Design wall

Old 01-07-2012, 08:03 AM

All great ideas. Now can anyone point me in the direction of how to make free standing folding screens? I currently live/share the family room of my son's home. It is a huge rec room type. Anyway, I think a design wall would be a big hassle unless I can fold it out of the way and it is not permanent. I hope to find a place and get moved by late summer. Anyway I am thinking a folding screen would work --one side design wall and the other a neutral place. This would also help with heating this huge space, by deflecting heat back into the used area of the room.
Old 01-07-2012, 08:07 AM
Power Poster

Great idea on the folding screen .... the neutral side could be done to match the decor of the room and/or be changed seasonally. Then later, you could have it as a double sided design wall.

Believe me ... you never have a design wall big enough!!!
(says she with a 10 ft x 7-1/2 ft! ... yes I could have it bigger and be happier!)
Old 01-07-2012, 12:38 PM

WilliP check out this site: http://www.favequilts.com/Techniques...-Tutorial/ct/1

Betty

Originally Posted by WilliP View Post
All great ideas. Now can anyone point me in the direction of how to make free standing folding screens? I currently live/share the family room of my son's home. It is a huge rec room type. Anyway, I think a design wall would be a big hassle unless I can fold it out of the way and it is not permanent. I hope to find a place and get moved by late summer. Anyway I am thinking a folding screen would work --one side design wall and the other a neutral place. This would also help with heating this huge space, by deflecting heat back into the used area of the room.
Old 01-08-2012, 02:53 PM

Thanks, now to get to Home Depot for supplies
Old 01-09-2012, 02:06 PM

Originally Posted by lfstamper View Post
My friend uses a roll up shade that she glued flannel to. Rolls up under the window treatment when not in use. Good luck.
Love that idea!
Old 01-09-2012, 02:09 PM

I use the floor of my living room, which we never use and I can let my quilt lay there for days if I need to.
Old 01-10-2012, 12:03 PM

I just used pvc pipe and curtain rod hooks up at the ceiling. i didnt have felt but pinned a queen size sheet to it and pin my fabric to it when I need to layout. then when I am done I roll it up and leave it on the hooks out of the way
Old 01-10-2012, 06:25 PM

Here is a picture of a friend that used a roll up shade and using spray adhesive put a thick pad that you buy for very nice wood tables under the table cloth... this roller is 96" wide and cost less than $20 at Home depot my granddaughter bought one that goes over her closet door...
Attached Thumbnails design-wall-finished.jpg   design-wall.jpg  
Old 01-19-2012, 03:30 AM

I went to the $$ store and bought two flannel backed table cloths. I have a "redneck wall bed' that I designed. When the bed is up the table cloths wrap the box spring. It's just great...and so easy to take down when we have company and drop the bed off the wall. Cheap*cheap* said the baby chick...LOL
Old 01-19-2012, 05:40 PM

I use a flannel sheet and nailed it up high on my room!!!It works great and is very inexpensive!!!