Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Come Tour My Sewing Room

WOW! WOW! how neat, wish I had the room to set mine up like this. OH! and your lovely singer by the window, I need to check on mine and see if she still sews. Have let newer ones push her into retirement for to long. But thought she had earned the rest time,have sewed million miles on her. Thanks for sharing.
    Freedom is costly and quilting keeps us busy...

Blog Entries
    It looks very inviting!

Linda

Amazing Grace, how sweet the sound, that saved a wretch like me. I once was lost but now am found, was blind, but now I see.
    [John Newton (1725-1807)]

http://sewextremeseams.blogspot.com/

Thank you all! I'm glad you will be able to use my S hook idea for your rulers. It is a fun room, and once I get my goats fed, hay picked up before the storm, kitchen cleaned, house vacuumed, I'm planning on getting in here and sewing me some new jammie pants.

Someone asked about the table. I do cut on this table, but have a small quilt, towel and sheet down on it to use for ironing. I'd been pressing fabric to wrap on comic boards to store in the china cabinet.

I had a tall sewing cabinet with a fold down table in here at first, but decided it took up too much real estate and was not worthy of the space. Down in the basement it went and I popped up the folding table. It is a much better use of space, and I have clear plastic totes underneath storing fabrics.

I've still got room in my closet for more storage if I need, and not all my totes/bins are full, so life is good!

Here ya go ube! Goats from my window. This was taken last Summer. The grass had not grown back over the septic lines. Spoiled, rotten goats they are, and I love them! I've got 11 or 12 that will be kidding staring in April.

audsgirl, the floor is laminate, and it gets cold. That's why I sew and wear these... Very comfy, but my feet don't sweat in them!

What darling little slippers!

Great room, lots of space. lucky girl. Enjoy it.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sept97 View Post
    I have wood laminate in my sewing room but put a braided rug down because I was told the rolling chairs would mark up the floor. Does anyone know if that's true. I guess I could go with stationary chairs with felt on the legs. I hate the rug. I love your room tho
    i've got laminate floors in my house ,no marking on floors from my two rolling chairs. i also have metal shelving like yours, great idea for the rulers, will have to try it
    Last edited by haylillan; 02-21-2013 at 09:54 AM.
    esther

Blog Entries
    I love your space!! I bet you love it too. Happy sewing.
    Sandra
    Treat people the way you want to be treated!!

Blog Entries
    Wish you many happy days sewing in your lovely space. Great stash!
    Abiding in the Vine

Blog Entries
    what a wonderful setup. you are very organized.

Blog Entries
    Very nice!! Your old machine looks like the 2 i have. My room is small so only have space for 1. Love your hard wood floor! Bird houses too

Very nice space. Enjoy it.

Blog Entries
    Love to have a copy of the slipper pattern, have hard time finding comfy ones and my moms feet are soo tiny!!

Painiacs, the slipper pattern is Simplicity 2278. I left off the strap, and cut the pattern up higher, closer to the ankle. I then widened it, since I have very wide feet. I ended up using a gift box and traced the outline of my foot to be sure the bottom of my foot fit the bottom of the slipper. Had to widen it too.

I've cut out two pair of pajama bottoms today, and a couple more pair of slippers are on my list too.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by happyjunker View Post
    Painiacs, the slipper pattern is Simplicity 2278. I left off the strap, and cut the pattern up higher, closer to the ankle. I then widened it, since I have very wide feet. I ended up using a gift box and traced the outline of my foot to be sure the bottom of my foot fit the bottom of the slipper. Had to widen it too.

I've cut out two pair of pajama bottoms today, and a couple more pair of slippers are on my list too.
    Be sure to pick up your pattern when they are on sale at JoAnn's for $1 or 1.99.

happyjunker, love your slippers!

Linda

Amazing Grace, how sweet the sound, that saved a wretch like me. I once was lost but now am found, was blind, but now I see.
    [John Newton (1725-1807)]

http://sewextremeseams.blogspot.com/

I have the exact same sewing cabinet as yours. I got it at a local thrift store (no machine) and I altered the opening for my Janome. I really like it!!!
    Debbie

Thanks for the pattern number for slippers. I just got rid of a pattern I've had for years b/c I decided I was avoiding it due to complicated instructions. These look more 'doable' and comfy!

Love the S hook idea for rulers!! I think you've solved one of my problems.

Is that a Singer 301 I spy on the bottom self of the left hand wire racks/storage shelves? I have one and love it, although I don't use it very often.

Thanks for sharing - your space looks great.

Blog Entries

audsgirl, the floor is laminate, and it gets cold. That's why I sew and wear these... Very comfy, but my feet don't sweat in them!

[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info on the slippers. I know what you mean about feet sweating in slippers. I always wear slippers in the house, and it can be hard to find any that feel good and aren't sweat-inducing. I may have to try those.

Love how you organized the space with the wire shelving racks! The 'S' hooks were a terrific idea.

Love your room and your goats!!!

Is that a Singer cabinet from the late 60's or very early 70's? I have one very similar that house my old mechanical Pfaff 262 I bought in 1968. She is still truckin' and is in my avatar. I have added since then more modern machines such as the Viking Designer Diamond Deluxe and prior to that a Pfaff 2170. I just wish I had a room like your's. It looks wonderful and I love the china hutch idea. Stash behind glass doors!!

Do you sew in your pajamas too? I love it when I don't have to go anywhere and can stay home, all day, never get dressed and just sew sew sew!

Blog Entries
    love it! a little jealous of your tv wireless capability!
    "... let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us."

Love the setup you have. I like the way that you have all your rulers organized. I like having them all in one place in easy reach. Happy sewing
    Sylvia

You all are so sweet! I love my place, and have started using my laptop more in here since it is so comfy and pretty. The cabinet is from the 60's. The machine and cabinet are identical to the one my Mom had, and I learned to sew on. I was not very smart when I gave it to a neighbor and bought a new cabinet that I thought was SO fancy and nice...and expensive! I had to replace the cabinet and machine as the Singer 401A will always be my favorite for both sentimental and functional reasons.

vschieve, I LOVE to sew in my pajamas! I love cotton knit clothes! I am not a fashionista, I am a comfortista!

Cindy A, this pattern is very easy. I added elastic to the back of the slipper just by making a little seam. I was afraid they wouldn't stay on very well. I am making a pair out of a solid royal blue baby bed bumper pad that I picked up for $1. There is enough fabric and batting there for me to make probably 4 or 5 pairs for $1! Save a lot of time sandwiching the fabric and batting too. I really do like the non stick grip on the bottom. Oh, and BTW... they wash up great!
    And just to set the record straight... always, always,always buy your patterns on sale! $1.99 is the most I ever spend on a pattern. Oh yes... and have fun sewing!

that is a wonderful sewing room-looks fun and cozy
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/Upnorthcrafter

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 LastLast