Fabric storage

Old 01-12-2012, 06:12 PM

That fabric looks wonderful and it looks like a quilt store to me!!!!!Stash envy!!!
Old 01-16-2012, 09:46 AM

wow can i come shop in your stash you have an amazing amount of fabric i think you have more purple than i do and thats saying something. you seem to have everything lol. its so well organized too im jealous ))). maybe someday my stash will be that organized. thanks for showing us your space its great i got some ideas too.
carla m
Old 01-20-2012, 05:41 AM

WOW... such inspiration! I'm not trying to start WWIII...but.. for me.. personally...I failed at keeping my fabrics stacked up. A couple years ago I got allll my fabrics neatly organized (sorted by colors and stacked up sooo pretty) and I was thrilled! But... thennnn...I pawed through it (sometimes in a hurry) making mug rugs, table toppers and OTHER Christmas projects. OIVEY.. it's a mess now...again.. still.. whatever...LOL Soooo.. I am going to try using the acid free Comic book boards and get it all reeeeeeee-reeeeeeeeeee---reeeee organized and stored on end. I need to be able to pull it out/put it back or I make a holy mess out of things.

I'd LOVE to use the "coroplast" boards for the inserts, but they are wayyyy out of my financial reach for the amount of fabric I have.

I will say the photos posted in this "mission organization" thread are extremely inspirational to me!

Thanks!

Last edited by Highmtn; 01-20-2012 at 05:46 AM.
Old 01-20-2012, 09:26 AM

Can you all come to Idaho for a week and organize my craft and sewing room??? LOL You all did a great job...I hope I am now encouraged and motivated to do the same...However, there will not be any before pictures...LOL.....
Old 01-20-2012, 09:27 AM

Looks wonderful! Wondering about your folding technique. I am trying to fold my fabric using the 24" ruler. Just getting started myself. Your work is inspiring. Thank you for sharing.
Old 01-21-2012, 11:38 AM

I am spending the weekend organizing my sewing area. I have a sewing desk with 3 drawers and a cabinet, plus 2 or 3 of the plastic storage drawer towers from Walmart. I had a box of scraps that was starting to overflow in my sewing desk, so here's what I did: I went through my drawers and pulled out anything smaller than a quarter flat and put it in a shoe box size plastic container. After that I got my scrap box and pulled out all the cotton and separated it into two boxes of prints and 3/4 box of solids. I did that with the scraps from my drawer also. Then I got all the fleece and put it back in the scrap box it started in. I feel so accomplished now that my scraps aren't overflowing. haha. In an effort to keep my never-ending projects organized, once I get material or notions or whatever for a project I put in a plastic shopping bag and loop a masking tape label around the handle specifying what the project is or who it's for and the name of the pattern. I also have all my quilt pattern magazine pages all in page protectors in a binder organized by size with tabbed dividers then alphabetically within each section. Hope this helps! I also have all my not-in-use stuffing and batting in lugs in the closet.
Old 01-25-2012, 03:03 PM

Don't you just love the look of organized fabrics?! I know I do...all of your pics are great!!
Kif
Old 01-27-2012, 07:06 PM

Looks great!!
Old 01-27-2012, 07:21 PM

That is a lot of fabric! Looks so neat now! Mine gets staighteded up then I make a mess again.
Old 01-27-2012, 09:45 PM

Wow! Like how every thing is color coded. Lots of fabric.