Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures > Mission: Organization
Help with room organization >

Help with room organization

Help with room organization

Old 03-02-2015, 05:15 AM

All good suggestions...just really think about how you work when you are in your quilt room. Place your machine first where you think you will be most comfortable then think about your movements as you go through the process. Only then will you see where things will work best for you. ALSO, I personally want to give you kudos for taking in those three cats. You mention you have four dogs so it might have been a difficult decision to add them to your family. It was a wonderful thing you did taking them in. I'm sure your uncle is smiling down thanking you for your kindness to his furbabies!
Old 03-02-2015, 02:28 PM

I have a nice window in my sewing room but have my back to it when sewing. I like the light coming in over my shoulders and lighting up the area.
Old 03-03-2015, 10:16 AM
Power Poster

I am forever changing my room. You have to keep moving things until you get it the way you want...Good luck...
Old 03-03-2015, 10:39 AM
Power Poster

I have hardwood floors and my room is only about 8x9" My 401 is in a desk cabinet. My 2662 will fit on the desk cabinet of the 401 if need be. I have a 3x6" folding utility table that the 2662 normally sits on. I have a work bench that has been in the room for long time. I like my ironing board for extra fabric space and I can adjust the height to where I need it. I agree with Maniacquilter2's suggestions. I'm looking at your room and thinking if you want to look out the window for a view, maybe you should flip your room. Your cutting table looks like my size. My portable machine is on my table 99% of the time. You could have the sewing machine on the right end of the table and still have room to cut. The table you have your machine on could be used as a small ironing surface while piecing. I'm sure the cats wouldn't mind being moved to the other side as long as you are nearby. It just might give you more space for storage by flipping the sewing space to the window side. Always good to measure!
Old 03-04-2015, 02:38 PM
Power Poster

I am always trying to think of better ways to move things around for better use. My room is probably 10 x 10 and I have two big closets on one side. I couldn't live without those closets, they hold my fabrics.
You will get good ideas here.