Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Here We Go!

Here We Go!

Howdy y'all ☺

It has taken a while. We moved into my in-law's house over the course of the summer of 2016. It took us six months to get moved because we had absolutely no help. We hadn't even had the chance to really get settled in before my mother-in-law passed away. Then we had five birthdays AND Christmas within a five week period! We have finally gotten settled enough to get started on our major projects. So last week I had a contractor come out to look at our extra, backyard garage so he could come up with an estimate for starting on turning it into my sewing room! They will put in a walk-in door and three windows, close off the big garage door, put in my lighting, and put in outlets every three feet and 4' high. The inside measurements are 15 1/2' X 19 1/2'. So I will have a total of 22 outlets! They will also put in a dedicated breaker box in my she-shed for me! So the ball is rolling!!! I'll be sure to post pictures of the progress! I'll finally be able to get to my machines and fabric that is currently crammed into the spare bedroom!

By the way...we also are getting new linoleum in our kitchen, I have a team coming out this week to remove sod and till up my garden spot and to also build my raised bed for my herb garden, and I'm feverishly working to get my chicken coop ready for the chicks that are coming next month! Busy, busy, busy!!!

Donna
    DonnaFreak

"Some days it's just not worth it to chew through the leather straps."

Blog Entries
    You make me tired!!
    As I have grown older, I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake.

Wow, I'm so excited for you. Very sorry to hear about the passing of your mother-in-law. It sounds like you had moved there to assist her with round-the-clock care?

You have so many hobbies--quilting, gardening, "chick-ing". Are there others? BWAHAHAHA. Some of us are going to be a bit jealous of your she-shed and look forward to following your "dream coming true" pictures.

You have a lot on your plate, but it all sounds soooo good. Sorry about your MIL passing.
    Love to quilt and play with the great grandkids

Wow, you're one busy lady. So sorry to hear of your mother-in-law's passing. Your sewing room sounds like it will be wonderful. Please show us pictures when it's finished. Your herb garden and chickens will certainly keep you busy.

Blog Entries
    One suggestion for your she-shed. Make sure you have really good lighting. Also please post pictures. We are anxious to see your lovely domain!

You really have been busy. Can't wait to see what that finished space looks like. So sorry about your Mother-in-Law.
    People will see your quilts long after you're gone - NOT your housework!

Please post pictures of your new sewing area. Make sure you have good lighting

can't wait to see more pics!!!

You certainly have a lot of exciting projects going on. Your she shed sounds awesome. Would love to see pics when its finished. Or the process. I love things like that. Gives me ideas! So sorry for your loss.

Power Poster
    Blog Entries
    First condolences to your husband and you for her passing. Sounds like you had a lot going on and more yet to come. Have fun with your studio.

Good luck with all your projects....

Okay, you have officially made me feel exhausted. You are truly one busy lady!
    I am excited for you and your new sewing room.
    And am sorry to hear about the passing of your mother-in-law.

Since you are doing it your way, try to have an outlet right next to the light switch. I love mine. Think vacuum.
    I have my outlets in the living room wired so that the top outlet in each spot is live, and the bottom one goes off with a switch on the wall when I go out. That way you can "unplug" everything that needs it when you leave the room just by flipping that switch.
    Mavita - Square dancer and One Room School Teacher

Sounds like it will be perfect for you to sew in. Sorry about the passing of your MIL.
    Another Phyllis
    This life is the only one you get - enjoy it before you lose it.

Blog Entries
    your going to love it ,( sweet ) enjoy

Looking fwd to pictures!

Quote Originally Posted by Wanabee Quiltin View Post
    Please post pictures of your new sewing area. Make sure you have good lighting
    I agree. I'm not sure there is anything more important than good lighting - unless it's lots of space.

Sorry for your loss. Now to bring some peace for yourself! Please send lots of in progress pictures. That is the fun part for us to be part of your expansion. Even from all this "work" there will come tranquility!

Sounds great. You are going to be styling. Keep posting the progress - it's fun to follow!