.
    RedGarnet222

*Oliver Wendell Holms

Blog Entries
    I think tea cups to go with those gorgous tea pots.

Third set finished. Presents! Who doesn't like presents? Nobody I know. I don't have a clue for set four right now. Guess I have lots of time to figure it out.

Blog Entries
    Pretty colors on your present. And, your right, who doesn't like presents. I love the varity of squares being shown. These will make very interesting quilts. I didn't get to my blocks this week. But, I will be starting my next set on Monday. I can't wait. They will be fun.

I don't know what the cards are so I must not have them. LOL> thanks for clarifying.
    Teacups would be great.
    Dreaming of New England while being stuck in So. Calif.(the asphalt jungle of the world.) But hey the Happiest Place on Earth is here.

I like your presents.

Oh pretty presents hoppyfrog! Good idea.
    RedGarnet222

*Oliver Wendell Holms

Blog Entries
    Nice gift box for sure.

Here is my 4th set. Can you guess what it is?

Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 ... LastLast