Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures > Mission: Organization
Fabric Organization >

Fabric Organization

Fabric Organization

Old 01-29-2016, 05:51 AM

Originally Posted by zozee View Post
dd

Wow, everything looks so neat and organized. Your pegboard is well done. Could you tell me what those teal colored containers are and where you got them? How about the grey things above them? What's in them?
I got them online, but it has been a few years so couldn't tell you where unfortunately. I will have to search too cuz if I add a countertop, I want DH to build another to the left, since the bookcase is moved into the bedroom. Just need to find room in the guest closet for the fabric now. The gray pegboard containers are tilt out bins. I have bobbins, needles and sewing machine feet that won't fit in my oversized pill containers LOL
Old 01-29-2016, 06:03 AM

Originally Posted by caspharm View Post
What is your cutting table/pressing table made from? Nice pegboard set up over the machine

I like the idea of the counter.
My DH made it to my specifications. It is plywood and approximately 24" x 4 ft. to accommodate my 2' x 3' cutting board and leave room for my iron when I put the removable ironing surface on top. The narrow outside section has three pull out peg boards for rulers, and to the right Command hooks for scissors and rotary cutters, marking pens etc. The right side towards the closet has a deep divided section that holds four machines, and four shallower cubbies nearest the wall that hold plastic containers of projects, fabric, or ironing supplies. On the side towards the Tiara, it is blank where the pegboard slides, but I have since put up Command hooks to hold my 1/4" quilting rulers.
In the back, opposite the shallow cubbies, are two horizontal shelves that hold bolts of fusible fleece, interfacing etc. and on the bottom which is taller, rolls of stabilizer etc.
Old 01-31-2016, 05:17 AM

I love your sewing space. It just looks like such a great space to work in. I hope I can get my space so well organized. I'm still fussing over the placement of my furniture.
Old 01-31-2016, 08:37 AM

I have my bigger yardage over hangers in a closet (lots of closet space in my sewing area) and I've started labelling it as to what it is (linen, sateen, whatever) since I have a lot of garment fabric and how much there is. It's really a help when you are looking for something and need more than a yard or so.

My smaller yardage is on shelves above the sewing tables all the way to the ceiling. I have the fabric in tubs by color. I do have to get them down and go thru the tubs, but having them up there frees up so much floor space for me
Old 02-03-2016, 08:47 AM
Power Poster

Makes you feel good to be organized...
Old 02-06-2016, 05:44 PM

Love your space!! My guild is involved in helping high school students make quilts and we are putting together kits for those that will not be able to afford materials. I forced me to clear out lots of fabric and batting. It was a good experience and I cleared out lots of fabric (still have too much!)