Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures > Mission: Organization
Almost the end of the year.... >

Almost the end of the year....

Almost the end of the year....

Old 12-26-2016, 12:09 AM
Power Poster

I've enjoyed reading everyone's successes and failures...why is putting fabric away such a chore when taking it out is so easy? I've been organizing throughout the year, but have a hard time purging...I did give some to my sister for her Project Linus quilts...I've also been trying to use from stash as I finish UFO's..I have several tops paired with backing and batting..now to get them quilted...like many, finishing an old project before starting another is a continuing goal. I have one area that I just don't seem to get at...maybe next week.
Old 12-26-2016, 06:28 AM

I have done quite well in my very small space. I must discipline myself to clean up after each completed quilt. And process the scraps into sizes I use or toss them.

Once you get it the way you like it---it is much easier to keep it up. I passed along some fabric I did not like.

I have too many of my own quilts and no relatives interested in them. I am mainly a charity quilter and let go of 2 of my own last year. Once they were gone---no regrets. I almost do not remember them.
Old 12-26-2016, 10:27 AM

Originally Posted by SarahBethie View Post
Target is having a sale on the Sterlite storage bins. There's an extra $5 discount when you spend $25. The coupon code is STORAGE. They're available for pickup only.

These should help us start the new year on the right note!
I found a great tote there before Christmas called a Lamper...kind of a cross between a laundry basket and a short hamper, hence the name, I guess. I didn't have a tape measure on me, surprisingly, but when I got home, I found that it fits in the bottom of my sewing cabinets. I'll be getting three more some time this week. I am very pleased since that will help with my reorganization.
Oh and I put a tape measure back in my pocket book when I got home! ��
Old 12-28-2016, 11:53 AM

I had to laugh at "lamper". My husband calls a late late lunch/early early dinner "lupper" For lunch/supper.
LOL

I think I'd like to look at those lampers. Might work for me, too!
Old 12-28-2016, 04:51 PM

Hey Red!
My hubby also uses the term lupper!
I got two more Lampers yesterday. They are white with an aqua accent which also adds to their appeal beyond just their practical uses...
Old 12-28-2016, 07:06 PM

I had a friend and my DGS help me organize my sewing room, then Christmas came and it needs to be organized all over again. I, too, have a donate, maybe and keep pile when I go through the fabric -- the challenge is not to think of uses for the donate pile before I donate.

I opened a lot of cardboard boxes from our move in 2014, putting some of the fabric in plastic totes and some in the sewing room. I also found some of my thread collection (and it was actually in a box labeled thread-LOL).