Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures > Mission: Organization
Help! How do you organize smaller pieces of fabric? >

Help! How do you organize smaller pieces of fabric?

Help! How do you organize smaller pieces of fabric?

Old 11-20-2013, 01:06 PM

I store my scraps in plastic storage containers. About once a month I go through the scraps and cut what I can out of the scraps: 6" squares, 5" squares, etc, all the way down to 2" squares. Then these get sorted and stored in smaller plastic storage containers. I learned this trick off the board! When I am ready to start a scrappy quilt, I have a great headstart on it!
Old 11-26-2013, 07:20 PM

I just started using Bonnie's method and it has really helped. I still have my mini bolts and FQ's but it's great to have scraps in usable sizes and sorted. Wish I had read her method years ago. If you like scrappy quilts it's a real time saver.
Old 11-26-2013, 10:40 PM

Location: A Hop from Heaven, a Skip from Sanity and a Jump from the Good Life....

Anything less than a fq goes into containers .. I save the cascade tabs buckets and the all pods buckets I get from SAMs club ...I have an accuquilt go cutter so each bucket is labeled for what die I can use .. 2x2..2.5x2.5..3x3...3.5x3.5.. You get the idea .. And when the bucket gets full I cut and put the finished cut pieces in their perspective sterilite 3drawer fat roller drawer.. Then I start all over again ..