Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures > Mission: Organization
Dust, Lint, how do you manage it? >

Dust, Lint, how do you manage it?

Dust, Lint, how do you manage it?

Old 09-17-2017, 01:37 PM

I live with two dogs, two cats, a big wild field next to me, a railroad track about 100 feet from my house, and the truck route through town on the other side of that. I got a REAL dust problem. I use a piece of cheap flimsy Pelion type material to place on the back of my little fan that catches o good amount of dust. I hand wash and dry them, and reuse them about three times. I just cut it in the shape of the fan back. When I am cutting fabric, I turn the fan away from me to pull the lint away from me. I still have to dust, but it does cut down on it.
Old 09-17-2017, 04:47 PM
Power Poster

I am lucky I don't have that amount of dust. I do run a window AC unit during the summer. I handle fabrics gently as to not create a lot of dust.
Old 09-18-2017, 06:16 AM

I know nothing about shop environments but I do know about vacuums and the rumbas we use are fantastic. They can be programmed to go out at certain times each day. They return themselves to their chargers as well. The only human work is emptying the dust cartridge and replacing the filters when needed. I now work in a practically dust, lint, thread free environment thanks to "Hal," my favorite sewing tool. Some models are pricey but I recommend making the investment in the very best one they have. It's so worth it.